2nd Annual 31 Days of Imagineering

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Merry First Day of December everyone!

So, this is something we've done in the past a few times. I know I lead one last December, and I'm gonna help lead it again this year!

It's a prompt a day open brainstorming thread. Each day of December there will be a new prompt. And we'll all work together to come up with some ideas for it!

There are a lot of people on the board who don't have a lot of time over the holidays, and with the One Sentence Competition on a hiatus, there isn't a casual, small scale outlet at the moment. Conversely, some people have too much free time over the holidays and might want more to do on the boards! Newer people might want an easy way to get involved, veterans might be looking for ways to get back into imagineering, etc.

I'm gonna be posting a new Imagineering Challenge everyday of December for us to work on together!

Simple, fun things to keep the Imagineering juices flowing over the holidays! I'll try to make a schedule up so that way this thread can keep going even if I miss a day or two.

December Prompts

1. Frozen Land (More focused on Frozen 2)
  2. 4th Video Game in a series Day! Red Dead 4 and Kingdom Hearts 4 Ideas!
  3. Update Disney Village in Paris
  4. Do something cool with the Muppets at any park!
  5. Our own dream version of Marvel Land for DCA
  6. Transportation Day! Update TTC! Plus, expand Monorail/skyliner and add new transportation options!
  7. Tales from Muppetland Reboot
  8. Replace Star Tours on both coasts
  9. New Hotel for Universal's Epic Universe at the Universal Orlando Resort
  10. Tomorrowland Redo (Disneyland or WDW)
  11. Pitch a Disney Remake of something that could actually use a remake
  12. A Proper Lilo & Stitch Attraction
  13. Fix Up Hollywoodland in DCA
  14. Second Gate for Hong Kong or Shanghai
  15. Third Attraction for Pandora
  16. Retheme Lost Continent
  17. New Instagram Wall/Photo Op
  18. Improve Galaxy's Edge (Third Attraction)
  19. Replace Jungle Cruise in Disneyland Paris with a new attraction or mini-land
  20. New Film based on a Disney attraction
  21. Holiday Maze for Universal (Think Christmas version of HHN) and/or Universal ride holiday overlay
  22. Holiday Themed Resort
  23. New Holiday overlay for a Disney Attraction
  24. Flat Ride for Epcot
  25. Either Fix Episode 9 (If it is just so-so) or Make Cool Stuff to follow it up (If it's great)
  26. Create an Event or Temporary Attraction in AK to distract while Disco Yeti is fixed
  27. Create a new Signature Dish for one of the WDW restaurants
  28. Spaceship Earth Update
  29. New Disney Springs Nighttime Show

Back-Up/January Prompts

1. Replace Frozen Sing Along with similarly small scale show
  2. A Disney+ Original Series
  3. Tron Land
  4. Retheme IOA Marvel Superhero Island
  5. New Nighttime Parade for MK
  6. Themed attraction for a Water Park (No water slides, pools, or lazy rivers!)
  7. Permanent Stranger Things Attraction at Universal
  8. Dinoland Update
  9. New Great Movie Ride
  10. Fix Pixar Pier
  11. Add a ride to Pacific Wharf
  12. Add Tributes to extinct Disney attractions
  13. Create a new Disneyland Hotel
  14. Ultimate Disney Cover Album
Here's the thread from last year if anyone is interested!
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/31-days-of-imagineering.951848/

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
December 1st
Brainstorming Ideas for Future Challenges

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with a list of idea for us to work on together on future days! Any Imagineering challenge you guys want to see us all work on? Simple ones, crazy ones, goofy ones, challenging ones, whatever! No bad ideas!

Last year we had everything from "Fix a Bad Movie" to "Make a ride based on Club Penguin" to "Update Rafiki Planet Watch" so the sky is the limit!​

Suchomimus

A couple ideas for the 4th entry (yes, there are three Red Dead titles; Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2). The first and most probable is Red Dead Redemption 3. Now I don’t know if this would be sequel where we follow Jack Marston; John Marston’s son from the RDR games; or a prequel like RDR2 where we follow Dutch Van Der Linde or Arthur Morgan’s father, but either way, we could very well see the other states outside of New Austin, West Elizabeth, Ambarino, New Hanover, and Lemoyne.
Another title that’s been discussed by fans is a Civil War era chapter of Red Dead, since we know that Lemoyne in particular had one of the bloodiest battles in the war. This could also open up the opposite of Lannahechee River seen in this map here, as well as north of Ambarino.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I’m not sure if everyone if familiar with this franchise and it’s lore; and I myself never played the games; but I would like to discuss a new game for the Red Dead Universe. And it doesn’t have to be Red Dead Redemption 3.
Love it! Can definitely put that down for a day!

Some other ideas for prompts:

A new holiday overlay for a ride

A new simple show to replace or update the Frozen Sing Along

A Disney+ Original Series

Worlds for Kingdom Hearts 4

Permanent Stranger Things attraction for Universal

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

So, this is something we've done in the past a few times. I know I lead one last December, and I'm gonna help lead it again this year!

It's a prompt a day open brainstorming thread. Each day of December there will be a new prompt. And we'll all work together to come up with some ideas for it!

There are a lot of people on the board who don't have a lot of time over the holidays, and with the One Sentence Competition on a hiatus, there isn't a casual, small scale outlet at the moment. Conversely, some people have too much free time over the holidays and might want more to do on the boards! Newer people might want an easy way to get involved, veterans might be looking for ways to get back into imagineering, etc.

I'm gonna be posting a new Imagineering Challenge everyday of December for us to work on together!

Simple, fun things to keep the Imagineering juices flowing over the holidays! I'll try to make a schedule up so that way this thread can keep going even if I miss a day or two.

Project Plan

1. Come up with ideas for prompts
  2. ??
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. ?
  16. ?
  17. ?
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?
  23. ?
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
  31. ?
December 1st

For today, we are gonna work together to come up with a list of idea for us to work on together on future days! Any Imagineering challenge you guys want to see us all work on? Simple ones, crazy ones, goofy ones, challenging ones, whatever! No bad ideas!

Last year we had everything from "Fix a Bad Movie" to "Make a ride based on Club Penguin" to "Update Rafiki Planet Watch" so the sky is the limit!​

Gonna tag some people I remember being involved last year!
@spacemt354
@FireMountain
@NateD1226
@TwilightZone
@kmbmw777

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Project Plan

2. ??
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. ?
  16. ?
  17. ?
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?
  23. ?
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
  31. ?
December 1st

Last year we had everything from "Fix a Bad Movie" to "Make a ride based on Club Penguin" to "Update Rafiki Planet Watch" so the sky is the limit!

@Kman101
@Outbound
@Disney Dad 3000
@Voxel
@PerGronStudio

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Project Plan

2. ??
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. ?
  16. ?
  17. ?
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?
  23. ?
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
  31. ?
December 1st

Last year we had everything from "Fix a Bad Movie" to "Make a ride based on Club Penguin" to "Update Rafiki Planet Watch" so the sky is the limit!

@DisneyManOne
@Evilgidgit
@englanddg
@MonorailRed
@D Hindley

Outbound

A couple ideas for the 4th entry (yes, there are three Red Dead titles; Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2). The first and most probable is Red Dead Redemption 3. Now I don’t know if this would be sequel where we follow Jack Marston; John Marston’s son from the RDR games; or a prequel like RDR2 where we follow Dutch Van Der Linde or Arthur Morgan’s father, but either way, we could very well see the other states outside of New Austin, West Elizabeth, Ambarino, New Hanover, and Lemoyne.
Another title that’s been discussed by fans is a Civil War era chapter of Red Dead, since we know that Lemoyne in particular had one of the bloodiest battles in the war. This could also open up the opposite of Lannahechee River seen in this map here, as well as north of Ambarino.

I'd also like to make this a prompt. After playing thru RDR2 I started a brainstorm of a potential RDR3, it's unfinished and was supposed to go on the Rockstar Forums, but I think I could post it here, provided it's "on the topic". I'd be most interested in heading further west, to the real wilderness, and possibly even down to Tropical Southern Mexico.

Prompt ideas -
  1. Create a Frozen area in honor of Frozen II
  2. Imagine our own "Marvel Land" coming soon to DCA
  3. Design a new ship for Disney Cruises
  4. Improve Galaxy's Edge
  5. Design A Holiday Themed Resort (including all the winter holidays)
  6. Figure out what to do with Star Tours now that it's not in SWGE
    1. In Disneyland, replace with new Tomorrowland Simulator?
    2. In DHS, replace with new IP-based Simulator?
  7. Design a Universal Studios Holiday Overlay
  8. When Ep 9 comes out...
    1. Fix a bad movie if it's not so good
    2. OR if it's good, imagine new stories for the future of SW!

Evilgidgit

Throwing out some ideas:

1. The expected "fix Tomorrowland" option.
2. Create Christmas-themed mazes for Universal (basically non-scary scare zones for Christmas).
3. Spruce up the Hollywood land in DCA with fitting attractions.
4. Update Disney Village in Paris.
5. Add a themed attraction either Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, or Volcano Bay that isn't a water slide, pool, or lazy river.
6. Do SOMETHING with the Muppets!
7. Remake a Disney film that actually needs remaking.
8. Create a land based around TRON.
9. Create a new film based on a Disney attraction (not Pirates).
10. A second gate for Hong Kong or Shanghai

Miru

- Refurbish Pixar Pier
- Create a proper Lilo & Stitch Ride
- Add a ride to Pacific Wharf
- Add tributes to extinct attractions that don’t have any tributes in the parks yet.
- Create a new signature dish for a restaurant
- Create a new Disneyland hotel.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wow!! These are all gonna be great prompts! I'll make sure to go through and work out a schedule of 30 for the rest of the month. Keep the ideas coming! If we have too many, we can just keep going into January or have extra prompts on some days!

PerGron

A few more ideas
-Write the Spaceship Earth update
-Update Journey into Imagination with Figment
-Replace Marvel Island at IOA
-Create an event at AK to draw crowds while we fix the disco yeti
-Create a new nighttime show for Disney Springs
-Design a replacement for Jungle Cruise in DLP
-Add a second gate to Hong Kong

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, after combining similar ones we have:

11 Single Attractions Prompts
11 Land Updates/Redos Prompts
5 Movies/TV Shows Prompts
3 Holiday Things Prompts
3 Shows Prompts
2 Hotels Prompts
2 Transportation Related Prompts
2 Video Game Prompts
6 Misc Prompts

Making 45 total prompts!

There are only 30 more days in December, so that gives us 15 back up prompts! We can use them on days we need an extra, or just keep going into January. I'm gonna try to mix a nice variety together and get a good set up for us! The first post should be updated with the schedule soon. If there's ever days I'm not here or not active till later, anyone can feel free to get the ball rolling on that day's prompt!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

December Prompts

1. Journey into Imagination Version 4
  2. Frozen Land (More focused on Frozen 2)
  3. 4th Video Game in a series Day! Red Dead 4 and Kingdom Hearts 4 Ideas!
  4. Update Disney Village in Paris
  5. Do something cool with the Muppets at any park!
  6. Our own dream version of Marvel Land for DCA
  7. Transportation Day! Update TTC! Plus, expand Monorail/skyliner and add new transportation options!
  8. Tales from Muppetland Reboot
  9. Replace Star Tours on both coasts
  10. New Hotel for Universal's Epic Universe at the Universal Orlando Resort
  11. Tomorrowland Redo (Disneyland or WDW)
  12. Pitch a Disney Remake of something that could actually use a remake
  13. A Proper Lilo & Stitch Attraction
  14. Fix Up Hollywoodland in DCA
  15. Second Gate for Hong Kong or Shanghai
  16. Third Attraction for Pandora
  17. Retheme Lost Continent
  18. New Instagram Wall/Photo Op
  19. Improve Galaxy's Edge (Third Attraction)
  20. Replace Jungle Cruise in Disneyland Paris with a new attraction or mini-land
  21. New Film based on a Disney attraction
  22. Holiday Maze for Universal (Think Christmas version of HHN) and/or Universal ride holiday overlay
  23. Holiday Themed Resort
  24. New Holiday overlay for a Disney Attraction
  25. Flat Ride for Epcot
  26. Either Fix Episode 9 (If it is just so-so) or Make Cool Stuff to follow it up (If it's great)
  27. Create an Event or Temporary Attraction in AK to distract while Disco Yeti is fixed
  28. Create a new Signature Dish for one of the WDW restaurants
  29. Spaceship Earth Update
  30. New Disney Springs Nighttime Show

Back-Up/January Prompts

1. Replace Frozen Sing Along with similarly small scale show
  2. A Disney+ Original Series
  3. Tron Land
  4. Retheme IOA Marvel Superhero Island
  5. New Nighttime Parade for MK
  6. Themed attraction for a Water Park (No water slides, pools, or lazy rivers!)
  7. Permanent Stranger Things Attraction at Universal
  8. Dinoland Update
  9. New Great Movie Ride
  10. Fix Pixar Pier
  11. Add a ride to Pacific Wharf
  12. Add Tributes to extinct Disney attractions
  13. Create a new Disneyland Hotel
Alright, so some calls of what was the December schedule and what was the overflow was basically just coin flips lol. But as long as people are still up for it, I'm game to just keep this going until January 13th and finish them all up haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom