$200 down payment question...

DisneyGirl3820

Hi, when I pay for the vacation with the initial $200, do they charge the card right away or charge me closer to the vacation. I'm about 11 months out so I was curious. Thank you.

MickeyMomV

Did you only book a room? If you book just a room, then they charge you one night's stay. If you book a package (room, tickets, etc.) then you only pay $200.
From my experience its $200 or the amount of 1 nights stay regardless if it is a package or just hotel. If @JENN SMITH is staying deluxe the amount would make sense. If she is staying Mod or Value then the deposit seems a little high.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Mine said that too. I made the reservation on 9/26 but it said deposit was due by 9/29 even though they had already charged me lol. Weird...
Maybe their system is seeing a delay between the payments system and the reservation system? With the promo's opening up this week it may be in overload! Did you ever get the payment confirmation email?

Upvote 0

KCheatle

From my experience its $200 or the amount of 1 nights stay regardless if it is a package or just hotel. If @JENN SMITH is staying deluxe the amount would make sense. If she is staying Mod or Value then the deposit seems a little high.

We've stayed at deluxes that were much higher than $200 per night, but by booking the reservation as a package I still only paid $200 as a down payment. I've never done a room only. But, I've heard that it's one night's stay as a deposit.

Upvote 0

JennSmith

Maybe their system is seeing a delay between the payments system and the reservation system? With the promo's opening up this week it may be in overload! Did you ever get the payment confirmation email?
Yes, I got that email either yesterday or day before...can't remember. I think it was Monday :)

Upvote 0

R W B

Yea we booked our package Monday, paid the $200 deposit then, got an email right after saying the deposit was due Oct 1st although we were already charged and then we got a confirmation email yesterday acknowledging the deposit payment.

The whole thing was odd lol.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

We've stayed at deluxes that were much higher than $200 per night, but by booking the reservation as a package I still only paid $200 as a down payment. I've never done a room only. But, I've heard that it's one night's stay as a deposit.
I don't know then. When we stayed at AKL with a package the deposit was just under $400. We rounded up to make the math easier. Maybe the cast member was having an off day and told us the wrong amount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom