$200 down payment question...

DisneyGirl3820

Hi, when I pay for the vacation with the initial $200, do they charge the card right away or charge me closer to the vacation. I'm about 11 months out so I was curious. Thank you.

Corylancaster

Hi, this is my first post but i have been reading for a long time.
Anyway, my question is on this same topic but in regards to the final payment....After you make the deposit can you make smaller payments leading up to the date the final payment is due or is it just the deposit and then final payment? My wife and I have gone many times and normally just paid in full but we're wondering about this before we book our trip for next year.

Upvote 0

Jahona

Anyway, my question is on this same topic but in regards to the final payment....After you make the deposit can you make smaller payments leading up to the date the final payment is due or is it just the deposit and then final payment? My wife and I have gone many times and normally just paid in full but we're wondering about this before we book our trip for next year.

You can make several payments leading up to your due date. You don't have to pay your remaining balance all at once after your initial deposit.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

You can make as many as you want up to 45 days before you arrive. We pay with the discounted gift cards from Sam's Club. Usually its about 90-100 gift cards or payments in total. The email they send you showing all of your payments is usually a couple of pages long. :)

Upvote 0

Corylancaster

You can make as many as you want up to 45 days before you arrive. We pay with the discounted gift cards from Sam's Club. Usually its about 90-100 gift cards or payments in total. The email they send you showing all of your payments is usually a couple of pages long. :)

Do you have to call in the make payments with gift cards, or is that option also available online? I'd always wondered if those could be used to pay for the room or not...

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Do you have to call in the make payments with gift cards, or is that option also available online? I'd always wondered if those could be used to pay for the room or not...
There is an option to use gift cards online, but you can only put one in at a time, then you have to start the whole payment process over.

Upvote 0

JennSmith

Funny thing happened this weekend. We were driving home from WDW and I was super sad...decided to call and ask about possible bounce back offer. I was surprised that they offered us one since nothing was ever shoved under the door. Anyway, we booked the package and she said I'd have to pay the 200.00 deposit but she actually charged like 432.00 or something. I don't care because it has to be paid regardless but I thought it was odd. We also do the gift card thing when it comes to payments. It wasn't until last month though that I became aware of the fact that you can consolidate the gift cards and then just pay with one. It does become tedious to pay with numerous cards because you have to start over each time like a previous poster srated. Consolidating and then paying once has to be faster...at least I'm hoping that's the case for this next stay!

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

As others replied you can do it all online. I just set the laptop up on the coffee table in the living room and enter them at night while watching TV. It is really not bad and for the 4-5% savings it is worth the time.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Funny thing happened this weekend. We were driving home from WDW and I was super sad...decided to call and ask about possible bounce back offer.
When is your Bounce Back Offer for? We are there in 2 weeks and we just signed up for the Dark Side 10k in April. We are hoping for a bounce back offer while we are there. Hoping for something more than the 15-25% off room discount.

Upvote 0

JennSmith

When is your Bounce Back Offer for? We are there in 2 weeks and we just signed up for the Dark Side 10k in April. We are hoping for a bounce back offer while we are there. Hoping for something more than the 15-25% off room discount.
Don't quote me on this because I could BARELY understand the woman. The whole time I was on the phone it sounded like everyone was under water. I was praying that I didn't get disconnected and was afraid if I called back I wouldn't be given the offer, (ya know since nothing was ever shoved under our door). I THINK she said the dates were for MAY and then some month, (maybe July?), through like the VERY beginning of October. She also mentioned there were blackout dates in July at one point. Seriously as soon as I got home I called back just to make sure everything was correct because the call quality was so AWFUL. They swore they could hear my fine but I could barely make out what they were saying lol.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Funny thing happened this weekend. We were driving home from WDW and I was super sad...decided to call and ask about possible bounce back offer. I was surprised that they offered us one since nothing was ever shoved under the door. Anyway, we booked the package and she said I'd have to pay the 200.00 deposit but she actually charged like 432.00 or something. I don't care because it has to be paid regardless but I thought it was odd. We also do the gift card thing when it comes to payments. It wasn't until last month though that I became aware of the fact that you can consolidate the gift cards and then just pay with one. It does become tedious to pay with numerous cards because you have to start over each time like a previous poster srated. Consolidating and then paying once has to be faster...at least I'm hoping that's the case for this next stay!

Did you only book a room? If you book just a room, then they charge you one night's stay. If you book a package (room, tickets, etc.) then you only pay $200.

Upvote 0

JennSmith

Did you only book a room? If you book just a room, then they charge you one night's stay. If you book a package (room, tickets, etc.) then you only pay $200.
No we booked the whole thing! Room, park tickets, dining package. Like I said, I don't care - it was just weird. :)

Upvote 0

R W B

I just booked a package yesterday and the confirmation email I got said the deposit is due by Oct 1st but yet the $200 was already charged to my card (I checked my CC). I thought that was odd. I plan to call wdw back tonight and ask about this because I want to make sure my trip is booked. Anyone have something like this?

Upvote 0

R W B

Mine said that too. I made the reservation on 9/26 but it said deposit was due by 9/29 even though they had already charged me lol. Weird...
Weird indeed lol. I've never put a deposit down before, just always waited til I could pay in full so I guess this is a normal thing? I have no idea lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom