2022 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz
  • November 3 – 6, 2022

2023 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
  • January 4 – 8, 2023

2023 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by CORKCICLE
  • February 23 – 26, 2023

2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend
  • April 13 – 16, 2023

We are equally excited to share the return of the runDisney virtual events for those who are not able to travel to Walt Disney World Resort

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh, any word on the return of the Castaway Cay Challenge? Should be the 4 nighter on the Wish sailing on January 9, 2023.

Want to book while rooms are available and prices are low (for DCL).

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Oh, any word on the return of the Castaway Cay Challenge? Should be the 4 nighter on the Wish sailing on January 9, 2023.

Want to book while rooms are available and prices are low (for DCL).
Not a clue. My job is literally getting us through the most upcoming race LOL

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You mentioned you get to take one race weekend a year off. Have you decided which one yet you'd like to run?
Actually, during my training a few weeks ago, I do NOT get one weekend off a year. If I want to run ONE race, I can but otherwise they want us available for the entire weekend.

That being said, I'm going to be going through some personal-things this year (nothing bad!) so I'm stepping back from running in general. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE Dopey 2024 if I get my ambition to run again. MAYBE. Hopefully Castaway Cay challenge will be back by then and this damn pandemic is behind us.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Actually, during my training a few weeks ago, I do NOT get one weekend off a year. If I want to run ONE race, I can but otherwise they want us available for the entire weekend.

That being said, I'm going to be going through some personal-things this year (nothing bad!) so I'm stepping back from running in general. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE Dopey 2024 if I get my ambition to run again. MAYBE. Hopefully Castaway Cay challenge will be back by then and this damn pandemic is behind us.

Whenever the Castaway Challenge returns, I'll be doing a race during Marathon weekend and the appropriate cruise that year. 'Cause frankly I'd rather be on a DCL cruise than the parks right now.

surfsupdon

Faron is such a great guy. He truly has passion for what he does and Disney as a whole. Has lots of great stories too!
Agreed. Farron was on the marathon course and he cheered for me and other runners! I stopped and thanked him for getting runDisney back to in person so effectively, and to never, ever close Typhoon for as long as it was closed. It was a great moment!

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
All of your registration dates here:

FMOz28JX0AASHww.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
@DznyGrlSD,

Any word if the rumored March date for Club registrations opening is accurate? If so, March and April will be expensive months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom