2021 SW race using same theme as 2020?

durangojim

Original Poster
Since this year was supposed to be the 5th anniversary and they had all the designs ready to go, does anyone think they’ll just use the same merch and medals and just change the date for next year while still celebrating the 5th anniversary? I’m hoping that’s what they do.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Since this year was supposed to be the 5th anniversary and they had all the designs ready to go, does anyone think they’ll just use the same merch and medals and just change the date for next year while still celebrating the 5th anniversary? I’m hoping that’s what they do.

I’d be good with that, I really liked the ones they had proposed, but all of the medals except for the challenge medals have 2020 incorporated in the design and I imagine a whole bunch of the merch does too. I don’t know if the t-shirts had dates on them (I don’t thing last year’s did), but if any major sponsors changed, they’d have to redo those too. I doubt there’s a good way to fix that, so it will be interesting if they choose to reorder the same designs with a different date or come up with new designs!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I’d be good with that, I really liked the ones they had proposed, but all of the medals except for the challenge medals have 2020 incorporated in the design and I imagine a whole bunch of the merch does too. I don’t know if the t-shirts had dates on them (I don’t thing last year’s did), but if any major sponsors changed, they’d have to redo those too. I doubt there’s a good way to fix that, so it will be interesting if they choose to reorder the same designs with a different date or come up with new designs!

The shirts have the race year on them.

Gucci65

On a different note, what did they do with all that merch? Burn it? Donate it to the poor? What a waste! I'm would have gladly paid the shipping to have my shirts and magicband lol!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
On a different note, what did they do with all that merch? Burn it? Donate it to the poor? What a waste! I'm would have gladly paid the shipping to have my shirts and magicband lol!!

As would I... especially the Magicband.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I think I’ve seen bloggers report seeing leftover merch in the official outlet stores before, but obviously this isn’t exactly leftovers. Fingers crossed that they flood the outlets with all of it, but my gut feeling is that I doubt we’ll ever see any of it beyond the virtual medal.

I don’t think the challenge medals had dates on them (whereas the individual races had 2020 on them), maybe they could reuse them and any corresponding shirts that don’t have the year on them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom