2011 Flower Power Concert Series line-up

bgraham34

I told my mother in law about it and we are going to be there when Jose Feliciano will be there and she wants to see him. Well not I ...

cinderellafan6

What a great line up this year. I have never spent the time listening to the concerts in the park and I think I might this year. Is it as bad and as CROWDED as the candelight recessional at Christmas time?? That was a complete zoo this past December. I couldnt even get pass the crowded line to get to my ADR's in Italy.

fillerup

I told my mother in law about it and we are going to be there when Jose Feliciano will be there and she wants to see him. Well not I ...

The first year Feliciano performed, we had zero interest in going. Besides his awful Christmas song, the only other one we knew was light my fire.

We went anyway. He's awesome. An absolute virtuoso and we never miss him now. No guitar pick, just his fingers.

You can expect to hear classical guitar, rock and roll, bluegrass, jazz, soul, country. He has it all.

What a great line up this year. I have never spent the time listening to the concerts in the park and I think I might this year. Is it as bad and as CROWDED as the candelight recessional at Christmas time?? That was a complete zoo this past December. I couldnt even get pass the crowded line to get to my ADR's in Italy.

No, the crowds don't compare. We see every artist, most of them on two nights, some of them all three. The theater rarely fills, and for the second and third sets, you can usually get very good seats right up to showtime.

The "Pro"

While I do like some of the line up, I'm not a big fan of the new additions.

What ever happened to the Grass Roots, BJ Thomas, David Cassidy, or the Turtles? I've seen each of them and they all played to a pretty big crowd.

Not sure if Tony Orlando has been there the last couple of years either.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'll be seeing the Guess Who.

I would have loved to see Petula Clark last year, but wasn't there at the right time. Too bad she's not back this year.

bb&h

Herman's Hermits had several hits, but "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone" wasn't one of them. That was the Monkees.

Monorail Lime

I'll be there for "Starship Starring Mickey Thomas", not that I have any idea who or what that is.

Will additional artists be added later on to fill the empty days on the schedule, such as April 4-6?

fillerup

Herman's Hermits had several hits, but "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone" wasn't one of them. That was the Monkees.

Steppin Stone was first recorded by Paul Revere and the Raiders, although the Monkees had a bigger hit with it.

Expect the Raiders to play it in some form or another this March at Epcot.

I'll be there for "Starship Starring Mickey Thomas", not that I have any idea who or what that is.

Will additional artists be added later on to fill the empty days on the schedule, such as April 4-6?

Starship is the successor band to Jefferson Starship, which was the second incarnation of Jefferson Airplane.

Hits such as White Rabbit, Somebody to Love, Jane, & We Built this City on Rock and Roll.

We love this group. They've been at Epcot for both Flower Power and Food & Wine for the last few years.

SleepingMonk

Wow, nothing shows the difference between park demos quite like comparing that list with the Universal Mardi Gras concerts.

From hip-hop to broken hips.

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom