2002 Winter Olympics

Lance

Original Poster
So, anyone excited about the Olympics. Opening ceromony tonite.

I always seem to enjoy the winter games, I'm the kind of person who can sit down and be interested in curling.

My favorite is s______d skating.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Lance
So, anyone excited about the Olympics. Opening ceromony tonite.

I always seem to enjoy the winter games, I'm the kind of person who can sit down and be interested in curling.

My favorite is s______d skating.

If anybody gets tape of Tom Brokaw saying...(or trying to say) "slalom" let me know....it will be priceless for sure...LoL Yeah, Tom..take another swig from your flask.

I dig watching the bobsleigh, luge, snowboarding, & ski jumping.

wdwcastwannabe

up here in canada, we take our curling very seriously, as well as our hockey...believe or not, not only are we not bored when we watch curling, we are EXTREMELY INTERESTED!

and have you guys seen our canadian uniforms??? the best in the games!!!

we also take our hockey very seriously,

and i personally think we might win gold there! as well as many speed skating gold medals from catriona le may doan and jeremy wotherspoon

and i am personally very interested in 2-man bobsled, although most canadians don't really care, but i used to bobsled (seriously), and canada won the last gold medal...so i will watch with great interest!

ok enough babbling!
tim:king:

tenchu

Originally posted by wdwcastwannabe
up here in canada, we take our curling very seriously, as well as our hockey...believe or not, not only are we not bored when we watch curling, we are EXTREMELY INTERESTED!

and have you guys seen our canadian uniforms??? the best in the games!!!

and i personally think we might win gold there! as well as many speed skating gold medals from catriona le may doan and jeremy wotherspoon

and i am personally very interested in 2-man bobsled, although most canadians don't really care, but i used to bobsled (seriously), and canada won the last gold medal...so i will watch with great interest!

ok enough babbling!

Britain's gonna beat you in the curling anyway. We rock at that game!

DanStat

I love curling!

We learned it in gym! Very fun!

I didn't know there was curling the the Olympics!:sohappy:

wdwcastwannabe

Originally posted by tenchu

Britain's gonna beat you in the curling anyway. We rock at that game!

dude! when's the last time canada has lost the world championships in curling??? 20 years ago??? never mind losing to britain!!! don't get me wrong, i love brits, but i don't know about this curling thing, but it is not very often that canada loses in curling...most of the world champions come from my hometown, there are at least 6 or 7 teams in my hometown alone that have the ability to and have won the world championships...i know the scots invented the game, but canadians revolutionized it! and they should win!...tenchu, would you care for a friendly wager??? :slurp:

Lance

Original Poster

and i personally think we might win gold there!

You may be right, but that's also what everyone thought in 98, Jagr and Hasek thought otherwise.

Only sure thing: The womens USA hockey team is going to cruise to GOLD.

Camelot

The opening ceremonies were interesting and very patriotic.

In the Winter Olympics, my favorite event is Figure Skating.

wdwcastwannabe

Originally posted by Lance

You may be right, but that's also what everyone thought in 98, Jagr and Hasek thought otherwise.

Only sure thing: The womens USA hockey team is going to cruise to GOLD.

that's true, but if the canadians have to play the czechs in the playoffs, it won't be until the finals...they will play in the round robin though, but one thing for sure, with gretzky at the helm of this year's team, we'll do alot better than in 98, don't forget either, we're due for a gold, even though we're considered the best country in the world as far as hockey goes, we never seem to be able to pull it off in the olympics, even when our teams are the best on paper, we haven't won since the 50s, so to say the least, we're due!

and you may be surprised in women's hockey...the last time we thought someone would cruise to gold, it was canada in 98, but they were upset by you guys! we'll have to wait and see on that one too

Lance

Original Poster

that's true, but if the canadians have to play the czechs in the playoffs, it won't be until the finals...they will play in the round robin though, but one thing for sure, with gretzky at the helm of this year's team, we'll do alot better than in 98, don't forget either, we're due for a gold, even though we're considered the best country in the world as far as hockey goes, we never seem to be able to pull it off in the olympics, even when our teams are the best on paper, we haven't won since the 50s, so to say the least, we're due!

and you may be surprised in women's hockey...the last time we thought someone would cruise to gold, it was canada in 98, but they were upset by you guys! we'll have to wait and see on that one too

Oh don't get me wrong, you guys should be the favorites, you have an unbelievable team on paper.

I only see 4 teams doing anything, Russia, Canada, US, and Czech rep.

I think the Swedes are done cause they don't got their golden boy Forsberg.

wdwcastwannabe

i agree with you everywhere except with the us...i love you guys, but your team lacks a bit of depth, and the finns might do something because they'll be inspired by saku koivu's having cancer to play a little over their heads...

Lance

Original Poster
The only thing we lack of course is at Goalie. Mike Richter, then it goes down hill. But Mike has a lot of Olympic experience so that shouldn't be a problem.

FutureCEO

Team USA has Bill Guerin, he is the greatest and Grezkty skip out on the best player in the league- Joe Thorton with a league high 63 points. So Canada is going down. The USA will win after their last win on home ice in 1980. i love the bruins-if you couldn't tell.

wdwcastwannabe

i highly disagree, the best player in the nhl right now is jarome iginla, who plays for my hometown CALGARY FLAMES! and leads the nhl in scoring, dude, this guys so good that when me and my friend go to the flames games, and there's 3 guys on iginla, we both say to each other "oh good, there's only 3 on iggy this time, he should be okay!" and it's true! he just works so hard, and you can tell by his points total!

thornton is a very close 2nd behind iginla, and naslund isn't there only because he's hot right now, he'll cool off again, iginla's been the leader in scoring all season...gretzky didn't take thornton because at the time he wasn't playing as well as the others he did take, but due to injuries, it appears as though a spot is now open for him

besides, if that wasn't the reason gretzky didn't take him, then i'm sure it would've been a good reason, likely to do with the international game

see the US doesn't take the big ice and different tempo of the game into consideration when they pick...see canada has so much depth, they could probably have 5 or 6 teams that are medal caliber teams, so they have the liberty of picking from MANY top-notch players to make a team that is perfect for the style of the international game...the states has no depth past one solid team, because of it, unfortunately, they can't be too picky about who may and may not be solid in the international game, they only have enough good players to worry about making a team with as many superstars as possible without worrying about the different style of game...

canada has too many superstars to choose from, so they can be picky about who can play international and who can't

does that make sense??? it does to me

Lance

Original Poster
Yea, Iginla is the best player, and Joe Thorton is the MVP.

I like Team USA's chances, I think the Pats showed everyone that you can't count anyone out. Anything can happen.

I love the team, it's the kind of team where a Mike York or a Brian Rolsten can end up making big plays.

Bill Guerin is the man, but I hate the Bruins management, so Bill Guerin will have a new home next season or possibly before the trade deadline.

And Team USA is HOME, always a big edge.

FutureCEO

Byron Dafoe and Guerin could be gone by March if the f****** Bruins management gets their way. I'll own the Bruins who cares how much money you have to shell out.:sohappy:
Personally, I would love to see a USA and Canada finals with USA winning of course. By the way, note to NBC, the olympic coverage sucks. The American hockey games will be on at midnight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom