20k Meet-and-Greet May Be Permanent...

speck76

Richboy said:
The past decade, not since Splash Mountain, new rides at the Magic Kingdom always replaced old rides at the park (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride = The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Extra-Terrestrial Alien Encounter = Stitch's Great Escape, Legend of the Lion King = Mickey's Philhar Magic, etc.

Read this

tirian

I remember the D!ck Tracy show, as well as some street performance thing with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...what were they doing in a Disney park, anyway? Wow, that seems really long ago...at the same time, The Little Mermaid clips were running on tvs throughout the park.

As for the 20K area: I agree with Lynx04. If the character meet-and-greet is extremely well done, don't hold your breath (or tie yourself to a 100 Acre Wood tree) for a new attraction anytime soon. But if the area is just a quick space filler (what an odd concept for a Disney park!), we can look foward to a new attraction...at some point in the future, anyway. :rolleyes:

If there's one thing I've learned from message boards, it's to not state your opinion about new attractions too strongly. Someone will inevitably misread you, get ticked off, and write a nasty reply; so....as for what may replace 20K, I'm keeping my mouth SHUT! :zipit:

:lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
tirian said:
....as for what may replace 20K, I'm keeping my mouth SHUT! :zipit:

:lol:

I had a brain storm last night during the actual storm here in H-town. Why not replace 20K with a ride that takes you on a journey, say under the water, in a, say, submerine based on an old disney movie. I think that would be a great replacement for 20k. :lookaroun :lookaroun :sohappy:

poohbear6103

Even though I love Pooh, I think this would be a waste for such prime property. It makes sense because the Pooh ride is right there infront of it, but there are other places to see Pooh and friends. Maybe part can be a meet and greet and then the other part can house something else (considering how large the area is). I just hope whatever they do, they make up their minds and do it already. Everytime I go and see that wall, it's such a downer. But I agree with those that have said that nothing is permanant at Disney. :wave:

22 more days :sohappy:

longfamily

I recall it being mentioned that there is space behind 20k that is allocated for MK expansion as well. If this is the case, this may be the beginning of expansion that we see. It would make perfect sense that this is the reason for a meet & greet in the early stages of development. If more than one attraction were being placed, much could still be on the drawing board at this time and they may build all at once, similar to what they did with birthday party. Just an idea...

DarkMeasures

Even this rumor is true, you have to take in the fact on how huge of room there is now in Fantasy. Even if the meet and greet is permanent, it would have to be the size of Camp Minnie and mickey to leave no room. Otherwise, there is probably room for 2 E-tickets.

Epcot82Guy

Smart Planning

This is just a thought FULLY FROM ME WITH NO OFFICIALNESS (major disclaimer there! :) ) Since the 20k area is slated as a "garden" right now, what would the chances be of building the Hundred Acre Wood IN FRONT of the current Pooh attraction. Having a smaller area that bumps the walkway out around it (and then loops back in front of Tea Cups) would make Fantasyland feel HUGE, tie the character meet & greet in more to the attraction (helping both), and still free up that huge area in the back to build an attraction(s). I personally hate the meet & greets, but I see where their popularity comes from (although I still hear complaints about Ariel's Grotto that "I waited that long just to say hi to a mermaid?") That's why I think having the meet & greet and attraction near each other helps both out.

Build the 100 Acre Wood in front of Pooh, add "Mermaid Mountain" next to the Grotto as Ariel's dark ride, and build a HUGE E-Ticket coaster or show with a thrill factor (hopefully Villain themed or Beast) on the old show building site (so the train goes through it) and be done. (I'll stop dreaming now...)

tirian

Before they filled it in, I was hoping Disney would use part of the 20K area as a new Storybookland Canal Boat-type attraction; but instead of merely taking Guests on a preschooler's journey through storybookland, the area could basically be a lighting effects show, taking guests on an immersive journey into Disney magic. The ride would culminate with a journey into a dark cavern, where villains--and finally Monstro himself--would attack you.

TikiBears

I hope that Disney does something fantastic with the 20k site, but i really dont have a lot of faith in current management to show any wisdom or do the right thing.
The lagoon was a major E TICKET attraction. The money that Disney saved by having it closed for 10 years should pay for a huge replacement. Thats 10 years of not operating it, 10 years of not maintaining it and 10 years of not paying employee wages. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom