2018 Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon

RunningKoen

And with such answers in mind;

Wouldn't it be easier to not update or communicate yet? Let people ask questions at both weekends and have all CM's reply with the same as the moms. " registration will not open until all operational details are finalized" They can print shirts or buttons to make it easier.

That might be a lot easier than dealing with a angry crowd, knowing it will be cancelled. They will have more complicated questions and will be filled with a lot more emotions.

Questions can be more easily avoided than angry customers who just want to complain.

Best option: fly over all moms from the panel and have them smile everything away. 'Cause they are so happy.

Ariel484

Announced:

https://www.rundisney.com/blog/articles/run-disney/

We have heard from many of you over the past few months regarding registration for runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our runDisney race events and want to share the following update with you.

Given the level of construction to support the ongoing Disneyland Resort expansion, we have been working hard to determine how we can continue providing our West Coast participants with the best possible runDisney experience, which is designed around the ability to run throughout our resorts while enjoying entertainment offerings and characters.

After careful consideration and weighing all possibilities, we have made the very difficult decision to place all runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort on hiatus beginning in 2018. This includes the associated Coast to Coast Race Challenges.

Anyone who has registered for one of these races will be contacted directly by runDisney today by email and will receive a full refund for registration fees and for any commemorative items they may have purchased.

While news of this hiatus is sad to share, we are so thankful for the magic and memories you have helped create at our race weekends through the years. We look forward to hosting the upcoming Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort November 9-12, and we hope to see many of you there.

We encourage runners to continue to visit runDisney.com for other race opportunities. A full schedule of races at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris are currently still being offered, in addition to our virtual race series. Guests with questions can contact rundisney@disneysports.com.

Chris Riley

Just got an email from runDisney.
From runDisney: After careful consideration and weighing all possibilities, we have made the very difficult decision to place all runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort on hiatus beginning in 2018 due to construction to support the ongoing Disneyland Resort expansion.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Say Buh-bye to runDisney at Disneyland, For those unaware city council flipped to an anti-disney majority.

I suspect the REAL reason is Anaheim will no longer issue the required permits and will not divert police and traffic department resources to Disney events.

Payback is a well you know, From the public statements in the LA Times. Disney is going to be made to pay their 'fair share' not good, not good at all.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Sorry for all of you who planned on running in these races but at least I'm glad they've finally come out with a clear answer so that people are no longer in limbo!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Texas84 and @LAKid53 - Yes, come do the castle to chateau challenge with me :). Next year I decided it will be an adult only weekend - it's too difficult to get my daughter out of junior high for a long weekend so I've decided to have her stay with her best friend's family for the weekend. I'm toying with the idea of the 31 km challenge, but definitely not the 36 km. We did the 5 km this year but I was not happy with the lighting situation - we were lucky to be in one of the very early corrals and despite being with three kids we managed to keep a decent pace (finished by 9 pm including a few picture stops) but there were parts where it was completely dark. I didn't want to fall before the half, so in those places I slowed completely to a walk.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@Texas84 and @LAKid53 - Yes, come do the castle to chateau challenge with me :). Next year I decided it will be an adult only weekend - it's too difficult to get my daughter out of junior high for a long weekend so I've decided to have her stay with her best friend's family for the weekend. I'm toying with the idea of the 31 km challenge, but definitely not the 36 km. We did the 5 km this year but I was not happy with the lighting situation - we were lucky to be in one of the very early corrals and despite being with three kids we managed to keep a decent pace (finished by 9 pm including a few picture stops) but there were parts where it was completely dark. I didn't want to fall before the half, so in those places I slowed completely to a walk.

Considering I fell and broke my arm during a 10k trail race, I'm in agreement. Running the slippery Boardwalk between DHS and Epcot makes me nervous, so easy to slip on those wooden boards in the morning. And ruin my chances for that challenge medal.

RunningKoen

So I could get an extra medal by running all the races like I do at WDW? Sweet.

But that means the 5k is timed...

Might now. The 10K had a challenge bib with chip, yet the 10K wasn't timed either. I'm not sure if they will do three races with 1 bib, but even the option for a 31 and 36K challenge does not make the 5K timed for certain.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Might now. The 10K had a challenge bib with chip, yet the 10K wasn't timed either. I'm not sure if they will do three races with 1 bib, but even the option for a 31 and 36K challenge does not make the 5K timed for certain.

So rD doesn't have a pacing minimum for DLP races? Without the chip, how will they know a runner completed all 3 races? To get my challenge medals, I had to go to a separate area, where they checked my bib number via a computer - to make sure it was me who finished the race.

RunningKoen

So rD doesn't have a pacing minimum for DLP races? Without the chip, how will they know a runner completed all 3 races? To get my challenge medals, I had to go to a separate area, where they checked my bib number via a computer - to make sure it was me who finished the race.

They do, based on balloon laddies. The 6k/h pace starts after the last starter. They weren't that strict this year, according to some people.

The BBB challenge was kinda messy this year, they wanted you to get a wristband after finishing the 10K, but didn't put this idea through. The finishing area was too small, and giving out bands would fill up the area too much. Everyone with a challenge bib who finished the half marathon got the challenge medal; they made a note on your bib to prevent getting more medals.

A system like in the US might be usefull for the 31K and 36K challenge, but they will have to change the expo and finisher area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom