2020-Gaming discussion

erasure fan1

If anyone is looking for a good gamepass game to play, try immortals fenix rising. It's pretty much Ubisofts, we want to make Zelda breath of the wild. I'm a big Zelda fan, and I think this is better than breath of the wild. It has nice voice acting with an interesting narrative. The narration reminds me a bit of borderlands from a tone standpoint. It's well worth a look.

erasure fan1

Anyone else enjoying Sony getting all bent out of shape because of the Microsoft Activision purchase? I find it funny that the company that pays publishers for exclusivity and to keep games off of gamepass, is now worried about games not coming to their platform. Sony just cracks me up. They're by far #1 in the game space and they use that to keep publishers on their side. Personally I'd love to see Microsoft just stick it to Sony and not release any of the games from the studios they purchased on PlayStation. But Microsoft isn't going to do that because they want to, you know, make more money.

The funny part of the whole thing is, even with Activision, I believe that still only puts Xbox at #2. So I don't think Sony has leg to stand on here.

Indy_UK

I find is annoying that there isn’t just one platform that will have all the Disney/Star Wars and Marvel games.

Seems like Sony is the best bet with the Spider-Man games exclusive to them

erasure fan1

It's hilarious all that exclusive rubbish they get added into their contracts and then they go crying over this.
Exactly. Sony is the absolute worst when it comes to the consumer friendly side of this. It's bad for the consumers!!! But not allowing games on your platform if you put them on Xbox or paying to keep a game off of gamepass? That's great for consumers! I had very little respect for sony after the whole crossplay fiasco and locking people's Fortnite accounts. But man, they've taken it to a whole nother slimeball level with this.

erasure fan1

Everyone I know got 20-something hours in and dropped it. Too repetitive with side quests. It takes a lot of time. Everyone does say they will go back to it.
I haven't played it yet as it's not on Xbox one yet. Side quests are a tricky thing. It's great to have a lot of content. The Witcher 3 has the best side quests in a game I've ever played. So many are actual mini stories that are compelling to play. Or you have something like the assassins Creed games where the side quests are not all that interesting, just filler. What I haven't seen is if the side quests are needed for progress. If so, I get why people would stop. Constant repetitive grinding isn't all that fun most of the time.

Jahona

Late to the party on this one. I've got 68 hours in and haven't finished the game yet. Been playing here and there since release. Some of the side quests are good others feel like filler. But not many of the side quests are required. If I go back in and play as a different house I'll probably skip a lot of them and just power through it.

Wendy Pleakley

Great time for gaming right now.

Hogwart's Legacy was a game with broad appeal.

In a very short period we've got Jedi Survivor, Zelda, Diablo, and Pikmin games releasing. These are all must buys for me.

erasure fan1

I still have a copy of my snes version of Jurassic park. I am a huge Jurassic park fan. Unfortunately that era was just mediocre for Jurassic park games. If they were doing a sega collection I would entertain getting it. The sega cd version was interesting. And JP rampage edition was better than the snes version in my opinion. I really think someone needs to do a proper open world, action adventure game on the island. I'm not a big fan of the park building sims.

erasure fan1

random take but I just found this thread and recently played Devil May Cry 5...best action combat I've ever experienced. So good 😱 puts God of War Ragnarok to shame
I've never been a big DMC fan. I did pick up DMC4 at five below but I haven't played it yet. I wouldn't doubt it's better than god of war. I've always thought GoW was a bit overrated. It's not bad, but I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seems to be with it.

BlakeW39

I've never been a big DMC fan. I did pick up DMC4 at five below but I haven't played it yet. I wouldn't doubt it's better than god of war. I've always thought GoW was a bit overrated. It's not bad, but I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seems to be with it.

DMC4 is good, I mean the story is incompetent but for a 2008 game the combat mechanics are still really good. In terms of GOW2018 and Ragnarok....I thought the first was really good narratively, although the combat wasn't nearly as good as DMC5 from a year later. Ragnarok on the other hand I did feel was a downgrade storywise, its emotional highs hit well but it was unfocused and the pacing was wonky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom