2007 Christmas day parade info needed?

tigerw9

Original Poster
I have a question and was wondering if someone out there can help. I have been to WDW 6 times now, we just got back 2 days ago and miss the taping of the parade by 2 days (we got there on the Monday after). My wife wants to go back next December and see the taping. Can anyone tell me the day next December 2007 that the taping will take place before I make my reservations? Looking at the last two years, it has been the 1st Saturday in December. That would make it December 1, 2007. Can anyone with a little more info please let me know. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Blizz

I would guess that 1st weekend in December, but who knows. Disney could decide to change it up. I dont think that they are even thinking that far ahead yet.

Mystic

We did the Yuletide Fantasy tour while we were there recently and the guides told us it was filmed Fri Dec 1 and Sat Dec 2. They also said most of the people you see lining the route are CMs and that the taping is a very long and tedious process. You're expected to stand in your spot on Main Street for 8 hours each day as they do shot after shot after shot of the same float. They don't just run the parade and tape it. They will shoot one float, move it back and shoot it again then move it back and shoot it from a third completely different angle. And forget trying to navigate your way along Main Street the entire time it's taping.

pacochran

I don't think they plan that far in advance, but the last two years it's always been the first weekend in December.

I think this year from what I've heard they did it a little differently and that they taped the stars performances at different times. We were at WDW from 11/28 to 12/2 and someone we road the bus with saw Beyonce's performance being taped either Wednesday or Thursday, but most of the parade tapings were taking place the 1st and 2nd.

From what I've been told it's a zoo and try and avoid it.

AKidat50

Taping info

I was at WDW 11/26-12/1 for my 50th birthday present... last day there, 12/1, we spent the morning in MK and saw several takes of performances on Castle forecourt stage, American Idol singers, Michael Bolton, lots of kids in choir robes. Even though in a former life I worked for 15 years in local television production, this was one of the most boring things I have ever seen. Take after take after take of the same song, multiple cameras on cranes, booms, etc. The whole hub was disrupted, needless to say. And all performances of the regular show on that stage were canceled that day. If the parade taping is anything like this, avoid it at all costs!

Mystic

The 2 guides who did our tour and have both worked at Disney for over 15 years each, both said to avoid MK on parade taping days as the park becomes a complete zoo. We did just that as we were at the World that weekend. We only did MK Saturday night and spent the days in the other parks.

Jessie&Buzz

We arrived at WDW on Dec 2. After lunch at the resort we went to the MK. It was a mad house! By that time the taping was over but the crowd level was horrible. We only did a few thing before it was time for our dining reservation. I say avoid it if at all possible! We didn't think it would be that crowded.

Matpez

It isn't fun! The main parade down main street is just a tv production. We had to pre-register, then arrive at MK by 7:00. We were all let in at 8:30 and lined the street. The production didn't start until after 9:30 and it was take after take of the same thing. We left about 12:00 and they were not even halfway done.
I am in video production, but watching it being done was only fun for a bit... the rest was a horribly long boring process...plus, MK that day gets 6000 people let in for free...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom