2016 wdw vacation help

Brandon barr

Hey guys, my family and I went to wdw for the first time every October 2015. We had a great vacation and I received allot of help from you all here. It all seems so much more complicated then it really was. Okay so here is my question. We want to go back this year, but my wife wants to go see the Christmas setup this year not the haloween. I was going to book it know and start paying it out, but I was wondering if you guys know when the offers for say November or December get releases. It would be awesome to get a discount or even pick up a free dining plan. So does anyone know when they release those offers? Also what is the weather in November december? I mean last year in middle of October it was super hot all 7 days and 0 rain not even a drip haha. I do want the dining plan again because it worked great for us and I feel like I got my money worth.

Okay so just a little bit about my trip last year we didn't take our newborn just our 5 year old. We had a awesome vacation but missed the baby a ton. Know this year we will be having another baby in may. ( I know we are crazy, but my wife just had to have her girl. We are done know btw) this year we are planning on taking all the kids so my son will be 6 and almost 2 and we will have about 6 month old. Are we crazy taking the babies? Well thanks guys I would love some opinions.
Pic of my son meeting his 2 favorite characters ever! Haha and he danced with the entire monsters Inc crew on the haloween party which was also great.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1452259118794.jpg
    FB_IMG_1452259118794.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 38

SeanWM48

we've done both October and November. weather-wise we were unfortunate to catch a cold snap during our November trip. I have a trip report in my sig from that year and you'll see we're wearing jackets/hats in many of the pics. I've been told that was very much an anomaly and November is typically very pleasant though, just a bit cooler at night.

October weather as you saw can be hot but overall I've never had a problem with the weather. I do prefer and our next visit will be October

as for Christmas at WDW it is definitely something to experience. Christmas completely takes over every park, every resort. If i were you I would aim for a mid-late November trip, probably the last week BEFORE the Thanksgiving week. I would avoid thanksgiving week due to crowds. By mid November just about everybody has their holiday displays up and it's great.

If you keep an eye out, discounts will certainly be offered featuring November. Free dining or the % off. I believe they usually release in April for the fall, although I'm sure others on this board know better than I regarding release dates for pins/discounts etc

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Nice I think I can wait till April to start planning my trip, anyways I can only see plane tickets till the end of October for know. We loved our October trip. We just want to do something different this time. Mnsshp was great if I end up just going in October again I will Def do that again maybe even 2 times.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We are arriving the Friday before Thanksgiving week so we can do MVMCP, then we will be there until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Yep, it's going to be crowded, but we'll have a plan and have a blast! We have booked our last few trips through Small World Vacations. They provide a service free of charge to you, and they will monitor any discounts that may happen after you've booked. It's a great way to book early and not have to worry about missing a discount on your own.

Upvote 0

Ted Daggett

We have gone several times in the Dec 6 - Dec 20 date range. Usually they offer the discounts and/or free dining around June.
One year there was record cold, and we woke up and it was 28 degrees out. The next time we went it was record heat, and was 85 degrees during the day. The Christmas decorations are great, and when we went this past year in May, we felt like something was missing, and we just didn't think it was the same w/o the Christmas decorations and Christmas music playing. The parks aren't too crowded during early December, however you may have to plan around the Pop Warner Football/Cheerleader championships at Disney. Typically the free dining is not offered during the Pop Warner dates. They will fill up the Value resorts, and I think usually go there the week of Dec 5? (you can verify on internet somewhere probably). Not sure if you would be headed to the water parks, but they are not always open in December, due to colder weather. I prefer walking around with jeans and a long sleeve T shirt in chilly weather to dripping sweat walking in 90% humidity and 95 degree heat.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We're going the week before Thanksgiving week, hoping to score a free dining offer (although I realize they're getting fewer and further between)! You can see the offers from the past few years at http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/. As others said, they'll come out around April. I'd book now, though, and start watching for offers. If one comes out for your dates, call immediately (don't wait, because each offer is tied to a limited number of rooms) and have it applied to your booking retroactively (or make other changes to your booking to make yourself eligible for it.) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Thanks guys for all your help. I do have one question why would you book know vs when the offers show up? I mean I just would like to make sure I get a good deal of possible. I am looking at either middle November before thanksgiving or second week in December I want to leave out in like a Wednesday and come back in a Tuesday if possible.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Thanks guys for all your help. I do have one question why would you book know vs when the offers show up? I mean I just would like to make sure I get a good deal of possible. I am looking at either middle November before thanksgiving or second week in December I want to leave out in like a Wednesday and come back in a Tuesday if possible.
I booked my vacation the first of this year for this summer. Since then I have received two different offers and just called up Disney and asked them to add the new discounts. It was no problem just some of my time.

Now this is just my opinion but i would leave the baby at home and just take the older two. I know this may be hard but in the long run you will have a better experience and so will your 2 and 6 year old. you wont have to worry quite so much about diapers and bottles and double strollers and naps and crying and baby food and the stress........ and to be honest shes not going to remember it anyway. The 2 year old will especially if you show him/her photos or videos afterwards. (at least that was my experience for my 2.5 year old on his first trip)

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Still keeping a eye out for the free dining plan to pop up and I'm booking. I am sure my wife won't leave the baby home. We left our little one last year. we had a good time of course but about 2nd day in we really missed the little guy I would rather just add another day or 2 to the vacation where we can go back to resort for rest. And just bring the kidos.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I recommend the 1st or 2nd week of December as far as crowds are. We did early December this last year and it was more crowded then years past and we found out it was bc AP Florida residence are blacked out after the 1st week of December.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I recommend the 1st or 2nd week of December as far as crowds are. We did early December this last year and it was more crowded then years past and we found out it was bc AP Florida residence are blacked out after the 1st week of December.
Pop Warner is usually there around that time, which makes the resorts a bit crazier with the kids and cheerleaders. I'd personally not go during that time :)

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I found the week before Thanksgiving to be a good time. The free meal plan is usually offered then and that might make sense. You can also enjoy the fall discounts as well. Plus the Christmas celebrations are in full force, so you'll not miss them. The crowds during that time, don't seem crushing as well.

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Thanks, I will keep a eye out for dinner to announce the free dining plans will probably ultimately help make my decision. We figured November or december. Does disney do any event for Christmas like they do for halo were with the mnsshp

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Thanks, I will keep a eye out for dinner to announce the free dining plans will probably ultimately help make my decision. We figured November or december. Does disney do any event for Christmas like they do for halo were with the mnsshp
Like others have said they do the MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). It is a lot of fun and very similar to the MNSSHP. If you go during this time make sure to plan time to walk some of the deluxe resorts. The decorations and life size (or very close to) gingerbread houses are absolutely amazing!!

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Like others have said they do the MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). It is a lot of fun and very similar to the MNSSHP. If you go during this time make sure to plan time to walk some of the deluxe resorts. The decorations and life size (or very close to) gingerbread houses are absolutely amazing!!

That sounds like fun, Last time we went we actually did not even make it to Animal Kingdom. We had so much fun at magic kingdom we did it 3 days and 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at Hollywood studios and 1 day in the resort. This time we are still deciding how we want to do it. i would definitely like a day at the resort again and to just go to Disney springs. I am almost positive we will have the baby with us. I do not see my wife leaving her for a week. so i am sure we will plan times to go back and rest at the resort as well. I watched some videos on MVMCP and it looks awesome as well. thanks for everyone help. I am watching Disney online and waiting to see a free dining plan pop up for November or December and i am going to jump on it. We had such a great time at Port Orleans Riverside i am sure i will just stay there again if that resort is one of the ones.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom