2021 Trip Question

Storm

Good morning to all of you , hope everyone is safe and well !

Now onto the question , I went for the first time to WDW travelling from Europe last year by myself , took a AoA Little Mermaid room despite my age (lol) , was a wonderful experience of course !

My issue is for next year , I'm booking for the 22nd of April until the 8th of May , which seem to limit the availability of hotels due to the number of nights.

I'd like to have the opinion of people on this :

Considering it's the same price , should I go back to Art of Animation in a mermaid room again or should I take a Pop Century pool view room (its the only option available at Pop , next one is preferred and is a big increase in cost)

I have heard a lot of bad things about pool view rooms at Pop due to the noise it has , so I'd like to have opinions regarding this "issue"

Thank you , have a wonderful day and stay safe !

PS : The price difference between AoA and Pop is about $16 so its not a problem at all , I just wanted to change scenery a bit and stay in a different value hotel to experience it , but if its for it to be hell due to the noise i'd rather not.

nickys

Premium Member
Where are you looking to book this? I ask because it differs in various countries as to when packages and rooms can be book. This could also be impacting your choice.

For example, packages for 2021 have not yet been released on the US site - they are typically released in May / June, although you can phone and book a room-only stay. Packages are available on the U.K. & European sites, but they usually include only certain resorts and room-type combinations.

Upvote 0

Storm

Original Poster
Where are you looking to book this? I ask because it differs in various countries as to when packages and rooms can be book. This could also be impacting your choice.

For example, packages for 2021 have not yet been released on the US site - they are typically released in May / June, although you can phone and book a room-only stay. Packages are available on the U.K. & European sites, but they usually include only certain resorts and room-type combinations.

Hiya ! Thank you for responding

I'm booking via Walt Disney UK but all the promotions for packages are delayed due to the virus situation until further notice so I'm not expecting much from it unfortunately...

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Hiya ! Thank you for responding

I'm booking via Walt Disney UK but all the promotions for packages are delayed due to the virus situation until further notice so I'm not expecting much from it unfortunately...

I would still hold off a bit, to be honest. Maybe a month or two. I realise everyone who booked to go this Easter or Summer will be looking to rebook, but I don’t think there will be a mad rush right now. And your dates aren’t over the main holiday times either for the UK or Europe. You’ll probably see offers become available once things become a bit clearer.

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer regarding advice on POP vs AoA. But regarding noise, that could have been due to cheer or dance practice, or noisy neighbours. And that could happen at any of the value resorts anyway. So if you want to try a new resort I say go for it.

Upvote 0

Storm

Original Poster
I would still hold off a bit, to be honest. Maybe a month or two. I realise everyone who booked to go this Easter or Summer will be looking to rebook, but I don’t think there will be a mad rush right now. And your dates aren’t over the main holiday times either for the UK or Europe. You’ll probably see offers become available once things become a bit clearer.

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer regarding advice on POP vs AoA. But regarding noise, that could have been due to cheer or dance practice, or noisy neighbours. And that could happen at any of the value resorts anyway. So if you want to try a new resort I say go for it.

Alright I get you , thanks for your opinion : ) Hopefully someone who actually stayed in both hotels can give me their opinion on it as it would be very helpful , I do appreciate your response though thanks again , have a great day !

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Hi there. I have stayed at both of would personally prefer AoA for the same reason you mentioned. In my personal experience (other people have different views) pool view rooms are noisy and that's a big no no for me. It was great for the kids that I was traveling with by the adults weren't so happy! I'm also a sucker for the Little Mermaid and prefer the dining area at AoA. Pop is, however, on the Skyliner line now so that may be something to consider. For me, the extra $16 would be worth my peace of mind/a good night's sleep after hours in the park. Good luck and have fun planning!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Hi there. I have stayed at both of would personally prefer AoA for the same reason you mentioned. In my personal experience (other people have different views) pool view rooms are noisy and that's a big no no for me. It was great for the kids that I was traveling with by the adults weren't so happy! I'm also a sucker for the Little Mermaid and prefer the dining area at AoA. Pop is, however, on the Skyliner line now so that may be something to consider. For me, the extra $16 would be worth my peace of mind/a good night's sleep after hours in the park. Good luck and have fun planning!

Just to point out both POP and AoA have the Skyliner.

Upvote 0

Storm

Original Poster
Amazing thank you so much for your opinion , that's was what I was thinking as well for the noise , still open for more opinions if people have stayed at both hotels or even one of them (especially if you've stayed at pop pool view rooms)

Just to point out both POP and AoA have the Skyliner.

Thank you that's what I was thinking , isnt the Skyliner located in between resorts near the bridge ?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Amazing thank you so much for your opinion , that's was what I was thinking as well for the noise , still open for more opinions if people have stayed at both hotels or even one of them (especially if you've stayed at pop pool view rooms)

Thank you that's what I was thinking , isnt the Skyliner located in between resorts near the bridge ?

Yes it is.

Upvote 0

RScottyL

As far as the Skyliner, yes, it would service the hotels you are interested in, but it only goes to two of the parks: Epcot and Hollywood Studios!

As far as the trip, sometime THIS month is usually when Disney will release rates for the next year and allow you to start booking!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom