$28.99 For A Dessert!

Violet

Our family would love to conquer the Kitchen Sink but 3 of the 5 of us would puke once we got to the middle knowing that were all eating out of the same dish and putting our used spoons back into the soupy melted ice cream. ~sigh~ guess were a little OCD.

Seriously. I love my little family and all that, but the thought of all of us eating out of the same ice cream bowl over and over... :eek:

Sumrdog

The concept of this thing makes me sick...I share desserts with my family all the time, however everyone just takes a tidy little bite and moves on. This, people dip in over and over and then it melts into a giant slop of ice cream and toppings that swill around to the point that no one knows who is eating from who's side anymore. I am about to dry heave just thinking about it. We saw a kids birthday party share two of them and it was just about the nastiest thing I have witnessed when it comes to ice cream eating. :eek:

I apologize if I have upset anyone with my opinion of this dessert behemoth, but I just think that no more than two people should ever share an ice cream sundae and they need to eat it fast before it melts.

l4dybu6

I would LOVE to try one, but seeing as though I am lactose intolerant and my mom couldn't eat much by herself, it will never happen T.T

Zipadeelady

The concept of this thing makes me sick...I share desserts with my family all the time, however everyone just takes a tidy little bite and moves on. This, people dip in over and over and then it melts into a giant slop of ice cream and toppings that swill around to the point that no one knows who is eating from who's side anymore. I am about to dry heave just thinking about it. We saw a kids birthday party share two of them and it was just about the nastiest thing I have witnessed when it comes to ice cream eating. :eek:

I apologize if I have upset anyone with my opinion of this dessert behemoth, but I just think that no more than two people should ever share an ice cream sundae and they need to eat it fast before it melts.

LOL..I totally agree. I would love to do this to say i did it but just the thought makes me queasy!

Cosmic Commando

Considering ALL that goes into it, I'm not surprised at the price. One Large Sundae at my local ice cream parlor costs $3.00. Thats only 3 scoops of ice cream, little drizzle of 2 toppings, no cake, no brownie, no cookies, etc.
  • ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
  • ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
  • 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
  • 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
  • 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
  • 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
  • 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
  • 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
  • 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
  • ¼ cup marshmallow crème
  • ¼ cup strawberry topping
  • ¼ cup pineapple topping
  • 1 14-oz can dairy whipped topping
  • 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
  • 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
  • 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
  • 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
  • 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
  • 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
  • 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
  • ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
  • ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
But many of the menu choices at the Disney restaurant is inflated. Why not the KS? I've had meals at Disney that has been that expensive and hadn't nearly filled me up.

A WHOLE CAN?!?!?! :D

We had the Kitchen Sink in 2011 and I think it was 24.99 (+ 20% off for TiW). We had four adults and two kids, and it was still a chore to finish it. It's actually a good deal if you have a group of people... plus, you get the show that goes along with it!

Cosmic Commando

SDC12551.jpg

SDC12552.jpg

SDC12554.jpg

Dwarful

Our family would love to conquer the Kitchen Sink but 3 of the 5 of us would puke once we got to the middle knowing that were all eating out of the same dish and putting our used spoons back into the soupy melted ice cream. ~sigh~ guess were a little OCD.

My gang had the same concern. They brought us individual bowls, spoons and a very large serving spoon to dish it out with...so there was no double dippin' involved. We did it...but we had 5 adults, 2 teens and 4 other younger kids. We all enjoyed it but didn't feel sick afterwards. For our group it was cheaper to go this route than order individual items.

Zipadeelady

Thanks so much for letting us know @Dwarful! I don't know why but i never even thought to ask for bowls and spoons. :rolleyes:

This is now a must do! Everyone in our family thought it looked neat but never had the stomach for it. Now we'll be doing it this fall!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom