2016 Vacation Booked got a few ?

Brandon barr

Hey guys so i have been waiting for the free dining plan for a while for December. I was kind of bummed that POR was not on the list for December. My original dates i wanted to go was dec 7th to the 14th. I ended up getting the 13th through the 19th. I tossed around going the 10th through the 16th.

Last year was my first time to go to Disney and we had a blast. This year we know more of what to expect except we will be at a different resort. I was wanting to know how Coronado Springs is compared to POR and we also just got a stranded room? also last year we went to MNSSHP and it was a fun event. is the MVMCP just as good and worth going to? one last question judging on the prices of the flights if i decided to stay one more day say to the 20th or even go one more day early like the 12th could i call and add a day? I didn't know with that promotion filling up fast what the deal is. Also we will be flying southwest and they have not released the December times yet. I am hoping to go early Tuesday and get to Orlando by 11 Am if possible. How busy is this time of the year? Last year we went on October 7th- 13th and it was not to terribly bad.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
image.jpeg
POR was actually included. They went fast though. I saw several folks that actually snagged one. Sorry you missed out on POR. Only 3 bed Villas, Mermaid Rooms at AOA , and poly bungalows was excluded. See the exclusions at the bottom of the Flyer. :)

EDIT: totally forgot POR was only until 10/1!!!! Sorry! Oops! :cyclops:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sxeensweet

And forgot to add our fave time to go is December! We love the MVMCP and have gone MNSSHP too and love that one as well. We have done both quite a few times. We always do whichever one we are there for during our trips.
Another thing you won't want to miss out on is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, Castle Lights at MK, Holidays around the world at Epcot, decor at all the deluxe resorts, and all the Gingerbread displays at several of the deluxe resorts like Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, etc. They sell special goodies at all of those as well by the displays or even in them at Grand Floridian! You will love going at this time if you have not before! :D

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We love Coronado Springs! We have stayed at every moderate resort and CSR is definitely are favorite. We stayed at POR in Sept and while I liked it, I just find the resort to be just too big for my liking. CSR in big, but nowhere near the size of POR. CSR has such a relaxing tropical atmosphere. We always only book standard when we stay at CSR. With that said, our favorite section of the resort is the Cabanas section. building 8B to be exact. It is right across the pathway to the Dig Site pool, the Cabana bus stop is right there and the walk to El Centro (main building) is only a short 5 min stroll at the most. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
And forgot to add our fave time to go is December! We love the MVMCP and have gone MNSSHP too and love that one as well. We have done both quite a few times. We always do whichever one we are there for during our trips.
Another thing you won't want to miss out on is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, Castle Lights at MK, Holidays around the world at Epcot, decor at all the deluxe resorts, and all the Gingerbread displays at several of the deluxe resorts like Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, etc. They sell special goodies at all of those as well by the displays or even in them at Grand Floridian! You will love going at this time if you have not before! :D
Dang it sounds like I need to stay a few extra days I wish I could get off work and stay 2 weeks. I can't wait to see the setups. What is the weather usually like in December.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Dang it sounds like I need to stay a few extra days I wish I could get off work and stay 2 weeks. I can't wait to see the setups. What is the weather usually like in December.

It varies GREATLY much like our weather here at that time in south Louisiana!! We have had 40-90 degrees and sometimes all temps in one trip! Usually not much rain though but the temps are bi-polar!! Even if you watch the extended weather forecast that does not always help as the weather can change its mind at any moment! Lol. I have seen the forecast keep changing every day I was watching it leading to my trip and on the trip. Best advice pack for all weather and bring layers.
And yes more time at WDW the better especially at this time of year it's that much more magical! We love it! :)

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
We love Coronado Springs! We have stayed at every moderate resort and CSR is definitely are favorite. We stayed at POR in Sept and while I liked it, I just find the resort to be just too big for my liking. CSR in big, but nowhere near the size of POR. CSR has such a relaxing tropical atmosphere. We always only book standard when we stay at CSR. With that said, our favorite section of the resort is the Cabanas section. building 8B to be exact. It is right across the pathway to the Dig Site pool, the Cabana bus stop is right there and the walk to El Centro (main building) is only a short 5 min stroll at the most. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks. I am sure we will enjoy it. we will have our hands full with a 5 year old and 2 babies. but we only took the 5 year old last year and it may have been easier but it was hard to leave the kido home so they will be here this year and we will work around it lol.

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
It varies GREATLY much like our weather here at that time in south Louisiana!! We have had 40-90 degrees and sometimes all temps in one trip! Usually not much rain though but the temps are bi-polar!! Even if you watch the extended weather forecast that does not always help as the weather can change its mind at any moment! Lol. I have seen the forecast keep changing every day I was watching it leading to my trip and on the trip. Best advice pack for all weather and bring layers.
And yes more time at WDW the better especially at this time of year it's that much more magical! We love it! :)

Thanks and yes i live in West Texas. we can have hot sun and freezing rain all in same day so we are kind of use to that. haha, I may call and see if i can add just one more day to the vacation but i am not sure they will let me or not, i kept bouncing back and forth from 5 full days or 6. know i wish i did 6. I don't think you can change stuff like that online.

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
well i am booked from DEC 13th to the 19th i keep thinking about switching it to the 12th to the 19th for one extra day. what do you guys think. my main concern is my son missing 6 days of school but he will be in the 1st grade.

i am wondering if i change it know to add that one last day is is just about 200 more and that is not bad considering the dining is free. that will give me from Monday to Monday but of course both Mondays are pretty much travel days. what is your opinion. I am wondering if i should add that extra day know and if for some reason i change my mind can i remove that extra day? Thanks

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Hey guys just a update I actually called and moved my dates from Dec 10th to Dec 17th. I am going to try to get a early flight that sat am and get to the resort by 1 to go have dinner and fireworks a park hopefully. Then I have 6 full days to do whatever and go back home Saturday around lunch time. I'm glad I called to add the extra day. I ended up with a standard room still the prefered room was a little more then 500 more. I'd rather spend that money in park. I just got my mvmcp tickets as well for Dec 13th. Know I have a super long wait. Lol

Last year (our first year to go) we didn't even make it to animal kingdom so I'll get a day there this year. Know I'm waiting for that 180 day mark to start making some dining plans. Did I mess up by not getting prefered room? And what park is the closest to coranado springs?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom