26 Moments that will restore your faith in humanity.

Britt

I saw that list on FB this morning and it was soooo what I needed to start my day off right.

Hearing all the awful in the world over and over and relentless coverage of it, it was good to see the amazing things that happened this year. :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Still not void. The cop did a great, selfless thing and that is what matters. The fact that the homeless guy was a nut/fraud/whatever is irrelevant.

Yes, true. But as hope is shown the lack of hope presented by the faux homeless man negates it; does it not? I'd love to see a lack of hope list. We could hit 1,000 items on that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, true. But as hope is shown the lack of hope presented by the faux homeless man negates it; does it not? I'd love to see a lack of hope list. We could hit 1,000 items on that.
To the cynical it might. Not everyone you help is going to appreciate it. The harsh reality is many people in bad situations are there because of themselves. There have been a number of people that I have helped that turned out to be lost causes. The ones that turn the corner make it worth it. I'll try and fail 1000 times just to succeed once.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
To the cynical it might. Not everyone you help is going to appreciate it. The harsh reality is many people in bad situations are there because of themselves. There have been a number of people that I have helped that turned out to be lost causes. The ones that turn the corner make it worth it. I'll try and fail 1000 times just to succeed once.

Everyone knows I HAVE to maintain my image of cynicism here. Otherwise the world just might end tomorrow as a result of the universe being upset with me :p

I agree people out their own selves in situations. Want others to help. Don't want to do anything to help themselves. See (topic not allowed to be discussed). Heck, going to Disney world and watching people is enough to make you lose any and all hope. Amazing it is! But when I reach one person I don't see hope for humanity but a small group of people.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Everyone knows I HAVE to maintain my image of cynicism here. Otherwise the world just might end tomorrow as a result of the universe being upset with me :p

I agree people out their own selves in situations. Want others to help. Don't want to do anything to help themselves. See (topic not allowed to be discussed). Heck, going to Disney world and watching people is enough to make you lose any and all hope. Amazing it is! But when I reach one person I don't see hope for humanity but a small group of people.
That might be the saddest thing I have ever read.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Cynicism is not a virtue, I rank it right up with jealousy. You have to work on ditching it man.

Shhhh I have an image to uphold! You know this this!

Although realism and cynicism do not fit hand in hand. It is just convenient to call one of those on an individual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom