$200 gift card with Disney Visa Credit Card

sbkline

I have one credit card and only need one credit card, so normally when I see a credit card offer in my mailbox, it goes straight in the trash. But for some reason, I got one from Disney today and decided to open it...perhaps because I wanted to just make sure it was "junk mail" and not that $631 refund check I'm expecting as a result of dumping the $500 gift card deal in exchange for the 35% off deal. When I opened it, I see that they are offering a free 200 Disney rewards points with the first use of this credit card, which can be redeemed for a $200 gift card. So I figured what the heck, I'll sign up for the card, use it once, get a 200 dollar gift card to use at WDW in April, then chuck the credit card in the garbage. There was no mention of a minimum amount to purchase, so I'm guessing I can just use it for a $20 DVD at Walmart in order to qualify for the gift card.

Anyway, the question I have in regards to WDW is, can I redeem the points for the gift card at one of the WDW resorts? WDW and DisneyLand were specifically mentioned in the offer as to places where this gift card can be used...theme park tickets, dining, etc. So is there anyone here who has taken advantage of this offer who can verify whether or not they can issue this gift cart at WDW, or must I redeem it ahead of time and take to WDW with me?

nroon

Thank you so much for the information. Your info in this thread (and this whole site really) has been great to dig through the past few days.

Upvote 0

lbrad

I have had A Disney (Chase) Visa Card "since day 1" ... that's what it says on my card.
I love it ... It has saved us thousands of $$$ ...literally!

It is very simple to get a Rewards card @ DTD .. call Chase Visa & have them transfer your points from the Visa credit card to the Rewards Card ... you can use it anywhere!!!

We had $1,500.00 dollars transferred to our rewards card ... we ate well for a week!!! And bought some awesome souviners.

Good Luck :wave:

Upvote 0

Chrim

Also, if you use your Disney Rewards Credit Card or the related card with the reward money on it when shopping at most Disney operated stores at WDW and Disneyland, you can get a 10% discount on store purchases. You must ask for the discount (it isn't advertised) and there is a minimum purchase amount (either $50 or $100, I think).

You can't just show the card; you must actually use it at the store for the purchase.

Some purchases are excluded (like DVDs, gift cards, park tickets, etc.). Also non-Disney stores are not likely to offer the discount.

Upvote 0

nroon

Got my card in - coolest card in my wallet now! :)

I've been trying to switch all of my monthly bills over to the card to earn my DDR Dollars. $85 towards a Disney trip every year just by paying my utilities??? Yes please!

Upvote 0

DisneyparkFreak

They are a pretty sweet deal, my wife and I both got 2 of them last year a piece for $150 so essentially we got 600 points. We just bought a pack of gum on each one and cancelled the cards once we transferred the points. We just got back and about 1/3 of our trip was paid for using these points. I'm crossing my fingers for more of them over the next 2 years until we have the chance to go again.

Upvote 0

njBadLands

Any chance I can call Chase/Disney to set this up?

I received this offer in the mail during the week. I put it to the side, but unbeknownst to me my lovely wife thought it was garbage (which most credit card offers are) and threw it out.

I was planning on filling it out today, as $200 free money for our trip in february would be great, but its buried somewhere in a garbage bag and I am not digging through garbage for it.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
They are a pretty sweet deal, my wife and I both got 2 of them last year a piece for $150 so essentially we got 600 points. We just bought a pack of gum on each one and cancelled the cards once we transferred the points. We just got back and about 1/3 of our trip was paid for using these points. I'm crossing my fingers for more of them over the next 2 years until we have the chance to go again.

Then you shouldn't have cancelled the cards. In two years time, you could probably have accumulated many more points than you would get using those introductory offers. I know credit cards can get you into trouble if you aren't careful, but the way I see it, you're buying gas and groceries no matter what, so you may as well put them on the credit card and accumulate some points. I have over 500 points accumulated since our April 2010 trip, and I'm hoping to have around 1,000 by the time we go in April 2013.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster

I received this offer in the mail during the week. I put it to the side, but unbeknownst to me my lovely wife thought it was garbage (which most credit card offers are) and threw it out.

I was planning on filling it out today, as $200 free money for our trip in february would be great, but its buried somewhere in a garbage bag and I am not digging through garbage for it.

Suggestions?

I know you don't want to do it, but my suggestion is to dig through the garbage. :lol: I've dug through the garbage to find the battery cover to the DVD remote, and other things. And I definitely would not be above doing some dumpster diving for 200 bucks. :D

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I know you don't want to do it, but my suggestion is to dig through the garbage. :lol: I've dug through the garbage to find the battery cover to the DVD remote, and other things. And I definitely would not be above doing some dumpster diving for 200 bucks. :D

When I got mine I happened to have stopped at home to get the mail before heading to school to pick up the kids. While I was sitting in the car reading the mail I ripped it in a bunch of pieces and put it in the car garbage. About a week later a light bulb went off and I retrieved it, taped it back together, and went online to apply. I agree - digging for $200 definitely (gross but) worth it.

Upvote 0

Frightful

If they just give you the points on your statement rather than automatically sending you the card, there's a Disney Visa booth in Downtown Disney where you can pick up your card.
According to this, you can also get one at the guest relations booth of any park, but I've never heard of anyone trying it before.
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/cardbenefits/waltdisneyworldresortbenefits.html

We got a blank card loaded with our points at MK Guest Relations in May. The CM knew exactly what we wanted and was very helpful.

Is Chase uber strict about the Disney card? I got my Platinum Plus World Points card from BoA with no problem but I was just denied the Disney Rewards Visa. I monitor my credit score and there seems to be no reason for this except extraordinarily high standards.

I was greatly surprised to find a $200 offer addressed to me, and more surprised to be approved for the card. I'm a student with a paltry income, but my credit score is in the low range of "excellent." I forgot to put my offer code on the application so I called Chase, and they at first told me I was denied, but apparently they just wanted me to verify the recent addresses I put down. So it could be something minor :shrug:

Upvote 0

Emileesmommy

Just called and got the card today!! Were leaving for disney in 7 weeks. They said my credit card will be here in 2 weeks and I already transfered a balance to it (so I have used the card to get the $200 gift card). I am a bit confussed I was thinking I was getting a credit card then an additional $200 gift card was going to come....from reading this the $200 will be on my credit card and I have to swich it to a gift card on my own is this correct??

Upvote 0

lbrad

Just called and got the card today!! Were leaving for disney in 7 weeks. They said my credit card will be here in 2 weeks and I already transfered a balance to it (so I have used the card to get the $200 gift card). I am a bit confussed I was thinking I was getting a credit card then an additional $200 gift card was going to come....from reading this the $200 will be on my credit card and I have to swich it to a gift card on my own is this correct??

You are correct. You will need to have your points "transferred/put on to" a Chase Rewards Disney Redemption Card ... simple phone call :wave:

Upvote 0

Epcotfan21

Suggestions?

Yea, I would call and tell them. Or the other thing you could try is going to the Chase website and see if they have an option of "offers for you" or something like that and you would then be able to sign up for the card/offer over the net.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom