3 days at WDW with a 5 year old

CRamZ90

My wife and I are taking our 5yo to WDW Jan. 25-27. Our plan is to do half days at AK, HS, and Epcot and then a full day and a half at MK. AK opens at 8 on the 26th, and we are hoping to head to HS by noon. Our current plan is to rope drop FoP and then we have fast passes for the safari and River Journey. The only other thing that our son wants to do is see TTBaB and meet characters. Does this sound like a feasible plan, or should we plan to allocate more time to AK?

JIMINYCR

Even with rope dropping FoP, there can be a wait.... so many guests are doing just that Your intention on getting out by noon can work IF all you are intending to do in AK are those few things. There is a lot more to the park that might interest him. Our DS loved to spend time seeing the animals, watching the village entertainers, viewing the Nemo Musical show and the FotLK. AK is more than a half day park if you find it has the things that interests your family.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

You son might like Dinoland as well. You and your wife might want to check our Expedition Everest while you are there. The shows are great. If you've never been there, noon might be overly optimistic to finish everything you would enjoy there. That said, if you only have 3 full park days and want to hit all the parks, sacrifices will have to come from somewhere. Maybe leave out one of the parks on this trip?

Upvote 0

CRamZ90

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We will definitely check out FotLK. Wife and I just spent a week in WDW in May so this trip is purely for the kid (his 5th bday present), but if we can stay in AK long enough for me to get lunch at Satu’li Canteen, that would be great! ;)

Upvote 0

hanwill

I might suggest a full day at MK- there is more than enough for a little boy to do at the MK for a day ( I have two). Have a great trip! And just know you will not be able to see everything.... there's too much to do.

Upvote 0

CRamZ90

Original Poster
Isn’t height req. on FoP just 44”? If that’s tall for a 5 yr old then I guess I DO have a tall kid. Lol. He loves Toy Story and the Muppets, otherwise we would probably skip DHS.

Upvote 0

Rsj88

I think your plan sounds great! That’s exactly how I would plan it if I had three days. Although, I think pandora at night is pretty special. Ive heard people getting on FoP right before closing and having luck with shorter wait times. Just something to think about.
Also, my son loves Epcot. I think it’s always been his favorite park. At 4 and 5 test track was his favorite ride and his all time favorite stop is Club Cool! He thought it was so cool to get free soda, especially since we don’t drink much at home. Also, if you have time at Epcot go see the trains in Germany. Have lots of fun!

Upvote 0

Sneezy62

Just back from taking our 9,7, and 5 year old for their first trip. We made a point of going at their pace. Animal kingdom was a fairly long day and we only did a few “big” rides and left late afternoon. We went there especially for her and she loved it. She visited Mickey and Minnie with mom while I took the bigger kids on Everest. Triceratops Spin once and did Kilimanjaro Safari twice to give her a couple of chances to see the elephants...her favourite part of the entire trip. Outside of that it was watching animals, spending time with the craftspeople and other CMs there. She’s a chatterbox and really loved the cast members she met. We spent nearly an hour just letting her dance with musicians in Harambe and almost another hour watching the primates near the Everest overlook. I really wanted the kids to have a chance to see some of the shows like Nemo, but the kids and especially our 5 years old just totally immersed themselves in the park itself. It was ...ummm magical. YMMV.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom