wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

2021 EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival begins in July​

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_38283.jpg

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Of course, we already knew it would return in the heat of summer.

I do wonder, though—I thought these temporary booths had to be removed every year. Was the law changed? Some buildings will be up a full calendar year in July. Maybe if they move them 6 inches, they’re good?

This is currently planned as a full F&W with concerts, though they may be weekends-only.

disneygeek90

I think some people are just getting burnt out on them. The novelty of the kiosks is wearing thin when they are largely a permanent fixture.
On the contrary, I do enjoy the ability to have a few snacks throughout the day rather than a full QS or TS option. Especially with the QS and mobile ordering options fairly limited in Epcot. I get festival burnout, but to me it feels more like standard operations than an event.

People have always grossly romanticized Food & Wine to the point that crowds a few years ago were outrageous.

Q_Division

I think some people are just getting burnt out on them. The novelty of the kiosks is wearing thin when they are largely a permanent fixture.

I think that is probably true, along with the ever increasing number making it look "cluttered".

I was fortuante enough to be there for the first one and I think it was 10 (maybe not even that) kiosks for a small number of weeks and it felt like a nice "plus" type event. Now we go from one event to the next, different "themes" but largely all very similar in terms of execution.

ToTBellHop

I personally support them during the reconstruction since much of the park is closed off so it makes sense to push people to World Showcase. Surely once they are done rebuilding the front of the park, the actual attractions will be compelling enough to not need a year-round festival. Granted, food from around the world in stalls is consistent with a permanent World’s Fair.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe I'm in the minority on these boards, but I love the festivals.

All day...everyday?

how often are you there? Out of curiously

On the contrary, I do enjoy the ability to have a few snacks throughout the day rather than a full QS or TS option. Especially with the QS and mobile ordering options fairly limited in Epcot. I get festival burnout, but to me it feels more like standard operations than an event.

People have always grossly romanticized Food & Wine to the point that crowds a few years ago were outrageous.

Yep

I personally support them during the reconstruction since much of the park is closed off so it makes sense to push people to World Showcase. Surely once they are done rebuilding the front of the park, the actual attractions will be compelling enough to not need a year-round festival. Granted, food from around the world in stalls is consistent with a permanent World’s Fair.

what “reconstruction”? When will it be done?

the current plan will make it look more disjointed than ever...still a lot that would have to be

mikejs78

Premium Member
All day...everyday?

how often are you there? Out of curiously

Well, I haven't been since May 2019 (also went Feb 2019) Had a 2020 and now a 2021 trip that has been cancelled. Next attempted trip is Feb 2022. So once, sometimes twice a year.

But for me, personally, all day every day isn't relevant to me - what is is that I like a festival to be going on when I'm there because my family likes the festivals. So I don't care if it's there all day every day or not, I just care that it's there when I go because it enhances my own experience. But I also don't want to have to plan my trips around when there is a festival.

As mentioned above, year round food booths is consistent with the idea of a permanent world's fair.

ToTBellHop

Crowds are higher this year than last summer, so I will be curious to see: are F&W crowds (especially weekend) more manageable with a longer festival? It used to get downright scary in the park on weekends in October. I wouldn't go to the park on a Saturday night in October again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom