2020-Gaming discussion

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
WoW was pretty much guaranteed top spot when the expansion released, 90% of the people I follow are playing it atm, myself inc.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I got the Japanese physical version of Okami HD yesterday. The case has a reversible cover and the art on the opposite side is beautiful. That's not even mentioning the game itself, which has been very fun so far, and in full English as promised!

The_Jobu

I keep watching people play Injustice 2 online and I've never played it. Never will most likely. But cant stop watching.

Video games are weird like that.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I got the Japanese physical version of Okami HD yesterday. The case has a reversible cover and the art on the opposite side is beautiful. That's not even mentioning the game itself, which has been very fun so far, and in full English as promised!
I have this on my list to pick up while I am in Japan next month.

Also I'm nearing the end of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.. How did I miss this series. The art work, the gameplay, the music, and the story are all amazing. I am really gonna have to find the time to go back and experience the other entries into this series.

trainplane3

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but any other must haves for the Switch aside from Zelda, Odyssey, Splatoon, and Mario kart?
Asking because...
It's been a weird month for me. I saw the modding scene for the 3ds is pretty lively so I bought a used one a month ago. Did a bunch of stuff to it and then bought a new NES 3ds along with Ultra Moon, Omega Ruby, and Y (to keep the modded one for offline only). I've been playing it pretty much non-stop which is weird, since I'm 99% PC gaming. I figured out it's because I'm not tied to a TV. So then I realized I have a PS3 I haven't touched in 2 years and took it (and a bunch of games) to Gamestop today and got a Switch with Zelda and Sonic Mania. Waiting for Smash and Pokemon "Let's Go give Nintendo more money".

And now my PS4 wiped itself. Which is weird since it was off when I moved it to clean around it (and it was fine last night). So now that's looking Gamestop worthy. Only things holding me back are the fact it's a Darth Vader PS4 and Gundam Breaker 3 is only available on it (yes 3, not that crap "New" one). Decisions...

Voxel

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but any other must haves for the Switch aside from Zelda, Odyssey, Splatoon, and Mario kart?
Asking because...
It's been a weird month for me. I saw the modding scene for the 3ds is pretty lively so I bought a used one a month ago. Did a bunch of stuff to it and then bought a new NES 3ds along with Ultra Moon, Omega Ruby, and Y (to keep the modded one for offline only). I've been playing it pretty much non-stop which is weird, since I'm 99% PC gaming. I figured out it's because I'm not tied to a TV. So then I realized I have a PS3 I haven't touched in 2 years and took it (and a bunch of games) to Gamestop today and got a Switch with Zelda and Sonic Mania. Waiting for Smash and Pokemon "Let's Go give Nintendo more money".

And now my PS4 wiped itself. Which is weird since it was off when I moved it to clean around it (and it was fine last night). So now that's looking Gamestop worthy. Only things holding me back are the fact it's a Darth Vader PS4 and Gundam Breaker 3 is only available on it (yes 3, not that crap "New" one). Decisions...
What type of games are you into?

trainplane3

What type of games are you into?
I'm kind of a mix. On consoles, I try to stay away from FPS's just because of how used I am to mouse and keyboard. RPG's are hit and miss, the last ones I've beat are Pokemon and STALKER (and that's a mish mash of the genre).

I just picked up Odyssey today since it's $45 and it's pretty great so far. MK8 will probably be the next for me.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
*sigh*

Like an idiot I just preordered the GTX 2080ti from Asus for $1239.99.

God I hate the cost of the PC master race bullcrap but once you get that over 100fps bug you’re stuck with it for life. I long for the days where I was happy with console level performance at console prices.

Voxel

*sigh*

God I hate the cost of the PC master race bullcrap but once you get that over 100fps bug you’re stuck with it for life. I long for the days where I was happy with console level performance at console prices.
Your not going to wait for Benchmarks... While I loved Nvidia's due to my interest in Machine Learning, some of their Benchmarks for questionable... They never gave us benchmarks in terms of pure gaming experience. It was all focusing on Ray Tracing performance or machine learning performance which the Turing will rock thanks to Tensor and RTX Cores.

Don't get me wrong I think its a beast of a card and I'll probably order one because I really want those Tensor Cores for some personal projects. I just wish they showcase more of the gaming side. I assume most of the video showcase were down with the Ti version..

Voxel

I'm kind of a mix. On consoles, I try to stay away from FPS's just because of how used I am to mouse and keyboard. RPG's are hit and miss, the last ones I've beat are Pokemon and STALKER (and that's a mish mash of the genre).

I just picked up Odyssey today since it's $45 and it's pretty great so far. MK8 will probably be the next for me.
I loved Odyssey, honestly some of the most fun I have had in a game in a long time. MK 8 is also a tone of fun, but honestly its better with friends like Smash is.

I highly recommend Octopath or Xenoblade. If you into some older games the Crash Remake is fun though challenging. Also I really enjoyed Sonic Mania.

Mike S

*sigh*

The price of
200.gif

Jahona

*sigh*

I attempted to but by the time I got home the 2080ti was sold out. Buddy of mine per-ordered one as well though.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Your not going to wait for Benchmarks... While I loved Nvidia's due to my interest in Machine Learning, some of their Benchmarks for questionable... They never gave us benchmarks in terms of pure gaming experience. It was all focusing on Ray Tracing performance or machine learning performance which the Turing will rock thanks to Tensor and RTX Cores.

Don't get me wrong I think its a beast of a card and I'll probably order one because I really want those Tensor Cores for some personal projects. I just wish they showcase more of the gaming side. I assume most of the video showcase were down with the Ti version..

A smart person would wait for benchmarks right? Unfortunately when the miners owned the high performance card prices locked at unreasonable levels for most of the last two years my personal decision was easy. I would rather have the card at its suggested retail than pay over 2k in a few months. Am I jumping the gun? Will card manufacturers keep the miners at bay? I don't know, but I know I got an Asus for its suggested retail and I'm happy with it.

As for performance, once I heard the RTX 2070 will outperform the current Titan I was all in. The current GTX 1070 by itself is absolutely no slouch for gaming right now, in fact I still think its a top ten card based on performance, but pales to the Titan. The new RTX cards are your 4k friendly cards and beyond. I'm expecting 100 fps in 4K from these.

The price of
200.gif

Exactly, its just like that.

I attempted to but by the time I got home the 2080ti was sold out. Buddy of mine per-ordered one as well though.

I was sitting at home waiting for the flood waters outside to go down and my phone dinged with a Newegg ad and I didn't hesitate. Again, hopefully the gamers are getting them and not the miners.

I am getting one of the non founders editions so will wait for a bit.

Personally I would rather have a Founders, Nvidia always takes the best binned chips for the Founder Editions, plus I've always gotten them in the past and have never had any issues with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom