2023 could be the downfall Disney

BromBones

I think the issue is just assuming that people who go are "lemmings" unable to make a decision.
I intentionally left off the scenarios for that reason.
May I ask how you know that most people go to Disney because it's Disney and can't analyze whether it's worth the cost? Basically what you're saying is that they have no idea what other travel options there are or if it's in their budget. you're saying because you no longer find the value in it, all those people who do

Ok it's an interesting concept, let me just say, my family and friends who go to Disney annually are decent travelers. We know about tons of other options, we know how to budget save, etcetc. When we go to wdw it's because it has consistently delivered excellent vacations.

It's wonderful that you can budget, but the fact is you still find a way to get to Disney. You still find a way to adjust your budget so you can afford your trips to Disney no matter how much they raise the prices and there are others who do the same thing.
But some of them actually go into debt on their credit cards to fulfill that need to go every year.
No matter how much Disney raises the prices those people continue to go as if they need Disney to survive.
It's like the electric company raising the rates every year....and you have to pay for electricity to survive. That is how many approach Disney.

On the other hand, Instead of trying to hard to find a way to budget Disney perhaps if more people spoke with their wallets and stopped going then Disney would get the hint and lower prices to a more affordable rate. But Disney knows that people will always "find a way" to pay for the trip and they prey on those people by further increasing food and merch prices....which the people continue to buy...faithful lemmings that they are.

BromBones

I love it when people are trying to make a point so they have to say something outlandish like a poop sandwich. I think you misunderstand what it means to call someone a lemming. I'm not going to WDW because I'm blindly following someone else, I go because I choose to. I could choose to go to Universal, but I don't care for it. I could choose to go to Six Flags, but I prefer some actual theming to my theme park. I choose to go to WDW and DLR because I enjoy going there. I've been going to the parks for decades and I love them more now then I did in the past. Honestly the only thing I don't like about Disney raising prices is that it hasn't lowered attendance.

Exactly....Your last sentence sums up my entire point.
"the only thing I don't like about Disney raising prices is that it hasn't lowered attendance."
Because the lemmings will continue to follow the rest of the crowd and go to Disney no matter how expensive it gets.

eliza61nyc

[/QUOTE]
It's wonderful that you can budget, but the fact is you still find a way to get to Disney. You still find a way to adjust your budget so you can afford your trips to Disney no matter how much they raise the prices and there are others who do the same thing.
But some of them actually go into debt on their credit cards to fulfill that need to go every year.
No matter how much Disney raises the prices those people continue to go as if they need Disney to survive.
It's like the electric company raising the rates every year....and you have to pay for electricity to survive. That is how many approach Disney.

On the other hand, Instead of trying to hard to find a way to budget Disney perhaps if more people spoke with their wallets and stopped going then Disney would get the hint and lower prices to a more affordable rate. But Disney knows that people will always "find a way" to pay for the trip and they prey on those people by further increasing food and merch prices....which the people continue to buy...faithful lemmings that they are.
Exactly....Your last sentence sums up my entire point.
"the only thing I don't like about Disney raising prices is that it hasn't lowered attendance."
Because the lemmings will continue to follow the rest of the crowd and go to Disney no matter how expensive it gets.

Because they oh I don't know, they actually like the place and CHOOSE to spend their money there.
Man I gotta give it to Bob and Bob, evidently it's now a product that no one can resist and when they go they don't really have a good time but they're not smart enough to figure it out.
I got nothing.

Last edited:

BromBones

Because they oh I don't know, they actually like the place and CHOOSE to spend their money there.
[/QUOTE]

They like it so much that they will spend hours online defending a business that keeps raising ticket prices every year and giving them less product for their money. A business that really doesn't care about them one iota it only cares about how much money it can bleed from them with additional costs. (parking at hotels, $3.00 bottle of soda, $4.00 bottles of water, turning fan favorite viewing areas into "paid viewing areas" or "paid dessert parties", etc.

eliza61nyc

They like it so much that they will spend hours online defending a business that keeps raising ticket prices every year and giving them less product for their money. A business that really doesn't care about them one iota it only cares about how much money it can bleed from them with additional costs. (parking at hotels, $3.00 bottle of soda, $4.00 bottles of water, turning fan favorite viewing areas into "paid viewing areas" or "paid dessert parties", etc.
[/QUOTE]
Lol, actually I'm just trying to follow this brainwashed lemming thing.
1mej6v.jpg

Wait, I'm the person who gets flamed for saying it is a business and should certainly conduct itself as one. I've never been one who felt Disney has to make anything affordable to anyone.
Yes I will defend a company that raises it's prices because I love capitalism especially on non essential items. If someone doesn't like the prices simply don't go. I believe a company should charge the max it can for it's product.
Now as far as a defense for why we give them thousand of dollars? It's very easy to explain. We have fabulous vacations every time. Over 20 years and not one vacation where we felt it was not worth what we paid. Some have been better than others but consistently great vacations. We are looking forward to GOTG, star wars land, Ratatouille and all the other new things.

Now as far as hours spent... Unfortunately/fortunately I had my knee replaced Monday.IMG_20200228_145900_01.jpg. I'm stuck in a recliner bored to tears. Getting old is hard work.

I apologise Brom , I'm just not believing that millions of folks go to wdw because they don't know "better"

Last edited:

Tom P.

Can you identify for me the major for-profit business that actually cares about its customers and isn't just trying to maximize profit?

BromBones

Lol, actually I'm just trying to follow this brainwashed lemming thing.
View attachment 452738

Wait, I'm the person who gets flamed for saying it is a business and should certainly conduct itself as one. I've never been one who felt Disney has to make anything affordable to anyone.
Yes I will defend a company that raises it's prices because I love capitalism especially on non essential items. If someone doesn't like the prices simply don't go. I believe a company should charge the max it can for it's product.
Now as far as a defense for why we give them thousand of dollars? It's very easy to explain. We have fabulous vacations every time. Over 20 years and not one vacation where we felt it was not worth what we paid. Some have been better than others but consistently great vacations. We are looking forward to GOTG, star wars land, Ratatouille and all the other new things.

Now as far as hours spent... Unfortunately/fortunately I had my knee replaced Monday.View attachment 452743. I'm stuck in a recliner bored to tears. Getting old is hard work.

I apologise Brom , I'm just not believing that millions of folks go to wdw because they don't know "better"
[/QUOTE]

I never said they don't know better I said they are lemmings. They follow the Disney no matter what it does or how much it charges and they are willing to go into debt to do it. Meanwhile Disney is giving us less for our money.

Sorry to hear about your knees.

BromBones

Can you identify for me the major for-profit business that actually cares about its customers and isn't just trying to maximize profit?

Mine. If I happen to make a lot of money that's a great thing, but I care very much for my clients and do a lot of extra work for them beyond what they pay simply because I want results and I want them to achieve success.

Tom P.

Mine. If I happen to make a lot of money that's a great thing, but I care very much for my clients and do a lot of extra work for them beyond what they pay simply because I want results and I want them to achieve success.
Can I ask if you own this business or are an employee?

Walt Disney1955

2010 was supposed to be the drop for Disney. Universal was supposed to overtake it with Harry Potter land. They didn't. Look, competition is healthy, it keeps both places on their toes. Maybe some good packages and deals will come through because of this, who knows. But either way this is not a bad thing.

Tom P.

I own my business
That makes the situation a little bit different than the "major, for-profit business" that I was referring to. I'm not suggesting that your business is not successful. But you have an individually owned business. I am talking about large, publicly traded companies like Disney and other major corporations. The kind that we all interact with on a daily basis.

I'm not saying that there aren't good people in the Disneys and Walmarts and Amazons and Fords of the world. There certainly are. But as a company, none of those are being run because they care about their customers. They are being run to maximize potential profit. If Ford could raise the prices on all of its vehicles by 15% tomorrow and have its customers all still show up to buy them, they would. Same with Amazon and the myriad of products it offers. Disney is no different.

The difference with Disney is that it is a company and a product that us fans have an emotional connection to and feel like it's something special. So we get more upset when Disney does it. But the truth is that the kind of business practices that Disney is following are no different from those of any other major company that we keep dealing with every day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom