2020-Gaming discussion

erasure fan1

Sony buys Bungie for 3.6 Billion, pretty much everyone goes meh its only Destiny 2 and carries on lol

Meh is exactly right. It really feels like Sony just wanted a headline. Sure Destiny has a good following and I'm sure it makes some decent cash. But after that, what do you have? Marathon? It seems like an odd move to me. They aren't an IP heavy studio so maybe they just want the name and development tools to strengthen their games as service portfolio.

Underdog

I'm hyped
I’m hesitant until I see the content. They have already said they can’t match MS’ day one first party releases to subscribers. There is ‘no value’ in it for them. So, out the gate they aren’t trying to be competitive.

erasure fan1

I'm hyped
I'll start with I'm not a big playstation guy. It's hard to say how good this will be without seeing a games list. Not having day one releases is a huge negative for the service for me. If I were to get the service, I would not be buying any sony games when they release. I would just wait until they hit the service. The streaming of PS3 is also a big negative. Microsoft xcloud works well, but is substantially inferior to playing directly from the system. I personally can't see getting this as I already have gamepass ultimate for my xbox.

erasure fan1

So what did everyone think? Starfield looks fantastic. The best of elder scrolls and fallout with the exploration promise that mass effect was supposed to be. Forza was drop dead gorgeous as always. Diablo 4 looks great as well. I like the open world aspect. My only real issue is unfortunately the lions share of games are for 2023 and not much happening for this year. I also wanted a good look at Fable. All in all, great showcase.

Twilight_Roxas

31 years ago.
A2E6EFE4-0801-472E-8720-B48803B5E8D1.jpeg

erasure fan1

That new Sonic collection is awesome. It's a bit too expensive for a collection that most people have already bought a couple times over. I'll pick it up at $19.99 for sure.

The Engine they used for this is the one they made for mania. Hopefully they start a new trilogy using that engine. Keep making the mediocre to terrible 3d sonic if that's what you think people want. Just keep making the 2d games and the sonic fans will be happy.

Twilight_Roxas

Not really Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2 by Christian Whitehead were ported with the inclusion of the drop dash from Sonic Mania plus the songs from the Japanese soundtrack have their lyrics again while Sonic 3 & Knuckles was remastered by Headcannon.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I purchased a huge lot of moldy oldie PC's and parts. Spent about 1k for 228 old PC's, software, games, manuals and parts. To my surprise a lot of the stuff I have tested actually works. The best I've dug up is bunch of old Japanese PC's. I got some working PC-88's and 98's and three working, but terribly dirty FM Townes. I never realized just how cool these systems are or how much they fetch. Some of these games are priced over $300 on Ebay which of course is a misnomer because that stuff only sells for what people are willing to spend. But some of these games look incredible on these platforms.

Really starting to get into the whole retro scene which is the new cool, but eagerly awaiting Xenoblade 3 as I feel Xenoblade 2 is the best game on the Switch.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I played and finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3 over the course of August and while it was still very good, I feel like it was missing something.

The gameplay is fantastic and much improved compared to the first two games but I feel it was much easier. I won't get into plot discussion for obvious reasons but I feel it was weaker than the past entries.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I purchased a huge lot of moldy oldie PC's and parts. Spent about 1k for 228 old PC's, software, games, manuals and parts. To my surprise a lot of the stuff I have tested actually works. The best I've dug up is bunch of old Japanese PC's. I got some working PC-88's and 98's and three working, but terribly dirty FM Townes. I never realized just how cool these systems are or how much they fetch. Some of these games are priced over $300 on Ebay which of course is a misnomer because that stuff only sells for what people are willing to spend. But some of these games look incredible on these platforms.
It's nice to see other computer collectors here. I've been back to collecting vintage Macintosh computers again. Recently picked up a Power Macintosh 6100 (which ended up having a super rare upgrade card inside) and a PowerBook 520.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom