2016 - HHN Dates

Pixie VaVoom

Original Poster
Odd situation, I have to use up a week of timeshare and my "amusement park line hater" hubby has suggested Orlando. Out last Florida trip 2 years ago was mostly Disney parks, and 2 days of r+r and souveneir shopping near Celebration. He doesn't really want to visit the "mouse" again so soon - he got p!$$@d at the recent price gouges, and all the construction. So we are definitely waiting until Avatar and Star Wars projects are completed. I am Ok with that. He has suggested maybe a "Universal" based vacation.

Only 2 things are sticking points for me. 1) Some of the meds I take make me overheat badly- so I don't want to go any earlier than Mid-Sept, after the heat of the summer. But I have other time constraints - so my travel window ends with the first week of November. 2) I have to admit to being a big lilly livered chicken - I mean I even watch "Creature from the Black Lagoon" from under a blanket - So I am really NOT interested in the HHN events.

Soooo - can anyone give me dates for the HHN. And how does it work, does take over BOTH parks?? Does it spill over into the daytime hours??

i have only been to Universal Hollywood for one day, so I feel like I am batting blindfolded here. Appreciate any help any one could give. Is September/October a wretched crowd time??

Also does anyone know of any timeshare resort that is closer to Uni that to Disney??

PinnySmart

Odd situation, I have to use up a week of timeshare and my "amusement park line hater" hubby has suggested Orlando. Out last Florida trip 2 years ago was mostly Disney parks, and 2 days of r+r and souveneir shopping near Celebration. He doesn't really want to visit the "mouse" again so soon - he got p!$$@d at the recent price gouges, and all the construction. So we are definitely waiting until Avatar and Star Wars projects are completed. I am Ok with that. He has suggested maybe a "Universal" based vacation.

Only 2 things are sticking points for me. 1) Some of the meds I take make me overheat badly- so I don't want to go any earlier than Mid-Sept, after the heat of the summer. But I have other time constraints - so my travel window ends with the first week of November. 2) I have to admit to being a big lilly livered chicken - I mean I even watch "Creature from the Black Lagoon" from under a blanket - So I am really NOT interested in the HHN events.

Soooo - can anyone give me dates for the HHN. And how does it work, does take over BOTH parks?? Does it spill over into the daytime hours??

i have only been to Universal Hollywood for one day, so I feel like I am batting blindfolded here. Appreciate any help any one could give. Is September/October a wretched crowd time??

Also does anyone know of any timeshare resort that is closer to Uni that to Disney??
Hate to be a downer but September is just as hot as August. And last October was miserable down here. And this Summer and Fall are forecasted to be worse. And Uni has increased prices just as Disney has. If price gouging is an issue maybe try a Six Flags park. Universal Studios park will close at 5 pm on HHN. Islands of Adventure is normally not involved unless things change this year. Dates will probably be announced by July.

JT3000

You'll be going during the slow season, so the parks will close relatively early regardless of HHN. That being said, IOA will be open slightly longer, since only USF hosts the event.

If you want to avoid the heat of summer, I'm afraid you'll have to come during our fall season... in December.

Pixie VaVoom

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, guys. Yeah - I do't know if that heat is going to just kill it for me...this is going to take a LOT of thought.

gobstoper27

I went to Universal the 2nd week of October last year on a HHN night and the weather was actually decent. I have previously dealt with the May heat @ Universal years ago and this was nothing like it.We also were there on a Saturday and Sunday. The crowds were not bad at all. Also HHN is only limited to the one park. You wouldn't even know it was Halloween season at Islands of Adventure. If you don't plan on park hopping, I would go to Universal Studios at gate opening and stay until they close at 5 for HHN. Then on your next full day, go to Islands of Adventures and hang out there all day. they close at 7 or 8.Since you have to have a special ticket for HHN, chances are you wont even really see any of the event or scary things as it doesn't spill over into the daytime hours:) They are top notch when it comes to kicking people out of that park for that event. The dates are up BTW..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom