MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Screenshot_2017-10-16-19-16-14.jpg

ALABAMA 500, TALLADEGA

1. Brad Keselowski
2. Ryan Newman
3. Trevor Bayne

wdwfan4ver

One driver is ruled out of the 10 car cup ride. Cole Custer is racing in the Xfinity series full time next year according to one of their press conferences today.

Stewart-Haas Racing announced Cole Custer returning after they announced a partnership with Xfinity series team Biagi-Denbeste. This partnership only affect the Xfinity series side of Stewart-Haas.

wdwfan4ver

Denny Hamlin got booed ferociously in his home state of Virginia and Chase Elliot got thunderous applause. Looks like a Chase is going to pick up the mantle of most popular driver when Junior retires.
I wasn't surprised with the fans. Denny Hamlin did a mistake on his dumbing of chase by not following what Dale Earnhardt Sr. did to Terry Labonte at the 1999 Goody's Headache Powder 500 at Bristol. Dale dumped Terry on the final lap of the race for the win.

While Denny claims he's not a dirty racer on twitter, I remembered the spring 2008 Richmond race. Denny had dominating car, but had a tire problem. Denny at the 2008 Spring Richmond race decided to intentionally stop on the track to draw a caution after Dale Jr. inherited the lead due to Denny's problem.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Stewart-Haas made an announcement that they will be announcing Danica's replacement on November 8th.

The other thing Front Row Motorsports has announced they will be staying with Ford, but didn't announce the driver for the 34 car.

artvandelay

Stewart-Haas made an announcement that they will be announcing Danica's replacement on November 8th.

The other thing Front Row Motorsports has announced they will be staying with Ford, but didn't announce the driver for the 34 car.
It’s strongly rumored that Aric Almirola will get the 10 car. Also, Kurt Busch is in talks with SHR to keep driving for them next year.

Is Petty going to Toyota next year?

wdwfan4ver

I guess it’s Chevy. Has Petty ever run a Chevy car?
Yes. The last time Richard Petty ran a Chevy was the first race of the 1981 season for Petty Enterprises. The first race at the time was at Riverside in 1981. Petty Enterprises ran some races for Chevy in 1978,1979 and 1980. In 1978 Petty did some races with Dodge. Petty in 1979 and 1980 did races for Oldsmobile and Chevy.

wdwfan4ver

There is big news that came out today. Furniture Row Racing owner Barney Visser had a heart attack in November 4 and had successful bypass surgery on the 6th.

I'm a bit surprised with today's media that this wasn't reported before today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom