2008 WDW Marathon Weekend Roll Call

SpongeScott

Who's running the races in January? Let us know!

What race are you doing and where will you be staying?

I'm running the half-marathon and will be staying two nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm running for Team ASK, a charity that helps severely disabled children.

Who else will be there?

gatordoc

This will be my first (and likely only) try at the Goofy. My goal is just to finish. Training has been going pretty well. I ran the Jacksonville half marathon a couple of weeks ago as it fell appropriately into my regimen, and actually ran a personal best. Here's hoping for cooler weather, though...

Upvote 0

Kwit35

This will be my first (and likely only) try at the Goofy. My goal is just to finish. Training has been going pretty well. I ran the Jacksonville half marathon a couple of weeks ago as it fell appropriately into my regimen, and actually ran a personal best. Here's hoping for cooler weather, though...

Good luck to you. I'll be thinking of everyone next weekend.

Upvote 0
I will be running the half this year. My DW will be doing the Goofy (i have bad jokes about that).

Anyway, this will be my first Disney half. I have done the full twice.
My DW has done the full 3 times and the half once.

My wife is a training mad woman......she is a coach for Friends In Training in South Florida.....

You will see them with a custom Goofy shirt I made......just look for the word "PAINFULL"

I will be running with the FIT team (almost all women....)
For the full, I will be the idiot screaming to encourage everyone with both of our sons.
My 5 year old is doing the kids race on Friday.

Good Luck to everyone.

Blue
You will not miss us, unless you are doing a 2:30.

Candy will be available near DHS.......

Upvote 0

kgray18

My husband and I will be running the half marathon and will be staying at Disney Beach Club. We are bringing our two kids (18mos. & 3) and plan on going to MK after the race. Hope my legs can handle it!! Adrenaline will get me through the day, right?!

Grandparents are coming too to watch the kids during the race...

I am so excited to run; it's the longest we have run; just hope the shin splints don't kill me.

Good luck to all the runners! run far, run fast, have a blast!

Upvote 0

Chape19714

I'll be working the Spectator Viewing Monorail on Saturday and a Coarse monitor on Sunday at Hollywood Studios. Anyone running in the full look for me somewhere in DHS.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Original Poster
My husband and I will be running the half marathon and will be staying at Disney Beach Club. We are bringing our two kids (18mos. & 3) and plan on going to MK after the race. Hope my legs can handle it!! Adrenaline will get me through the day, right?!

Grandparents are coming too to watch the kids during the race...

I am so excited to run; it's the longest we have run; just hope the shin splints don't kill me.

Good luck to all the runners! run far, run fast, have a blast!
Good luck with the race! Do you know what Wave you will be in?

Upvote 0

kgray18

The longest race we've completed is the 15K Gate River Run in Jacksonville, FL which wasn't long enough to get us in a specific pace wave. I think that means they stick us in the way back and we'll have to bob & weave for a while. My race number is 24517.

Upvote 0

urbanvegan

Doing the Full again this year & staying at Saratoga Springs.

I'm in the red start, Corral E - number 9234.

Best of luck to everyone running; and thank you to everyone volunteering!

See you at the finish line!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

coasterphil

I didn't realize that you could signup as a volunteer until it was too late, so I won't actually be working any of the marathon activities. Those of you having fun on Friday and Saturday before killing yourself on Sunday will get to see me in my normal role though, so I guess I'm kinda participating. Good luck to all the runners!

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Original Poster
The longest race we've completed is the 15K Gate River Run in Jacksonville, FL which wasn't long enough to get us in a specific pace wave. I think that means they stick us in the way back and we'll have to bob & weave for a while. My race number is 24517.
26265 here. Looks like we're in the same wave. Have a great race!

Upvote 0
Running my first 1/2 Marathon after running the Gate River Run in Jacksonville, FL for the last 4 years...can't wait to run through the empty parks!!!

Good luck to everyone participating!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom