2016 Sounds Like Summer concert series

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Given that this is year #11 for this concert series, it has nothing to do with the hot mess in Shanghai.

But nice try at twisting something to fit your world view.

Wrong - This is the FIRST year that 'tribute bands' are the majority instead of real acts, No Springsteen was NEVER going to play there, But at one time there was a lineup which was similar to the Garden Rocks series.

Figment82

Wrong - This is the FIRST year that 'tribute bands' are the majority instead of real acts, No Springsteen was NEVER going to play there, But at one time there was a lineup which was similar to the Garden Rocks series.

I'm not sure what you are talking about - the Sounds Like Summer concert series has always been cover bands. Trust me, I've been going every year since they started in 2006. F&G and F&W have the actual bands, summer is for the tribute bands - many of which are just as good (Stayin' Alive, for example).

I'm very much looking forward to the Fleetwood Mac group - sounds like they put on a great show!

fillerup

Thanks for setting me straight on this. I've seen every group that's ever performed in this series and never knew they were the actual gorups working under assumed names.

That means that the group that played the first week and last week in 2006 and called themselves Transit Authority was actually Chicago.

And the Hotel California group that played two weeks straight in the middle of the summer was actually the Eagles.

And in 2007, when we went out for beers with a couple of the musicians and their wives, we were at Bennigans with Glen Frey and Don Henley and didn't know it. And I never got an autograph.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom