21 days in WDW - what do you think?

Jonathan Woolf

Original Poster
Hi from Cambridge England.

Our 180 window opens tomorrow and our plans for ADRs are as follows:

Any thoughts both positive and negative so very welcome - thank you - Jonathan x

Be Our Guest (Breakfast)

all others dinner

Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Grand Floridian Cafe
Beaches and Cream
Boma
Marrakesh
Sanaa
Artist Point (2 credits)
Kona Cafe
50's Prime Time
V and A (Possibly)
Jungle Skipper
Jiko (2 credits)
Frontera Cocina
Homecoming
Cali Grill (2 credits)
Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
Liberty Tree Tavern
Whispering Canyon Cafe

littleroo

Congrats on 180 mark!! I would think about Ohana for breakfast and/or dinner. Sanaa is a must. We also really enjoy Raglan Road, Morimotos and the Boathouse. I would skip liberty tree tavern and teppan edo. The food in both of these places is soso. I hope time goes super fast for you. Enjoy!!

nickys

Premium Member
Hi from Cambridge England.

Our 180 window opens tomorrow and our plans for ADRs are as follows:

Any thoughts both positive and negative so very welcome - thank you - Jonathan x

Be Our Guest (Breakfast)

all others dinner

Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Grand Floridian Cafe
Beaches and Cream
Boma
Marrakesh
Sanaa
Artist Point (2 credits)
Kona Cafe
50's Prime Time
V and A (Possibly)
Jungle Skipper
Jiko (2 credits)
Frontera Cocina
Homecoming
Cali Grill (2 credits)
Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
Liberty Tree Tavern
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Personally I would never do BOG breakfast again. It was lukewarm at best, by the time I had been up twice for tea (the first cup was again lukewarm), mine was cold. We got 2 small plates of pastries for 4 of us. Over-priced and just awful.

We did lunch too and loved it. If you want breakfast in MK I'd do Crystal Palace. My favourite breakfast though is O'Hana.

Enjoy! We did 21 days 4 years ago, loved it. Take some time to explore other resorts, KSC etc. You'll have a ball. Hope the exchange rate improves further for you. We hardly did any shopping at Christmas, other than souvenir shirts and hoodies.

belledream

21 days...I think AWESOME! Though you might be so full halfway through the trip that you will need to end up splitting meals! ;)

Be Our Guest breakfast is worth it for the early entry, but over the course of 3 weeks, you will definitely have plenty of time at MK. Personally, my favorite meal at BOG is lunch.

Love all the resort dining reservations - happy resort hopping and relaxation to the max!

Schneewittchen

Marrakesh - In my opinion, the most beautiful restaurant at WDW, the tile work is amazing, great entertainment, best chicken bastillas ever
Sanaa - Cool decor, nice views of the animals, lots of tasty south asian food
Artist Point - My favorite WDW restaurant, the decor reminds me of the great Western national park lodges, top notch wait staff, amazing Pacific Northwest inspired cuisine, you must try the charcuterie board
Kona Cafe - I love visiting the Polynesian, and this is a great lunch spot, good asian fusion options
Teppan Edo - Solid teppanyaki option, the chefs put on a decent show and the food is definitely tasty

MickeyfromSTL

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I have not eaten at every place on your list, but I have a few comments:

· I would change Kona Cafe to Breakfast. I have had their breakfast and dinner. I prefer the breakfast with the tonga toast or the big kahuna. The steak I had for dinner was good, but not great.

· Teppan Edo is good, but I notice you do not have Chefs de France, Via Napoli, or the Biergarten. Personally I would pick any of these three over Teppan.

· I notice you don’t have a dinner show. Look into Hoop-dee-doo Musical Revue. If you haven’t been there before on a prior trip, I highly recommend it.

· We were not real impressed with the Skipper Canteen. I’m sure we will give it another shot someday... but there are better meals out there.

· I agree with @littleroo ... Raglan Road is awesome. Food is above average but the atmosphere makes it great!

· Good call on Mama Melrose. I feel it is often overlooked. We like it because it is fairly fast and is something good to get at Studios. The spicy meat pizza is really good (sorry i can't remember the official name of the pizza).

· Not a must do, but we enjoy Nine Dragons at Epcot (assuming you like Chinese food). We look at it as a hybrid between a table service and a counter service because it is fast, relatively inexpensive compared to other table services, and you almost never need reservations.

Schneewittchen

· I notice you don’t have a dinner show. Look into Hoop-dee-doo Musical Revue. If you haven’t been there before on a prior trip, I highly recommend it.
I second the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It's so much fun and the food is pretty good for just barbecue ribs and fried chicken. My family has been twice and we're going again in April. My son (7 year old Mickey freak) told me to forget about Chef Mickey's and insisted on the Revue instead. It's that much fun.

Spectro

I know the food doesn't get great reviews but we loved spirit of aloha show. The salad and rice was nice, not sure after that the drinks were unlimited and server was over generous....

You have most of the restaurants I would pick out too there. My advice would be eat salad for lunch !
Thats a lot of great eating ahead of you :happy: I don't know if you are seafood or meat lovers but if you haven't tried them ohana dinner and cape may dinner buffet are good - ohana for the skewers and dessert and cape may for the crab legs. :hungry:

I would definitely go Ohana, during Wishes if you can but it's pretty great at any point. First night of our trip was going awful last year and Ohana dinner completely turned it around. Also, if you happen to be at Be Our Guest for dinner for any reason, kind of expensive but if you like Orange and/or Chocolate you must get the eclair a l'Orange. Delicious. Also San Angel in Mexico, great food, if you don't mind awful service.

s&k'smom

Boma is definitely a must. Love all your ideas. Our family always goes to Trail's End not the fanciest food but good comfort food and I just love the atmosphere. We also must do 50's Prime Time husband waits for the chocolate shake and onion rings all year LOL

Rinx

I've never had BOG breakfast but I've heard A LOT of very negative things about it, especially here.

Ariel1986

You can't go wrong with Cali Grill- try and time it for the fireworks! And we tried Homecoming & Frontera recently- both delicious. Especially Homecoming! Awesome food.

John C. Shepherd

21 days at first i was like that is crazy, then i thought about it and realized it is crazy good!!!! you really have time to see everything, i mean everything you can take your time and explore. enjoy yourself.

danyoung56

I've never had BOG breakfast but I've heard A LOT of very negative things about it, especially here.

You don't really go to a BOG breakfast for the food, which is hit or miss. You go to get to ride SDMT 2 or 3 times before the crowds descend from rope drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom