2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival- Favorite Foods

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
This year I will be attending Epcot Food and Wine Festival for the first time in my life this year. I am a teacher which means that until this year, my summer break never coincided with the start of Food and Wine. I have looked at the menus from 2016 and was just curious what peoples favorite food and/or beverages were (and if you had pictures to share). I would also know what people generally thought was bad. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Some things I have had that have been there at least the two consecutive years I've gone that were my favorites have been the Patagonia beef skewers with chimichurri, Hawaii's kalua pork sliders, Farm Fresh or Flordia's loaded mac and cheese, and the chocolate pudding cake with an Irish cream sauce from Ireland. My husband loves the lamb chop from Australia. The beef and creme brulee from France and the cheese bread from Brazil are always good too.

I hope the Korean piggy wings from the Beer stand in the Odyssey and the spicy scheuzwan (sorry for the spelling) chicken from China are back this year.

I'm a teacher too, but I too my personal days the last two years to be able to go. I'm planning a quick weekend over Labor Day this year to be able to make it. It is a lot of fun to share food and try new things. My husband and I call it the Food Olympics! I see that California is doing their Food and Wine this year again in the Spring, and lucky me it is when I am doing a solo trip out there. So I joked with my husband that I will be able to be a double coast gold medalist in the Food Olympics this year!

The menu or at least a preview of the menu came out in June or July last year so hopefully it will come out around there this year too, so we can start planning our plan of attack.

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
My district frowns heavily on using personal time for vacations, I've only known one person in the past 5 years that was approved to use their personal time for anything like that. I'm happy things have aligned this year, I was really thinking I'd have to wait until I retired to go to food and wine...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My district frowns heavily on using personal time for vacations, I've only known one person in the past 5 years that was approved to use their personal time for anything like that. I'm happy things have aligned this year, I was really thinking I'd have to wait until I retired to go to food and wine...

Isn't that what personal time is for? Sick days are for being sick, medical appointments, taking care of sick family members..... When I was a first year teacher my mentor specifically told me to to use the personal days for fun days off and go somewhere, that they are no questions asked kind of day. We may not take off on inservice days, or the first/last week of the year unless there is an extreme situation. We only get 2 personal days, and if we don't use them they turn into sick days. So our Food and Wine trips have just been extended weekends, not like week long trips. We save those for summer. But I suppose every district is different.

danyoung56

By far my favorite items came from the Canada booth. They serve their famous cheddar cheese soup with a fluffy breadstick, and also a beef filet with mushroom sauce. I could make a meal just at that one booth!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom