3 Day Old Ghost Stories

fngoofy

Original Poster
So I am over on my other favorite web site, FARK and I am reading ghost story posts from the past few years. I come across these, posted last year from a WDW employee (see below).

I am posting them because I was curious whether anyone else had any to share, other than the 999 happy haunts.

dislp38 2007-10-31 01:49:48 PM
used to work graveyard front desk at a luxary hotel (has something to do with "the mouse") I have several stories of haunted rooms but this best from that particular job.
One night, around 10 pm, the swing shift managers were still there and I was manning the back office telephone answering guest questions. The phone rang from room 9325 (not the real room number.) "This is odd." I thought because at that time all the rooms in building 9 had been stripped down for rehab. This was not even chair left in those room and the entire building was barricaded by 6 foot tall construction walls.
I answered the phone and it was silent on the other end. I hung up and informed my managers (two women in their late 20s) and they decided to go out to the building and make no one was in the building (for safety reasons)
They came back 20 minutes later. NOthing. But they were scared outta their minds. They go home after 11 and my phone rings again. Same room. Same silence. This time I have to contact the "duty manager" or the only manager in charge of the resort at night. He's a housekeeping manager and I tell him what is up.
He calls security and his "house boy" to go up with him. I get a phone call from him a few minutes later "D, I'm coming down, get the Crisis keys" The Crisis keys are the only hard keys we have that unlock the deadbolts on the doors when guests have looked themselves in the room.
He gets the keys and 30 minutes later when he returns, he says that when he arrived at the room with security, the door was deadbolted and the connecting room door was shut. He sat a security host outside the door and the house boy by the connecting door while he came to the get the keys from me. When he returned with the keys and unlocked the deadbolt, he tried to open the door but couldn't because it felt like someone was holding it closed on the other side. FInally the door gave way and slammed open to an empty room. Nobody in the room.
/I see dead people
//I have many ghosts stories

dislp38 2007-10-31 03:21:02 PM
Three for the price of one

1) I work graveyard security for a large entertainment complex occasionally. One night in the middle of the night, I was driving my little golf cart near the edge of the fence close to the intersection at the edge of the park. I looked over and see a stocky Hispanic man walking on the sidewalk next to the fence. Thinking it was a construction worker, I looked away for a second and turn back -- the man had vanished. I drove over there looking for him him. I called my manager and gave her a description, detailed down to how long his hair was and how far up his socks were pulled on his legs. I didn't find him.
That's when she told me that several years prior, at the intersection a few yards away four Hispanic males were killed in a car accident.

2) about two years ago, I was guarding a 4 story office building that had been up to a few months prior filled with Animators and film directors who had been laid off. When I guarded the building before, I was not able to visit a few offices because they were "off limits" to the lowly people who worked there. I also heard there was a resident ghost named Bridgette. Bridgette musta loved her job, she apparently died in a car accident on the way home one night.
So, the building was vacant except for a few offices and the vacant offices were filled with left over drawings and paper and a few pieces of office furniture.
I walked through all of the 1st floor offices and shifted through the crap left on the desk. After I finished the 1st floor, I walked up to the second floor where the "off limits" production suite used to be located and I immediately got a sense that I had no right to be there. I thought this was silly since the building was mostly vacant. I walked into what used to be the directors office, flipped on the light and walked to the desk located to the far end of the room. I was looking through the left over paper, when I felt something warm and clammy grab my left elbow from behind. My immediate thought was "how the heck did a Florida tree frog get in here?" I went to brush the "frog" away and there was nothing there. I immediately apologized to Bridgette for being in an off limits space and stayed in the lobby for the rest of the night. I didn't finish my "rounds" . I figured Bridgette was keeping the building very safe without my help.

3) an extra one -- a friend of my mine worked custodial and her first week cleaning a public restroom at night after everyone left, she had a strange situation. She was in the restroom alone when one by one all of the stall doors banged open as if someone was looking for something. She immediately requested a different area to clean.
A while later, I was relating the tale of the bathroom to a manager and she told me that years ago, a husband of one of the workers walked into the bathroom with two shotguns, looking for his estranged wife who was suppose to be working there. Later that night, the man died in front the same bathroom when the police swat team took him out. Years later, I guess he's still looking for his wife.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3172933&togglehtml=1&ok=873574959&cpp=1

fngoofy

Original Poster
Very creepy indeed! Thanks for the belated Halloween fun! (The bathroom one really creeped me out!):eek:

Same here, although I thought the hotel room one was also freaky.
Sounds like the Poly to me, luxury hotel, refurb, multiple buildings.

I was going to ask on halloween if anyone had any real stories (not haunted mansion jokes) but I didn't have time. Then I am reading this years stories over at fark and then I got hooked and was reading last years and came across these.

I always thought that as much as people love disney it would be a popular spot for the recently departed.

Any other CMs out there with stories, please post.

Hey, it's where I hope to spend my afterlife! BTW, I also thought of the Poly, for the same reasons. Cool--it's my favorite hotel. I hope that means I, too, can haunt it some day!

raven

Well, I just started a month ago at WDW so I don't have any stories...yet. But since I'm working 3rd shifts I can tell you that some of the old abandoned animatronics are very creepy in the dark! :lookaroun

disney9752

:hammer:
So I am over on my other favorite web site, FARK and I am reading ghost story posts from the past few years. I come across these, posted last year from a WDW employee (see below).

I am posting them because I was curious whether anyone else had any to share, other than the 999 happy haunts.

dislp38 2007-10-31 01:49:48 PM
used to work graveyard front desk at a luxary hotel (has something to do with "the mouse") I have several stories of haunted rooms but this best from that particular job.
One night, around 10 pm, the swing shift managers were still there and I was manning the back office telephone answering guest questions. The phone rang from room 9325 (not the real room number.) "This is odd." I thought because at that time all the rooms in building 9 had been stripped down for rehab. This was not even chair left in those room and the entire building was barricaded by 6 foot tall construction walls.
I answered the phone and it was silent on the other end. I hung up and informed my managers (two women in their late 20s) and they decided to go out to the building and make no one was in the building (for safety reasons)
They came back 20 minutes later. NOthing. But they were scared outta their minds. They go home after 11 and my phone rings again. Same room. Same silence. This time I have to contact the "duty manager" or the only manager in charge of the resort at night. He's a housekeeping manager and I tell him what is up.
He calls security and his "house boy" to go up with him. I get a phone call from him a few minutes later "D, I'm coming down, get the Crisis keys" The Crisis keys are the only hard keys we have that unlock the deadbolts on the doors when guests have looked themselves in the room.
He gets the keys and 30 minutes later when he returns, he says that when he arrived at the room with security, the door was deadbolted and the connecting room door was shut. He sat a security host outside the door and the house boy by the connecting door while he came to the get the keys from me. When he returned with the keys and unlocked the deadbolt, he tried to open the door but couldn't because it felt like someone was holding it closed on the other side. FInally the door gave way and slammed open to an empty room. Nobody in the room.
/I see dead people
//I have many ghosts stories

dislp38 2007-10-31 03:21:02 PM
Three for the price of one

1) I work graveyard security for a large entertainment complex occasionally. One night in the middle of the night, I was driving my little golf cart near the edge of the fence close to the intersection at the edge of the park. I looked over and see a stocky Hispanic man walking on the sidewalk next to the fence. Thinking it was a construction worker, I looked away for a second and turn back -- the man had vanished. I drove over there looking for him him. I called my manager and gave her a description, detailed down to how long his hair was and how far up his socks were pulled on his legs. I didn't find him.
That's when she told me that several years prior, at the intersection a few yards away four Hispanic males were killed in a car accident.

2) about two years ago, I was guarding a 4 story office building that had been up to a few months prior filled with Animators and film directors who had been laid off. When I guarded the building before, I was not able to visit a few offices because they were "off limits" to the lowly people who worked there. I also heard there was a resident ghost named Bridgette. Bridgette musta loved her job, she apparently died in a car accident on the way home one night.
So, the building was vacant except for a few offices and the vacant offices were filled with left over drawings and paper and a few pieces of office furniture.
I walked through all of the 1st floor offices and shifted through the crap left on the desk. After I finished the 1st floor, I walked up to the second floor where the "off limits" production suite used to be located and I immediately got a sense that I had no right to be there. I thought this was silly since the building was mostly vacant. I walked into what used to be the directors office, flipped on the light and walked to the desk located to the far end of the room. I was looking through the left over paper, when I felt something warm and clammy grab my left elbow from behind. My immediate thought was "how the heck did a Florida tree frog get in here?" I went to brush the "frog" away and there was nothing there. I immediately apologized to Bridgette for being in an off limits space and stayed in the lobby for the rest of the night. I didn't finish my "rounds" . I figured Bridgette was keeping the building very safe without my help.

3) an extra one -- a friend of my mine worked custodial and her first week cleaning a public restroom at night after everyone left, she had a strange situation. She was in the restroom alone when one by one all of the stall doors banged open as if someone was looking for something. She immediately requested a different area to clean.
A while later, I was relating the tale of the bathroom to a manager and she told me that years ago, a husband of one of the workers walked into the bathroom with two shotguns, looking for his estranged wife who was suppose to be working there. Later that night, the man died in front the same bathroom when the police swat team took him out. Years later, I guess he's still looking for his wife.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3172933&togglehtml=1&ok=873574959&cpp=1

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the last story sounds like an incident that took place at epcot at least 15 years ago. i believe it was in front of the bathrooms between "communicore west" & the land. if i recall correctly he commited suicide. any cm could maybe get a copy of the article from the research library. i had a copy of the orlando sentinel article but lost it when i moved last time.:hammer:

raven

:hammer:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the last story sounds like an incident that took place at epcot at least 15 years ago. i believe it was in front of the bathrooms between "communicore west" & the land. if i recall correctly he commited suicide. any cm could maybe get a copy of the article from the research library. i had a copy of the orlando sentinel article but lost it when i moved last time.:hammer:

Wait!!! What?!!! I just detailed those bathrooms last night and the power went out about 12:20AM so I didn't come back to finish until 5:30AM. I didn't know anything about this. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom