2022 Disney World planning video?

mp2bill

I know they stopped putting out DVDs, so I figured I’d be able to find them online somewhere, but the closest thing I’ve been able find is the 2019 planning video on a YouTube channel I don’t think is even associated with Disney.

Anyway….is there some place I can find the latest planning video?

Disstevefan1

I think the closest thing that's available now is a "video library" of short planning videos on specific topics, offered on the WDW website:

This sure looks to be the 2022 equivalent to the planning DVDs

To the OP, while this is fun and entertaining to watch, it's all "Disney Speak" and is not really good for planning.
Also, see right at the top, "Some images and videos shown, along with questions and answers included throughout this website do not represent current operational guidelines..."

So some of what you see was was obsolete the moment it was uploaded.

In my opinion the best way to prepare is to study these forums, read the trip reports, many give honest tips and tricks.
Also there are hundreds and hundreds of videos on YouTube with honest, current information to help you plan.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

Original Poster
This sure looks to be the 2022 equivalent to the planning DVDs

To the OP, while this is fun and entertaining to watch, it's all "Disney Speak" and is not really good for planning.
Also, see right at the top, "Some images and videos shown, along with questions and answers included throughout this website do not represent current operational guidelines..."

So some of what you see was was obsolete the moment it was uploaded.

In my opinion the best way to prepare is to study these forums, read the trip reports, many give honest tips and tricks.
Also there are hundreds and hundreds of videos on YouTube with honest, current information to help you plan.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I watched the first couple of videos and quickly realized it's not what I was looking for. I'm more interested in getting my kids hyped up for the trip (as it's their first time) than in actually using it for planning.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

Original Poster
cheaper to cut them down...
But really? How many of us need to watch a planning video? The only people that need to are first timers!
It's my kids' first time, so I was hoping to use the video to get them jacked up. I wasn't going to use it for any actual planning. I know they're more marketing than actual help in planning.

I just used the 2019 video (which was the last one I could find) to that end.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I disagree! I enjoyed watching all of the planning videos and miss them very much!
I have all my old Dis planning videos in my cabinet and before a trip or just for fun sometimes pull them out and revisit them. With the internet and so many planning sites now available they aren’t going to help a newbie but they have value as a nostalgic visit back. I’ll never get rid of them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom