2020-Gaming discussion

tanc

cyberpunk works wonders with DLSS, truly an amazing technology. Any console with DLSS has a super awesome advantage this gen, I hope that if they make an upgraded switch it has DLSS. It's just so incredible to me.

Cyberpunk runs well on my 3070 obviously, but I don't have RT on or all the eye candy. Just put it on high and use DLSS and it runs pretty well.

erasure fan1

Ok, so I don't trust EA, and Bioware is a shell of its former self. But something about seeing this trailer made me very happy. I loved the original mass effect, it's still one of my favorite games ever. Outside of the not so stellar ending, the original trilogy is amazing. Andromeda had potential but just fell short. I expected to hate it but but ended up mostly enjoying it. Probably due to the very well done combat and play control. All that said, I don't expect this game to be anything more than mediocre at best. Especially now that Hudson is leaving. But I will always hold out hope for another amazing Mass effect game.

PopCentury

I’m really excited for Back 4 Blood. I enjoyed left 4 dead a lot back in the day.

Also, Sephiroth is a cool addition to smash. I just want sora and I’m guessing this means it’s not going to happen. Damn

Mike S

Just saw what’s going on with CyberPunk on PS4 and XBO.

Yikes.

Makes me wonder if CDPR’s ambitions got the better of them to the point where these versions just suffered for it. They look like what would happen with a bad port job to the Switch. I don’t think these consoles can properly run this game and maybe it should’ve just been exclusive to PC and next gen.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Does anyone even remember the old days when games on PC or console launched mostly perfect and no need for day one patches? Or in Cyberpunk's case a 44gb day one patch? Again we are paying to be play testers, so much so I think dev's count on it.

Either way I got Cyberpunk up and running, with a I9 9000k and RTX 2080ti and runs around 90-100fps at high not ultra, and it looks amazing. Easily the best looking game I've seen in a while. I'm tempted to start but with 60 hours in AC Valhalla I have to finish that first. Plus like @TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives said its probably prudent to wait until things get smoothed out, like a month sadly.

Ghosts got robbed at the game awards. Dragon Age 4 looks great, the video was complete fan service. Hopefully it actually comes out, these days you just don't know.

Lots of great games out right now, I honestly can't remember such quality of titles.

Be safe and healthy.

erasure fan1

Does anyone even remember the old days when games on PC or console launched mostly perfect and no need for day one patches? Or in Cyberpunk's case a 44gb day one patch? Again we are paying to be play testers, so much so I think dev's count on it.
That is why I haven't bought a game day one in a very, very, long time. I'm thinking back, and I believe it was mass effect 3. Like you said, if you want me to play test your game, I better not be paying full price.

The_Jobu

Ok, so I don't trust EA, and Bioware is a shell of its former self. But something about seeing this trailer made me very happy. I loved the original mass effect, it's still one of my favorite games ever. Outside of the not so stellar ending, the original trilogy is amazing. Andromeda had potential but just fell short. I expected to hate it but but ended up mostly enjoying it. Probably due to the very well done combat and play control. All that said, I don't expect this game to be anything more than mediocre at best. Especially now that Hudson is leaving. But I will always hold out hope for another amazing Mass effect game.

Same. ME2 is still my favourite game of all time, had almost a dozen playthrough characters. ME3 fumbled the ending, but I still had almost 400 hours with the multiplayer (and I never play multiplayer). Protip: a lot of fans play the Citadel dlc and then pretend the game ends there.

So this trailer, instant excitement followed by the reality of present day Bioware crashing down. "Mediocre at best" is a good way to put it. Might be a fun little game with pretty graphics, but I have little confidence the story and characters will even approach the original trilogy. EA turned Bioware into just another game studio, not the close knit-group that put in amazing work.

That is why I haven't bought a game day one in a very, very, long time. I'm thinking back, and I believe it was mass effect 3. Like you said, if you want me to play test your game, I better not be paying full price.

The last game I pre-ordered was Cyberpunk... yeah.

But at least it had the best pre-order bonus of all, $20 off. Gonna toss it in my backlog for now, hopefully in a few months it becomes playable.

The_Jobu

Just saw what’s going on with CyberPunk on PS4 and XBO.

Yikes.

Makes me wonder if CDPR’s ambitions got the better of them to the point where these versions just suffered for it. They look like what would happen with a bad port job to the Switch. I don’t think these consoles can properly run this game and maybe it should’ve just been exclusive to PC and next gen.

And now they're getting sued. Yeesh. I think the brass just wanted the game out for Christmas and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Either way I got Cyberpunk up and running, with a I9 9000k and RTX 2080ti and runs around 90-100fps at high not ultra, and it looks amazing. Easily the best looking game I've seen in a while. I'm tempted to start but with 60 hours in AC Valhalla I have to finish that first. Plus like @TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives said its probably prudent to wait until things get smoothed out, like a month sadly.

Ghosts got robbed at the game awards. Dragon Age 4 looks great, the video was complete fan service. Hopefully it actually comes out, these days you just don't know.

Lots of great games out right now, I honestly can't remember such quality of titles.

Be safe and healthy.

When consoles didn't connect to the internet (because there was none), you could usually count on your games being done ⛄

erasure fan1

Might be a fun little game with pretty graphics, but I have little confidence the story and characters will even approach the original trilogy.
That's really what Andromeda ended up being. A fun game with engaging combat, an average story and mostly forgettable characters. It could have been so much more.
Ehh if the brass wanted Cyberpunk out by Christmas, it wouldn't have been delayed so many times.
I think a better way to say it would have been, the brass didn't want to delay it past Christmas no matter how bad it was. They obviously didn't want to lose the holiday sales boost, andforfeit alot of the preorder cash. Otherwise why stain your companies reputation like they have. They could have very easily said the pc version will ship but the console versions will be delayed until January.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Cyberpunk on the PC is freaking amazing! I don't know about console versions or their plight other than what I have read online but yeah Cyberpunk is worthy of everyone's attention and then some. Its basically a first person Witcher. 20 lovingly hours in Night City and I can't wait to get back.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla took me 110 hours to finish the main game without the micro buy experience boost and I tend to leave games on and walk away to cook. Tremendous game 9/10 if you liked the last two in the series you owe it to yourself to play Valhalla. Only bad I can say is there are a couple head scratching moments with the story but nothing game breaking. No real performance issues or bugs the game ran smooth. Totally looking forward to the expansions.

The_Jobu

From UBi's Massive Studio who are responsible for The Division. Thoughts anyone? I have no experience with them.

Never played Division. Used to play Assassins Creed a lot, but they got pretty dull for me after Black Flag. I think they do a lot of open world games? I havent heard anything of them being prone to rushing unfinished games or too many microtransactions.

I havent even got around to the last Star Wars game though, so I'm sure other can be more informative.

Mike S

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I havent heard anything of them being prone to rushing unfinished games or too many microtransactions.

Ubisoft does the micro-transaction's as bad as everyone else, they just don't get the bad publicity like EA or Blizzard/Activision.

As for a Star Wars open world game hell yeah. Something like Assassin's Creed Valhalla or Witcher 3 would be a huge hit.

erasure fan1

Best news from this is that EA’s exclusivity on Star Wars is clearly over and NOT getting renewed.

Otherwise I’m cautious.
It seems like EA will still probably do battlefront and jedi fallen order. And that's fine I guess. I wouldn't put up a fight if they gave someone else a shot at battlefront. I didn't hate the Dice games but neither lived up to the namesake. Now here is the real question. Does Microsoft go to Lucasfilm games and get the exclusivity for Knights of the old republic 3 from Obsidian? I think it would be a fantastic move for Xbox.
How did you guys skip over this one...?
As a fan of Indiana Jones and the emperors tomb on OG xbox (the last big IJ game release) I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm a huge fan of Bethesda so I think it's in pretty capable hands. My hope is we get an IJ game that really holds true to the franchise and gives me the same feeling I got when I played the first tomb raider.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom