News 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays

cosmicgirl

The only one I’ve heard of is Whoopie, albeit having googled them I remember the guy off Miami Vice. I’m there 12/20 to 12/30 and my daughter wanted to see Neil Patrick Harris (I’m not sure who he is either, but he’s known by the kids here in the U.K.).
Neil Patrick Harris usually comes in early December so if they stick to the same routine I'm afraid you'll miss him. He's one of the actors from How I Met Your Mother.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The only one I’ve heard of is Whoopie, albeit having googled them I remember the guy off Miami Vice. I’m there 12/20 to 12/30 and my daughter wanted to see Neil Patrick Harris (I’m not sure who he is either, but he’s known by the kids here in the U.K.).
Binge a few episodes of Doogie Howser, MD and How I Met Your Mother and watch Starship Troopers. You'll know who he is then.

ToTBellHop

Binge a few episodes of Doogie Howser, MD and How I Met Your Mother and watch Starship Troopers. You'll know who he is then.
He was spectacular when we saw him for Candlelight. Candlelight itself bored me to death (not my cup of tea), but he was wonderful and kept me from thinking it was a waste of money. Just won’t be doing it again.

YorkshireT

I saw Lieutenant Dan did it before. Hope he may be back when we are there. None of these others apart from this Neil Patrick Harris and Whoopie seem to be known outside USA. Lieutenant Dan is though.

bubbles1812

Personally, it's a huge turn off and I avoid the parks in November for that very reason. I don't want to see Christmas in November.
I think there are two versions of people when it comes to November...those who still prefer the fall theme and those who go into Christmas mode early on. For me, Christmas-y decorations are fair game to go up once October is over. The Thanksgiving to Christmas stretch is fairly synonymous in my head and I often start getting some Christmas decorations up in the weeks prior to Thanksgiving. And well, if some Christmas stations start creeping into my Spotify, it's no sweat off my back. So it should come as no shock that I was pleased that the Christmas decorations were out when we went to Disney the week before Thanksgiving in 2017. Obviously, your mileage varies but there are plenty who do enjoy it.

Last edited:

Touchdown

November is when I make my annual trips to Silver Dollar City and Dollywood for their Christmas celebrations, mainly to avoid going when it’s too cold for those parks to run their coasters. I have no problem with parks starting their Christmas festivities in November, because Thanksgiving does not lend itself well to theme park festivals.

HauntedMansionFLA

First Candlelight Processional narrators announced for 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
I wish the would have Paul Williams as a narrator. He has a great breakround writing music for Jim Henson and the Muppets. He wrote Rainbow Connection and won an Oscar for the song Evergreen.

KikoKea

I'm glad they start Christmas in Nov because it gives more time for people to see it. We've gone early, middle, and late Nov, and we've gone during the first 2 weeks of Dec, depending on our schedule. Same with Fall decorations in Aug. In fact, my best friend and I declared that August was officially (for us) part of Fall so we could put our Fall decorations out and enjoy them longer. Never mind that we are sweating...we'll be sweating in October, too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What is the criteria that Disney use to invite these narrators?

Mostly they've been involved in Disney various film and TV projects. You might not equate them with Disney if you aren't aware of an animated character they've voiced, or they were on an ABC/Freeform/Disney Channel TV show, or, Broadway production. Plus, John Stamos and NPH are huge Disney park fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom