2009 crowds vs 2008 crowds

glingo

For those that usually go at the same time of year every year what have the crowds this year been like this year as compared to the past? Listening to the news they make it sound like no one is traveling so I just wondered if it is having any effect on Disney or not? We usually go in the off season, September or January. We were there in September of 2008 and it was about the same, but that was before the news started all their doom and gloom stories.
I am going in early August this year so I have nothing to personally compare to from the past...wanted to go in September, but this year it's not a family trip. It's a mother/daughter trip and I am going with a friend who won't take her daughter out of school to go. At least with the buy 4 get 3 special we were able to stay at the Grand Flordian so we will be on the monorail, but I know that it will be more hot, humid, rainy, and crowded than I am used to. Do you think I will be disappointed or will the Disney Magic be all the same?

MickeyTheMouse

August and September are about the same crowd wise, it's during the summer so not many "snowbirds" are in WDW. But August is the end of the rainy season, but unless you really wanted to see the waterparks it should still have that magic!:wave:

I hope you have a great trip

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is going to be a little more crowded that you are used to and depending on when you are going in August you might catch Brazilian tour group season as well. You will still have a good time but you will want to get to the parks early...like around 30 minutes or more before opening. This will help you avoid some of the crowds.

Upvote 0

glingo

Original Poster
Thanks! I know I will love it just because I am there, but it is so much nicer when the crowd levels are lower.

When we have gone in late January there are always the Brazillian Tour groups there then too. It seems like Epcot is their favorite park.

Upvote 0

righttrack

Look at it this way. If there are less people travelling great distances to WDW, then the difference is made up of Floridians having staycations. It all evens out. Maybe resort vacancy is higher this year, if my theory holds, but not park attendance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom