2nd Interview for Tech Job Coming! >_<

ghenware275

Original Poster
Hi, I'm new here, just so glad I found this community!, I just graduated college a few months ago, and have been interning for a production house based out of Orlando. My boss there used to work for Disney and said he could put my foot in the door for a Tech Job, a Video one, I believe (and yes, he is where he is today because of Disney!) anyhoo I got the first interview, all went well, until the end of the interview, setting up the next one, two and a half weeks!!! I have never been more nervous for a job in my life basically because I know this could become a career, and now I have to wait two and a half weeks to be asked all these questions that I might not know the answers to. Well, FINALLY this week, is the interview, can anyone out there give me some tips? since I applied for a Video Tech job, anyone know what some of the questions might be? My boss gave me his old training manuals to look at, but there isn't one for Video, I have three: Lighting, Sound, and Electricty, of those three, which should I be studying the most? GAHH soooo horrified of this interview, and even worse, I'm reading that I won't even get an answer until one to three weeks later, any help would be GREATLY appreciated, sorry for the long post, when I'm nervous I ramble :hammer: and thanks again for having such an awesome resource!!!

disneygoof1

I also have a second interview coming up for a stage tech. I can't wait, I have been on restricted rehire for five years now, and it finally has been lifted. Good luck.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Good luck to BOTH of you!! If I ever make it back to school, I'm going back for Stage Production and would love to get a PI w/Disney

echoscot

Have you had your second interview yet? Also what are your strengths with tech stuff?

I have been a tech at Disney for over 10 years, mostly audio. If you like audio start out there. They do like lighting people as techs as well. None of the work is really that hard, but you will put in some long hours.

As a tech you are considered "semi-skilled labor" which means your payscale is slightly above those in attractions, foods, merchandise etc. So that helps some. You can top out close to 19-20/hr within about 5 years depending on your competency and team skills.

Anyway, best of luck on your interview.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom