News 2018 ticket price increases

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
$51.00 increase in my annual pass. $102.00 for my wife and I. High but I will accept it and renew. I think the daily pass increase was smaller than I thought it should be.

Just wait until Feb. 2019. ;)

I hear you on your previous post. I don't think Disney is looking to increase or expand any discounts, however. But, at the end of the day, Disney is going to raise prices, and probably raise them a lot (and it looks like BlogMickey has posted pricing which is awfully darn close to what my guesses were).

Gotta run, will try to do more around this later today and tomorrow.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I really wish they would stop touching the AP. I still see the value and I will still renew, but there is a part of me that still feels the old sting from losing PI and DQ. I know this is all rumor until it happens, but buying 5 passes every year is getting harder and harder. (Sorry for the soap box rant)

kong1802

I really wish they would stop touching the AP. I still see the value and I will still renew, but there is a part of me that still feels the old sting from losing PI and DQ. I know this is all rumor until it happens, but buying 5 passes every year is getting harder and harder. (Sorry for the soap box rant)

Yeah, we buy for 5 as well.

Definitely will downgrade from the top tier this year. Not paying an extra $300.

So, I guess I'll be saving some coin if I renew this year.

kong1802

Anyone else find it odd that there is a larger gap now between the 2 and 3 day pass?

Now it costs $116 to add the 3rd day. When a 1 day ticket during value would run you $102.

Doesn't that really cancel out the reason to buy the 3 day pass?

You are paying more for "convenience" now?

21stamps

To be fair, they can’t increase all other prices yet leave the AP the same. Wouldn’t make much sense.

TeddyinMO

I’m paying $1,000 for my family of 4 to go to Universal for 2 days and to be able to ride the Hogwarts Express, not including the nearly $500 Universal hotel room and any food, drink or souvenirs. Sorry, but that is in no way a “FAR better value than WDW.”

I just tried to price adding 1 day at Universal for my August trip to WDW. For our family of 6, we're looking at $1,064 for a park-to-park ticket. This is an estimate based on May pricing because Universal's website won't even let me buy an August single-day ticket right now. My family loves Harry Potter almost as much as Disney, and I'd hate to pass on Universal. But I'm not sure I can justify that pricing as an add on to our trip. It's even harder considering we managed to get our 5-day park hopper plus tickets at WDW for a total price under $1700. I get that there's multi-day discounts and stuff, but the need for a park-to-park ticket at Universal in order to experience the primary reason we're going there (Potter) makes it ridiculous.

I am not trying to turn this into a Universal vs. Disney debate. They both are good and both have their benefits. They also are both expensive. But anyone that claims that Universal is more of a value or that Disney is gouging people while Universal is not is just full of it. Not to mention that FastPass+ is still free, but Universal is asking $79.99 per person for their Express pass. FastPass+ isn't perfect, but it's still included.

***Edited to correct the number of people from 5 to 6. Thanks to @disneyflush for pointing out the mistake. It was a typo.

Last edited:

disneyflush

I just tried to price adding 1 day at Universal for my August trip to WDW. For our family of 5, we're looking at $1,064 for a park-to-park ticket. This is an estimate based on May pricing because Universal's website won't even let me buy an August single-day ticket right now. My family loves Harry Potter almost as much as Disney, and I'd hate to pass on Universal. But I'm not sure I can justify that pricing as an add on to our trip. It's even harder considering we managed to get our 5-day park hopper plus tickets at WDW for a total price under $1700. I get that there's multi-day discounts and stuff, but the need for a park-to-park ticket at Universal in order to experience the primary reason we're going there (Potter) makes it ridiculous.

I am not trying to turn this into a Universal vs. Disney debate. They both are good and both have their benefits. They also are both expensive. But anyone that claims that Universal is more of a value or that Disney is gouging people while Universal is not is just full of it. Not to mention that FastPass+ is still free, but Universal is asking $79.99 per person for their Express pass. FastPass+ isn't perfect, but it's still included.

Is there anything else taken into account for the $1.064 price? $212.xx per day for a ticket is jaw droppingly high (I definitely believe you fwiw). I've looked at the 'park hopper' option and know its 175ish per day so its a ton but wasn't sure if that included the line skipping option?

TeddyinMO

Is there anything else taken into account for the $1.064 price? $212.xx per day for a ticket is jaw droppingly high (I definitely believe you fwiw). I've looked at the 'park hopper' option and know its 175ish per day so its a ton but wasn't sure if that included the line skipping option?

My apologies. I had a typo in my original post. It's for a family of 6, not 5. I didn't catch that until I saw your average price. I will correct my original post. My post was based on the 6-person price though, so I do stand by my point. I am very sorry about the mistake, however. Thank you for questioning it. I certainly did not mean to be inaccurate.

The_Jobu

Im really quite frustrated I can't buy tickets for 2019 right now. When will they be available? After this price hike perhaps.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Here's a question about something I'm not sure anyone had kept track of - What are the number of Value, Regular, and Premium days each year, and will those numbers change for 2018 and/or beyond?

I'm wondering if there will be a reclassification of some days to bring them up, leaving fewer days in the "Value" designation. The rumored price changes in all three suggest there could be more Regular and Premium days, thus leaving fewer Value days.

Po'Rich

Im really quite frustrated I can't buy tickets for 2019 right now. When will they be available? After this price hike perhaps.
I *think* not until January 1. Last year, I believe that Disney changed the roles so that tickets (unless otherwise stated) had to be used in the calendar year in which they were purchased. I know that DVC had a ticket offer in 2017 that didn't expire until the end of 2018, but that is the only exception I've seen so far.

The_Jobu

I *think* not until January 1. Last year, I believe that Disney changed the roles so that tickets (unless otherwise stated) had to be used in the calendar year in which they were purchased. I know that DVC had a ticket offer in 2017 that didn't expire until the end of 2018, but that is the only exception I've seen so far.

Can you book your fastpasses without tickets in your account? This sounds like a terrible logjam.

Clamman73

I just grabbed one of those 5 for 4 day park hopper tickets from UT for my upcoming trip and will continue to hold onto my non expiring tickets.

Po'Rich

Anyone else find it odd that there is a larger gap now between the 2 and 3 day pass?

Now it costs $116 to add the 3rd day. When a 1 day ticket during value would run you $102.

Doesn't that really cancel out the reason to buy the 3 day pass?

You are paying more for "convenience" now?
There has to be an error in his Multi-Day projections. You're correct that the projections show a higher price for three days than 2 days. 4 days is just a slight decrease per day, and then 5 days is a rather drastic decrease. With the current prices, the decrease is more linear.

Po'Rich

Can you book your fastpasses without tickets in your account? This sounds like a terrible logjam.
I don't think so...so there must be an earlier switch date than Jan 1. Perhaps 2019 tickets will go on sale in November? (I'm just thinking 60 days prior to the new year).

The_Jobu

I don't think so...so there must be an earlier switch date than Jan 1. Perhaps 2019 tickets will go on sale in November? (I'm just thinking 60 days prior to the new year).

When did they sneak in these changes anyway? Feels like it should be its own thread.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It's usually when the prior years ticket increases go into effect. So this weekend if rumors are correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom