2013 D23 Expo: Your Predictions

RSoxNo1

Which would be a huge mistake, since I'd be willing to be 98+% of the people who go to the Expo will never actually experience that park.

Yeah that was my argument as well - there's very little to focus on the overseas parks at this type of event.

I had an incredible time at the Expo & Disneyland/DCA!

Trust me, with all the complaints Disney is getting about the lack of announcements and the lines, they will definitely work on the overall management of the event. I predict it will yet again be bigger & better, and it will be more organized

I had a great time too - the problem is there was an expectation of announcements and those expectations weren't met. As such, people are going to complain.

I think even if Disney were to preface the next expo by saying that there will be no announcements, only updates, people would still expect announcements.

llrain

looks like d23 missed out on a great announcement. Thought D23 was a resource for things like this. This avatar announncement to some is almost
parallel with the fle expansion. Glad again i didnt join the rip off of what is called the d23

RunnerEd

Ummmm, I really meant to post this about 3 weeks ago but, um, I, um, kind of, you know, got busy and then my um, you know, I mean, my computer broke......kind of.

A bus drive just told a friend of mine (who is also a bus driver) that D23 2013 would feature concept art and maybe even some virtual ride through videos of a new land in the Animal Kingdom that is themed after Avatar! At least, that's what I'm hearing from my sources.

ryanduggers

looks like d23 missed out on a great announcement. Thought D23 was a resource for things like this. This avatar announncement to some is almost
parallel with the fle expansion. Glad again i didnt join the rip off of what is called the d23

Maybe that was why the parks presentation was shorter than planned. They didn't have all their T's crossed to make the announcement. That might be the reason it seemed lame.

wdwfan4ver

I have to change my prediction for 2013 D23 after the Avator announcement.

There still would discussion about the Snow white mine coaster, but Avatar will be talked also concerning WDW. I think the Park and resorts presentation would show concept art of the new land and possibly an announcement of an attraction. It is hard for me to picture anything else for WDW for 2013 D23.

Shanghai Disneyland will be talked about a lot at 2013 D23 and should reveal more information since the construction would be farther along by March 2013.

I really wouldn't know what is going on Disneyland at this point for 2013 D23.

RSoxNo1

I have to change my prediction for 2013 D23 after the Avator announcement.

There still would discussion about the Snow white mine coaster, but Avatar will be talked also concerning WDW. I think the Park and resorts presentation would show concept art of the new land and possibly an announcement of an attraction. It is hard for me to picture anything else for WDW for 2013 D23.

Shanghai Disneyland will be talked about a lot at 2013 D23 and should reveal more information since the construction would be farther along by March 2013.

I really wouldn't know what is going on Disneyland at this point for 2013 D23.

March of 2013 would likely feature construction updates of Seven Dwarf's Mine Train with the likely possibility of a large model of Pandora available at the Parks and Resorts pavilion.

Bairstow

WDI claims that they're still "blue skying" the whole Avatar project, but personally I'm skeptical of this claim.
I don't think they'd even have been in serious talks with Cameron for the rights to the property if they hadn't already done studies and drawn up fairly advanced plans and concepts. They'll keep the competition, and us fans in the dark for as long as they think prudent.

Supposedly, when Parks was in talks with Rowling competing with Universal for the Potter deal, they already had the multiple attraction plans fully conceptualized.

TP2000

I predict the WDW-based fan websites will suddenly all show up with booths now for 2013 D23 Expo! :lol:

Instead of just having the SoCal Disneyland-centric websites like Miceage and Mouseplanet there with booths and celebrity appearances on the exhibit floor, I imagine more WDW-centric websites will make the trek out to Anaheim in 18 months to have a presence at D23 Expo.

RSoxNo1

I predict the WDW-based fan websites will suddenly all show up with booths now for 2013 D23 Expo! :lol:

Instead of just having the SoCal Disneyland-centric websites like Miceage and Mouseplanet there with booths and celebrity appearances on the exhibit floor, I imagine more WDW-centric websites will make the trek out to Anaheim in 18 months to have a presence at D23 Expo.

Orlando Attractions Magazine and WDW Radio Show were there.

I've discussed it with a few people as a possibility for 2013 but honestly I'd rather be touring the Expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom