2008 International Food & Wine Festival Changes?

mickeysaver

Original Poster
I was looking at the F&W Fest info on Disney's site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...dWineInternationalMarketplaceSpecialEventPage

And basically, I found that it looks like we are getting less stuff to nibble on this year. Roughly the same number of booths as last year, but only one dish per kiosk? :shrug: How is that supposed to be better than last year? :hammer: Or are they going to do each of the AREAS and serve the foods from a smaller number of booths? If so, I really hope they have more registers open and more serving lines, otherwise, this has potential to become really bad, especially when the overserved crowd gets going on Friday and Saturday nights. Does anyone have any input? TIA

AFRICA
Marrakesh, Morocco
Kefta
Cape Town, South Africa
Bobotie with Mango Chutney

LATIN AMERICA
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Grilled Beef with Chimichurri and Mashed Potatoes
Santiago, Chile
Spicy Beef Empanadas
Mexico City, Mexico
Quesadilla con Chorizo

ASIA
Shanghai, China*
New Delhi, India
Samosa with Tamarind Sauce
Tokyo, Japan
Spicy Tuna Roll

NORTH AMERICA
Montreal, Canada
Cheddar Cheese Soup
New Orleans, United States*
San Francisco, United States
Strawberry Shortcake
Boston, Hops & Barley
New England Lobster Roll

EASTERN EUROPE
Krakow, Poland
Potato Pierogies with Kielbasa, Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream
Istanbul, Turkey
Manti with Yogurt Sauce

PACIFIC RIM
Melbourne, Australia*
Wellington, New Zealand
Bay Scallops with Baby Greens and Cranberry Vinaigrette

CONTINENTAL EUROPE
Copenhagen, Denmark
Smorrebrod
Lyon, France*
Munich, Germany
Spaetzle with Creamy Mushroom Ragout
Athens, Greece
Spanakopita
Cork, Ireland
Irish Cheese Selection with Apple Chutney and Irish Soda Bread
Bologna, Italy*
Barcelona, Spain
Seared Tuna Loin with Roasted Red Peppers, Spicy Pepper Coulis and Garlic-Herb Ciabatta
Reims, Champagne
Champagnes and Chocolates
International Beers
Great Beers and Savory Snacks

CARIBBEAN
San Juan, Puerto Rico*

* Featured Flavor Coming Soon

Moustronaut

Quote from the link you posted:

"Each culinary destination showcases several different dishes for that region—and to wet your appetite, each marketplace is listed with a Signature Flavor."

So I think that's just a teaser menu and they will have the 2-3 food items at each booth like they usually do.

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Or are we to assume that the REGIONS/AREAS are going to house the various cities and there will only be the one dish to represent each of those cities and therefore cutting down on the need for all of the separate booths? I am really not a happy camper if they are doing this.

Captain Hank

Quote from the link you posted:

"Each culinary destination showcases several different dishes for that region—and to wet your appetite, each marketplace is listed with a Signature Flavor."

So I think that's just a teaser menu and they will have the 2-3 food items at each booth like they usually do.
I would tend to agree with that. It sounds like an incomplete teaser menu. It's a little early to have the entire menu planned out.

Mercy

Those dishes are all from F&W 2007. Are they going to serve the same stuff this year? You'd think they'd mix it up a bit.

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Those dishes are all from F&W 2007. Are they going to serve the same stuff this year? You'd think they'd mix it up a bit.

Yeah, I am hoping that they vary the menu a bit, not that I didn't enjoy Manti and Spaetzle, but I am hoping to try some new things too.

cindy_k

I also think they have last years stuff up.
I looked at that yesterday and they had Oklahoma listed as a special stop.
That was the special stop last year. I doubt they will showcase Oklahoma again... it will probably be a different state or country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom