$22 round trip airfare ?

macefamily

I'm flying down to Jacksonville to help my daughter move into a new apartment. We're going to head down to Disney and spend three days onsite and visit the parks. I booked a flight last night from Philly to Jacksonville. I have no checked bag or carry on. Total for the ticket ? $22 ! I'm concerned about flying, but I will have masks, gloves, and sanitizer in my backpack. By the way, it was the same price to go from Philly to Orlando.

macefamily

Original Poster
Yes I am. I'm also a Discount Den member which knocked about $50 off the total price. I'm looking for more flights in September and October.

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

Good deal. One of my good friends is a FA for them. I've flown them a few times out of PHL. If you're a Discount Den member, you know what you're in for then. I'd never flown a ULCC before I flew Frontier, so I didn't know what to expect. It's a little different than SWA and the legacy carriers. :)

Upvote 0

macefamily

Original Poster
Absolutely correct. There are definitely sacrifices you make when flying discount carriers. The seats feel like you're sitting on plywood, but I can put up with it for two hours to save $300. I'll take that savings and book a dinner at California Grille when it finally opens ;)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

And with Frontier ( and other discount airlines) if you get bumped or have mechanical issues, you may have a longer period of time delays before getting on another flight. DS's coworker recently had a mechanical problem keep his Frontier flight from NY grounded for several hours, then cancelled, and the next available flight out was not until the next day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom