2013 points charts!

DebbieL

Original Poster
I got an e-mail a few days back from DVC, but assuming it was junk, I didn't open it right away. Turns out, the e-mail was saying that 2013 points charts are now available at dvcmember.com. Go check it out! :)

Pioneer Hall

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't get an email about this, so I appreciate you passing on the info. Doesn't seem like the changes are all that extreme, and for me kind of help a bit with the planning when I usually like to use my points.

Captain Chaos

I got an e-mail a few days back from DVC, but assuming it was junk, I didn't open it right away. Turns out, the e-mail was saying that 2013 points charts are now available at dvcmember.com. Go check it out! :)

I didn't get an email either... Thanks for pointing this out... All I got was the letter accompanying the 2012 planning book saying the 2013 points will be available in January online and in print form in February...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I got the email, as well. Saratoga and Bay Lake took a good shake up. For my times of the year and studios Saratoga benefits me. No change in OKY or AKL.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I got the email explaining the changes. Here is what it said, for those interested:

Dear Member,

As you plan your travels, please note that Disney Vacation Club has adjusted the 2013 Vacation Point Charts for Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

The adjustments to the Bay Lake Tower chart stem from a scheduled reassignment of 10 rooms from Theme Park View to Standard View effective Jan. 1, 2013. This shift is based on Member and Guest feedback, and is designed to better reflect the rooms' views. At Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the Vacation Points required for Treehouse Villas are increasing based on high Member demand.

Increases and decreases within these two Resorts' charts keep the total number of Vacation Points for each Resort unchanged.

Printed charts will appear in a supplement to the annual Vacation Planner Reservation Tools book, scheduled to begin mailing early this spring. In the meantime, you may view the charts by clicking on the "View Vacation Points Charts" link in the "Plan My Vacation" section of the Disney Vacation Club website.

Also remember that the new Disney Vacation Club Resort online booking tool is scheduled to debut on DVCMember.com on Jan. 19, further enhancing the magic of Membership!

DebbieL

Original Poster
And no changes to BWV (the 1BR's, at least; this is what I always book, so I didn't look at the other room categories).

Captain Chaos

So wait, they took 10 theme park view rooms and made them standard views??? And I noticed the Tree House Villas are a bit more expensive, point-wise.

Pioneer Hall

So wait, they took 10 theme park view rooms and made them standard views??? And I noticed the Tree House Villas are a bit more expensive, point-wise.

That's what it sounds like. There were some rooms on a lower floor (I think 5th) that were classified at theme park view when you really have a bad view of the MK. You were below the tree line and couldn't get a good view of wishes which is what most people want those rooms for. My guess is that A LOT of people complained about they decided that it was best for them to reclassify the rooms, which in my opinion is a benefit for the members.

tjkraz

Previously rooms as low as the third floor were classified as theme park view at Bay Lake Tower. DVC did not provide any specifics (other than the 10 room count) and I have not looked into it personally but it's been suggested that this change would move third and fourth floor rooms to Standard View.

Benefit to members is that there will be more Standard View rooms (lower cost) and technically one could book a room that was previously classed as Theme Park View for Standard points.

But to offset the changes, most villas went up 1-2 points per night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom