2022 ticket price “increase”

seascape

The inflation rate is climbing the dollar is worth less and less. Disney raises prices 5 % so you are paying a lot more than 5%
No, if inflation is 5% and Disney raises it's prices 5% and your pay goes up 5% you are paying the same amount of your income. However, if your pay goes up less than 5% you lose shopping power and are poorer. That is why inflation is the cruelest tax the government can cause. Inflation is horrible to the average person while its beneficial to the rich who own hard assets and stocks. Poor and retired individuals who have more of their assets in banks and bonds are losers especially those who invest in US Savings Bonds, one of the worst investment one can make. The government wants inflation so they get more money in taxes and pay back worthless money to those foolish enough to loan them money.

John park hopper

No, if inflation is 5% and Disney raises it's prices 5% and your pay goes up 5% you are paying the same amount of your income. However, if your pay goes up less than 5% you lose shopping power and are poorer. That is why inflation is the cruelest tax the government can cause. Inflation is horrible to the average person while its beneficial to the rich who own hard assets and stocks. Poor and retired individuals who have more of their assets in banks and bonds are losers especially those who invest in US Savings Bonds, one of the worst investment one can make. The government wants inflation so they get more money in taxes and pay back worthless money to those foolish enough to loan them money.
I'm no economist do wages really go up during inflation?
"Empirical data show that real wages fall sharply during periods of high inflation. ... In this setting, inflation reduces real wages through (1) a decline of the capital stock, and (2) a shift in relative prices. The two effects are additive and make the decline in real wages exceed the decline in per-capita GDP."

Disstevefan1

However you want to spin it, prices at WDW for everything goes up faster than folks income generally speaking, as there are individual exceptions.

Prices for everything at WDW will skyrocket in the coming weeks, months, years and Disney can blame inflation even when the price increases will be far greater than the inflation rate.

Many of the folks going to Disney now, had, have, and will have the disposable income to do it.

I do feel for the families who saved for multiple years for their magical trip to WDW and go now. Not very magical and they will probably feel a little ripped off.

Disney always wins.

TikibirdLand

However you want to spin it, prices at WDW for everything goes up faster than folks income generally speaking, as there are individual exceptions.

Prices for everything at WDW will skyrocket in the coming weeks, months, years and Disney can blame inflation even when the price increases will be far greater than the inflation rate.

Many of the folks going to Disney now, had, have, and will have the disposable income to do it.

I do feel for the families who saved for multiple years for their magical trip to WDW and go now. Not very magical and they will probably feel a little ripped off.

Disney always wins.
Exactly why we're holding off going. Too bad too. Missed going for my oldest's HS grad celebration due to COVID. We going to miss my daughter's celebration due to Disney's heavy cutting of live entertainment (not to mention Ohana's cuts -- her must-do Disney). I only hope that 2022 brings back live entertainment and the WDWRR so that we can celebrate our youngest's graduation.

seascape

Disney always wins.
Yes, wages do lag inflation and that is why I said inflation is the cruelest tax the government gives us. However, since the post I was responding to said Disney compared Disney raising prices 5% at the same time inflation was 5%. That means Disney equaled the actual inflation and so they weren't any more expensive than anything else.

In any case the public should be outraged that the Fed and the Federal Government want inflation over 2% especially when the they are keeping interest rates close to 0. This means anyone who has money in savings accounts is losing real value while the government pays you less.

Disstevefan1

Yes, wages do lag inflation and that is why I said inflation is the cruelest tax the government gives us. However, since the post I was responding to said Disney compared Disney raising prices 5% at the same time inflation was 5%. That means Disney equaled the actual inflation and so they weren't any more expensive than anything else.

In any case the public should be outraged that the Fed and the Federal Government want inflation over 2% especially when the they are keeping interest rates close to 0. This means anyone who has money in savings accounts is losing real value while the government pays you less.
Inflation, blame China COVID.

Savings accounts… How quaint. The money is better invested in stock, like Disney 😀

TWDC is invincible.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
A lot of the recent wage increases might stick, but the rich will use inflation to take that money back.

How do the rich your money back? Inflation is being caused by the current administration
I suggest we just let this thread die lest someone say something that attracts moderation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom