25th anniversary

the-reason

Original Poster
To all of you who remembers the anniversary, and the Castle cake.What actually did you guys think of it.Was it really neccasary.
Also does anyone know how they made it look like that.Did they board it all up during their off season, or did they just flat out paint it pink with the guest coming in.Or what:veryconfu
I guess what Im trying to ask is if they had it all board it up, and messed up looking when a lot of ppl were there.

andre85

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this board (wouldn't be the first time), but I thought the castle cake was brilliant from conception to execution. What better way to signify Magic Kingdom's 25th birthday than my transforming its most iconic structure into an ever more recognizable symbol (while still maintaining its castle appearance). Granted, I wouldn't want it that way forever (like that damn wand over at Epcot), but as a time sensitive event it was quite fitting.

the-reason

Original Poster
I totally agree, I thought it was nice, but It had to go within a year.I also agree that the Epcot hand thing over SE, and the Sorceras hat at the Disney MGM Studios, need to go.The wand is OK, I guess, but really I think that It should be done away with.The Hat should be demolished, It was great for the celebration, but thats all over now.And all it is now, is a gift shop.It serves for no true purpose.It also takes away from the Hollywood feel.

Reggie

andre85

How could I forget to mention the hat? Plus it's obscuring the brilliant full scale replica of the Mann's Chinese Theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom