Trip Report 3 Day trip and no Parks.....just chillaxing-COMPLETED

I’m sharing because I know you all will get this….with the loss of a job due to pandemic we had to give up our annual passes.
sad black and white GIF

Our last trip to Disney was June 2021. Needless to say, I’M HAVING MISSING DISNEY JITTERS!!
anything caffeine GIF

I keep mentioning to the Hubs we should just drive the 2 hours over and do the “free”** stuff (Downtown, Monorail resort hop, etc). I can totally be good with that.
Swearing I Swear GIF by Rosanna Pansino

I just need to be close to the bubble!! Well……he finally said yes AND he actually brought up booking an on-site room.
Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

We first booked a 1 night stay at a Moderate but looked again and found a 2-night Fl Resident rate that was just about the same price at an All-Star. We will be spending 3 days and 2 nights. YAY! YAY! YAY! So Thursday to Saturday this week I get to lounge around a Disney pool and cure my jitters!!
Summer Floating GIF by Disney

Thank you for letting me share :)

** I put free in quotes because I know we would have to pay for gas, food, adult beverages yada yada

rshell68

Original Poster
Park Ridge! Although they are no longer there. We lost my mother in law about a year and a half ago and my father in law now lives in a different (not Sarasota) part of Florida.
Hubs sister and her family live in Park Ridge. Sorry to read about your MIL 😢

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Boat service between the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge has not resumed (yet) since the pandemic. As you discovered, it's a major inconvenience!

Interesting that you were allowed to share the prix fixe anniversary meal. (Quite frankly I'm stunned!)

What a nice (surprise) evening you had!

rshell68

Original Poster
Boat service between the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge has not resumed (yet) since the pandemic. As you discovered, it's a major inconvenience!

Interesting that you were allowed to share the prix fixe anniversary meal. (Quite frankly I'm stunned!)

What a nice (surprise) evening you had!
I didn't mind too much after dinner LOL I was honestly surprised when the bartender told us we could share.

lindawdw

That sounds like the perfect first day! My DH and I have gone up to the California Grill at 4:45 and asked if there was room at the bar and most times, they accommodate us! We thoroughly enjoy this and soak in the atmosphere for as long as possible. Glad it all worked out.

rshell68

Original Poster
Friday, May 13th

With the way events played out the night before today became our hang by the pool and Disney Springs day.

We headed to food court about 9:30 to pick up some breakfast but more importantly to get coffee. We are refillable mug people. I can only guess this comes from our first trips. Remember, they used to be in rooms??!! Anyway, my children know me so well and they both got me Disney gift cards for Mother’s Day. I was going to use part of one to get a 50th mug. I had also brought one of our previous mugs with us. It is the chipped kind but we were actually only going to use by the pool for one of us to keep our adult beverage cold. A CM working the food court asked if we had activated the old mug yet. I explained what it really was planned for. She asked for the cup and reactivated it for free WOW. Very unexpected. I feel bad I don’t remember her name. Bounty platter for hubs and a bagel sandwich for me.
PXL_20220513_135612125.jpg

We found a great table outside. As time inched toward 11 we watched some of the March of Sadness then decided it was pool time.
Mugs in hand we headed to the quieter pool. There were probably about 10 people total at the pool. At one point a CM came through with free Mickey Rice Krispie treats. YUM
PXL_20220513_172829705.jpg

Hung out a couple of hours soaking up the rays then headed back to the room to clean up and head to the Springs.

Being a big Indiana Jones fan I really wanted to check out Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar and Hubs wanted to hit up the Coca-Cola rooftop. I had creeped Jock’s before we went so I knew kind of what we were going to see.

PXL_20220513_202421299.jpg

PXL_20220513_193505441.jpg
PXL_20220513_193821322.jpg

PXL_20220513_202113577.jpg

We of course had to get a Reggie’s Revenge and we also got a Sangria.
PXL_20220513_193607409.jpg
PXL_20220513_194003278.jpg

I have to say they were just okay. Not sure what I really was expecting but we had to try. As we sat and ate and drank we watched the unending line at Gideon’s Bakehouse. Kind of wanted to try one but was not hep to wait in that line.

Headed out to do some shopping. Ended up leaving a little disappointed with only a Disney scent candle to our name. World of Disney was just too chaotic and we just haven’t shopped the new layout enough to know where to look for things we may have wanted.
PXL_20220513_203424879 (1).jpg

We headed to Coca Cola after that (sorry no pics). It was fun watching the people around us drink the flights. I could always tell when they got to the Beverly. After the Rooftop we wandered around a little bit more got a Dole Whip Flight (was definitely not a fan of the habanero one!) then headed back to Music. The clouds were rolling in when we got back to the resort. As soon as we got to our room which was probably about 8 it started storming. We ended up just hanging in the room for the rest of the night.

rshell68

Original Poster
Saturday, May 14th

Today would be our March of Sadness day. We really kind of ended on a boring note LOL

Breakfast as usual then the debate about what to do with the rest of the day started. Mini golf was mentioned but I really think we were both still overwhelmed by how well we enjoyed Thursday and Friday and didn't want to jinx it too much. It was decided to just head back home. Yes, we are that boring!!

Overall I think I was able to make my point to Hubs that we could just go over and enjoy what Disney has that doesn't include Parks. We are definitely still working towards saving up to be able to get AP's again.
  • Hanging aka drinking by the pool ✔️
  • Monorail bar hopping I gave us a .5 on this since we only made 1 stop but I think I'd like to give it more points because of the reason we only made 1 stop LOL
  • Disney Springs - Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar ✔️
  • Epcot loop monorail to see all the walls Yeah, I totally forgot about this until we were on I-4 going home....
Thank you all for checking in!! Can't wait to keep reading everyone's TRs!!

Miss You Goodbye GIF by Mickey Mouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom