2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

The Level 3 violations are the following:
  • counterfeiting or modifying next gen single source vendor/supplied part and/or assemblies
  • Engine infractions (e.g. cubic inch displacement, compression ratio, long block assembly, and or/internal parts) not meeting the rules.
  • Engine performance enhancements (e.g. nitrous oxide, vacuum leaks, etc.) .
  • ECU/EFI parts not being used as rules permit.
  • Altering/modifying tires and/or fuel.
  • Violating the vehicle test policy.
The Level 3 violation penalty options are the following:
  • anywhere from 120 to 180 points.
  • anywhere from 25 to 50 playoff points
  • Playoff eligible driver/or team owner not eligible for playoffs.
  • Team roster member suspension is 6 races.
  • Team event position rosters position penalty is 1 or 2 positions.
  • Vehicle gets suspended
  • The fine is anywhere from $250,000 to $500,000.

wdwfan4ver

Kaulig Racing announced what races each driver of the 16 car will be doing.

Here are Aj Allemendinger cup races in the 16 car:
  • the clash - Feb 6
  • 1st Phoenix race - March 13
  • Circuit of the Americas - March 27
  • 1st Richmond - April
  • 1st Martinsville - April 9
  • Dover race - May 1
  • Texas All-star race - May 22
  • WWT Raceway - June 5
  • Sonoma June 12
  • Nashville - June 26
  • Road America - July 3
  • New Hamspire - July 17
  • Indy Road Course - July 31
  • Watkins Glen - August 21st
  • Bristol - September 17th
  • Charlotte Roval - 9th
Here is Noah Gregson's cup races in the 16 car:
  • 1st Atlanta - March 20
  • Bristol Dirt - April 17
  • Kansas - May 15
  • Coca Cola 600 - May 29
  • 2nd Atlanta -July 10
  • Pocono July 24
  • Michigan - Aug 7
  • 2nd Richmond - Aug 14
  • 2nd Kansas - September 11
  • Texas - September 25
  • 2nd Las Vegas - October 16
  • Homestead - Miami - October 23
  • 2nd Martinsville - October 30
Here are Daniel Hemric's cup races in the 16 car:
  • Duels - February 17
  • Daytona 500 - February 20
  • Auto Club - February 27
  • 1st Las Vegas - March 6
  • 1st Talladega - April 24
  • 1st Darlington - May 8
  • 2nd Daytona - August 27
  • Southern 500 - September 4
  • 2nd Talladega - October 2nd

wdwfan4ver

Fox announced their full Broadcaster lineup for 2022 NASCAR season. I'm starting with the cups.

Mike Joy is returning return as play by play announcer. Clint Bowyer is back as analyst and Tony Stewart is brand new this year. Larry Mcreynolds partners with with Joy, Bowyer, and Stewart, but Larry will be in Fox Sports Studios in Charlotte. The Pit reporters are Jammie little, Vince Welch, and Regan Smith. Tom Rinaldi will contribute to Fox NASCAR coverage.

Shannon Spake hosts NASCAR Raceday pre-race studio coverage with Larry Mcreynolds and Jamie Mcmurray. Chris Myers anchors pre-race coverage. Tom Rinaldi will contribute to Fox NASCAR coverage.

Xfinity Series
Fox will continue its tradition of using Cup drivers to the booth for all the Fox Xfinity series races NASCAR races, but didn't say outside of Denny Hamlin for Daytona. The others for Daytona are Adam Alexander and Chad Knus in the booth. Regan Smith and Vince Welch will be handling the pit reporting duties. Shannon Spake handles host NASCAR Race day Xfinity from Charlotte and analysis from Larry Mcreynolds and Jamie Mcmurray.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Vince Welch will be calling the action. The others in the booth are Michael Waltrip, Kurt Busch and Phil Parsons. The pit reports will be Josh Sims and Jamie Howe. Kaitlyn Vincie hosts NASCAR Raceday NASCAR Camping World Truck Series along side of Trevor Bayne and Todd Bodine.

NASCAR Race Hub
Adam Alexander, Shannon Spake, and Kaitlyn Vincie with co-host. Analysis will be from Larry Mcreynolds, Clint Bowyer, Jamie Mcurray, Regan Smith, Tevor Bayne, Bobby Labonte, David Ragan, and Todd Bodine. Driver and crew chiefs as rotating analysts includes Joey Logano, Brad Keslowski, Daniel Suarez, Ryan Blaney, Drew Blickensder, Chad Knaus, and Andy Petree. The reporters Josh Sims, Jamie Little, and Vince Welch will contribute.

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced their racing schedule.

Here it is:
June 18th - Five Flags Speedway - Pensacola, Florida
June 25th - South Boston Speedway - South Boston Virgina
July 2nd - Safford Motor Speedway - Stafford Springs, CT
July 9 - Nashville Fairgrounds - Nashville, Tennessee
July 16 - I-55 Raceway - Pevely, MO
July 23 - Sharon Speedway - Hartland, OH

wdwfan4ver

It is official for the first time since 1997 that the Daytona 500 car will not be kept on display at Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum adjacent to Daytona International speedway due to next gen car having supply chain issues for parts and pieces.

The Daytona 500 winning car would only be kept for the speedway overnight after the victory and the celebratory breakfast the following morning. The team will be allowed to take the Daytona 500 winning race car back to the shop after that.

NASCAR also will scan the winning car and make identical wrap of the paint scheme in confetti and all. The wrap will be placed on the body of a Next Gen prototype and the Next Gen Prototype will be placed in display as a substitute.

The tradition of Daytona 500 winning car staying in Daytona for entire year will resume in 2023.

wdwfan4ver

Isn’t Kyle Busch too sensitive as it is? I mean, that guy bristles at pretty much everything.
Not according to NASCAR. All I am going to say about it Client Bowyer said the word Kyle Busch said, but Clint said it back in 2012. Clint was not punished for it by NASCAR or Sponsors at the time. NASCAR has changed its stance.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is official for the first time since 1997 that the Daytona 500 car will not be kept on display at Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum adjacent to Daytona International speedway due to next gen car having supply chain issues for parts and pieces.

The Daytona 500 winning car would only be kept for the speedway overnight after the victory and the celebratory breakfast the following morning. The team will be allowed to take the Daytona 500 winning race car back to the shop after that.

NASCAR also will scan the winning car and make identical wrap of the paint scheme in confetti and all. The wrap will be placed on the body of a Next Gen prototype and the Next Gen Prototype will be placed in display as a substitute.

The tradition of Daytona 500 winning car staying in Daytona for entire year will resume in 2023.
That's discouraging, but understandable I guess due to supply chain issues. Years ago, I recall seeing the winning car from the Daytona 500 in that museum. It was quite a sight to see with all the dents, etc., from a rough race. What I also liked seeing were all the signatures on the car (they used a black Sharpie, or something similar) after the race. :)

Timmay

Not according to NASCAR. All I am going to say about it Client Bowyer said the word Kyle Busch said, but Clint said it back in 2012. Clint was not punished for it by NASCAR or Sponsors at the time. NASCAR has changed its stance.
That was kinda supposed to be a joke.

Lilofan

Expected 100K in attendance at the upcoming Daytona 500 , many hotels full occupancy . It will be a challenge for all tourism operations to keep up with the demand with staffing and supply chain issues.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Congratulations to Austin Cindric (Ford #2) and all in Team Penske -- winner of the 2022 Daytona 500!

1645446781524.png

wdwfan4ver

I did find out some of the drivers that will be racing full time for Superstar Racing Experience. The names known full time are Marco Andretti, Paul Tracy, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Greg Biffle, Bobby Labonte, Michael Waltrip and Ryan Newman.

At this time, there are drivers that are known to race part time for Super Racing Experience. Here they are:
  • Ernie Francis Jr - Five Flags and South Boston
  • Helio Castroneves - South Boston, Stafford, Nashville
  • Josef Newgarden - Nashville
  • Tony Kanaan - All but Stafford
  • Spring Sizzler winner will race Stafford
That is all the drivers I know at this time, and I'm assuming there is more in the future before the season starts in June.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I'm giving out information about some of the drivers known for racing in Superstar Racing Experience. I am not doing the NASCAR drivers since I think all of them are well known such as Ryan Newman, and Greg Biffle.

Ryan Hunter-Reay is best known for CART/Indycar despite he has raced in sport car racing series and won the 2020 12 hours of Sebring. 12 hours of Sebring is one of the majors in Sports car racing.

Ryan Hunter-Reay is a 18 time winner in CART and Indycar along with being the 2012 Indycar Champion. Ryan Hunter Reay also is the 2014 Indy 500 winner. In his prime, he was a good Oval and road course driver in Indycar. Ryan won 16 of his 18 CART/Indycar races from 2003 to 2015. His final 2 wins in Indycar happened in 2018.

Josef Newgarden is a driver that I very familiar with. Josef is only racing once for Superstar Racing Experience for a reason. He turned 31 years old in December and is his prime in Indycar. Roger Penske allowed him to race at the Nashville Fairgounds for Superstar Racing Racing Experience. Newgarden is a 2 time Indycar champion, and a 20 time winner in Indycar despite no Indy 500 win yet in his Resume. His championships in Indycar happened in 2017 and 2019. Newgarden has 8 oval wins and 12 road course/street course wins.

Josef Newgarden actually was born in Nashville and lives in Hendersonville, Tennessee. He decided to race for Superstar Racing Experience at Nashville fairgrounds since Tennessee is his home state.

Marco Andretti was a surprise last year for Superstar Racing Experience. He is nowhere close to his dad and grandfather in talent, but yet won at Slinger Speedway last year in Superstar Racing Experience.

wdwfan4ver

Matt Kenseth was announced as a driver for 3 of the Superstar Racing Experience races. The races he would be racing at is Nashville Fairground, I55 Raceway, and Sharon Speedway.

Tony Stewart will be racing in all 6 races. Hailie Deegan will racing at Stafford and I-55 for Superstar Racing Experience.

wdwfan4ver

Superstar Racing Experience announced Ryan Blaney and Dave Blaney will be racing for them at Sharon Speedway.

I know people will question why Dave Blaney is racing for Super Racing Experience. While Dave only won once in NASCAR's top 3 series combined, Dave originally made his name in sprint Cars and World of Outlaws and he was called the "Buckeye Bullet". Dave was the 1984 Sprint Car Champion and the 1995 World of Outlaws Champion and is a legend in 2 series. Dave last year made history in World of Outlaws by being the oldest driver ever to win a race at the age of 58 years old.

Dave also is the owner of Sharon Speedway.

wdwfan4ver

That's discouraging, but understandable I guess due to supply chain issues. Years ago, I recall seeing the winning car from the Daytona 500 in that museum. It was quite a sight to see with all the dents, etc., from a rough race. What I also liked seeing were all the signatures on the car (they used a black Sharpie, or something similar) after the race. :)
There has been a change since then. Austin Cindric's Daytona 500 winning car yesterday was placed inside the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR and Hendrick Motorsports announced yesterday their intention to compete in the 2023 24 hours of Le Mans as a special 56 Garage entry. The entry will be a modified version of of the Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 race car. It is a collaboration of NASCAR, Hendrick Motorsports, Chevrolet, IMSA, and Goodyear.

More details be be announced at a later date such as driver line up and technical elements of the car.

Le Mans is one of the biggest sports car races of the year and the world's oldest active endurance racing event. The event got its start in 1923 near the town Le Mans, France. It is one of the legs of Triple Crown of Motorsport. The other 2 legs of the Motorsports triple crown are Indianapolis 500 and Monaco Grand Prix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom