20K Sub at Epcot

DS456

Original Poster
I couldnt believe my own eyes when I saw the 20K ride vehicle sitting behind Germany although it was the one cut in half on display at MGM a few years back. Any CM's at Epcot know what the plans are for it?

Shaman

Thrawn said:
Maybe its going in the entryway with the other "artifacts" from the ocean.

Maybe...or maybe its been back there all this time and no one has noticed before....

If only we had more details about the TLS rehab....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thrawn said:
Maybe its going in the entryway with the other "artifacts" from the ocean.
well that will be neat........

when i was in the History of Flight museum in London... there is a plane that you can enter from the back and sit in one of the pilot seats and get a photo op. If they wanted to make the queue super cheesy, they could let you get in the sub (in restricted areas) and smile through one of the side ports for a photo op............ but like i said, cheesy queue cluster, i pray they dont

everestcrash

Epcot Special Event Prop

Hello,
They use that 20k sub for decorations for private parties at Epcot, I got to to clean it when the used it for a Disneyana convention at the millenuim village at Epcot one year. I dont think they are using it for the living Seas. Have a Zip-A-Dee-DOo-Day Day!
:cool:

yensidtlaw1969

Glasgow said:
Isn't there already a mini-20k sub in there?
The 11 foot model Nautilus that was used in the actual movie for filming several scenes was located there at one point, yes. It has since been relocated to One Man's Dream, I beleieve (I think there's only one 11 foot Nautilus movie sub out there), where it can still be viewed.

Yensid "Beauty-once-lived-in-this-house-,-and-beauty-lives-here-stil-.-.-." tlaw1969

Wbnemo1

"one mans dream" Nautilus sub or Original filming miniature

ok,
Now you hit a subject I'm an old pro on...lol
first, the Nautilus in the living seas is the 1 and only original 11 ft(133.4900") filming miniature from 1954
second, the Nautilus model over at One Mans Dream is a replica of the 11 ftr built by Tom Scherman and Rich Allsmiller for a serial called Discovery Bay Cronicles :)unlike the original miniature which is metal, i.e. brass, the replica at One Man's Dream Nautilus hull is made of sculpted green foam over a wooden armature coated with fiberglass resin with aluminum(industrial foil) metal shim stock embossed with all the rivet detail...surprise!!! all of the detail parts i.e. dorsal fin, rakers, hatches, propeller, and small details are resin cast from molds made from the original wooden masters. I got this straight from Rich himself...any questions ?
Best,
William

J Sulley

I'll try to get a "look" :sohappy: of the sub at backstage tommorrow. It was parked in front of the grass knoll as cast members came out of the cast building (Epcot side). It was there for two-three days next to the big "mini-Epcot", a steel structure that is a fixture there resembling the Illuminations center piece. Now they move the sub back toward Germany!

Either way, it was quite the site to walk out to the bus stop for work and see it sitting there!!!!

Wbnemo1

it sure was, i enjoyed seeing it again..last time I saw that sub, it was in shrink wrap off Woodpecker Lane...before that , it was at my old home:) at Inside the Magic Special Effects and Production Tour in the far end of our water tank presentation...
Best,
William

Wbnemo1

lets just say loose lips sink ships......lol sorry couldnt resist! We had alot of fun there...blocking was kinda important at the water tank show and we were always trying to throw off the mcee...errr unless i was mcee'ing, then it was my turn to watch the block lights, lol..I'm not even gonna get into the" Honey I Shrunk the Kids" honey bee show in the special effects workshop.....lol It got very windy and bright in there , alot ... lol

This was my first Attraction with the Disney Company, and , since it had not one, but two Nautilus models , I was in my own little slice of Heaven. This was the first home to the replica of the 11 ft Nautilus that Tom and Rich constructed. If you recall, It was at the top of the queue behind the podium...
Best,
William

CrashNet

J Sulley said:
I'll try to get a "look" :sohappy: of the sub at backstage tommorrow. It was parked in front of the grass knoll as cast members came out of the cast building (Epcot side). It was there for two-three days next to the big "mini-Epcot", a steel structure that is a fixture there resembling the Illuminations center piece. Now they move the sub back toward Germany!

Either way, it was quite the site to walk out to the bus stop for work and see it sitting there!!!!
J Sulley, the sub was removed a day later, along with other props used from 20K. They were only there for a day or so for the private party. If you notice, the entire cast building has sea theming right now. Where do you work by the way?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom