20,000 leagues

swacky78

When I took the keys to the kingdom tour I was told that they can not drain the lagoon perminately because the magic kingdom was designed so that the water is pumped from the reedy creek to a treatment plant, then the treated water is pumped into the lagon and then flows through pipes to the moat in front of the castle which flows into the jungle cruise ride, then is piped over to the lake next to thunder mountain, then flows through a canal to main lake in front of the magic kingdom which is man made, then flows into the natural lake on the other side of the contemporary and then back into the reedy creek.

niteobsrvr

Re: Re: 20,000 leagues

Originally posted by JEDI1138
The ride vehicles have now been laid to rest. Hope this covers it.

Out of curiosity, were the subs shipped out for scrap? I knew they disappeared between spring 2002 and November 2002 but was unclear what became of them. Although I did see some parts for sale on E-bay directly from Disney.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Ladders are 1337!

1@|)|)375 |2U13!

I love 1337 speak.

Now what I love?

English...speak it on these boards please....leet speak stopped being cool 5 years ago....catch up with the times.

If you want to know what's going on (In detail) with the 20k lagoon...do a search.....there are in-depth details....

And for the record....I HATE a guy who brags that he knows something but can't tell....tell us or shut up.

Lee

Adventurer
For the record, the lagoon CAN be drained, but not without considerable hassle. It's not on top of any part of the Utilidor, but beside it. Leaking however, is possible.

As for knowing something and not telling, last time I did that, some nice people got into trouble. I'll leave the bean spilling to others.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by meanmice
Is the water stagnet?

Not in the slightest... it is FULLY circulated and currently part of the filtering system... but (contrary to what SO MANY ppl seem to believe) it could be removed from that loop with no problems. The hard part is actually doing something with the former attraction.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Lee
As for knowing something and not telling, last time I did that, some nice people got into trouble. I'll leave the bean spilling to others.

All I ask is that if you can't tell us everything, don't tell us anything..all you do is purposely draw attention to yourself - a pet peeve of mine.

Ever think that there are others that know exactly the same thing that you know but they know enough to shut up about it?

Dayma

Why remove the water if you can put an attraction there? I bet there are still trying to decide what to put there.

TrevEG

Wow. Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today. :lol: Let's just be patient about this. Everyone that does know has told us that wheels are in motion and that everyone will know very shortly. Gotta love the suspense. :)

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Fievel
All I ask is that if you can't tell us everything, don't tell us anything..all you do is purposely draw attention to yourself - a pet peeve of mine.

Ever think that there are others that know exactly the same thing that you know but they know enough to shut up about it?

People were speculating about the lagoon, and all I said was to stay tuned, things are happening.
I wasn't trying to draw attention to myself, nor was I trying to sound like a know-it-all. I was only trying to help. Some people appreciate a little info, rather than none at all, I know I do.

Sorry if I bothered you.

diznee2003

i agree fievel. lee if you know something but can't say, i suggest you not say anything at all because all you'll end up doing is making a lot of people very angry! that kind of stuff really urks me!! grr hiss. ok i'm done. maybe i'm an exception, but i kind of like the 20,000 lagoon. it is kind of a reminder of how things used to be. as for draining it, i'm sure it could be done if they wanted it done. (but of course i'm not an engineer, lol :lol: )

Mikejakester

Original Poster
Wow..
What debate came out of this thing!
hahahaha

in that case.
Just tell me... and I'll do the spilling for you...
:lol: :king: :p

All I know is that there is a lot, and I mean alot of space back there... it's an open space all the way to "Floridian Way", All tho.. I don't think they will exend it that far.

But it's time Fantasy Land get's it own little toy to compete with Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and thunder Railroad.

Dayma

People were speculating about the lagoon, and all I said was to stay tuned, things are happening.

Dont pay attention to some people. If you want to post a msg on these boards go ahead.....its not like u said "i know something u dont know na na na na"....

Mikejakester

Original Poster
I was searching on the web and came across this in search attempt
:lol:

I bet this is going to bring some debate

UPDATE: anon 12 AUG 98 REPORTED: Adrian Ofman 17 AUG 99 The 20,000 leagues under the sea ride will be transformed into Fire Mountain. ...

i've ting I heard something like this before,
But
we are in the year 2003
and they haven't done anything to the lagooon

Does anyone know if the coral under the water is still there?

meanmice

Originally posted by Mikejakester

Does anyone know if the coral under the water is still there?

From what I've heard from others, as I have posed this question before, is that everything is still there. This makes little sence to me because everything is just going to waste away, but I guess it's easier to leave it than to scuba for it or drain the tank to get it out. However, I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE so don't quote me on it.:)

Dayma

The coral looks to be there still right where u load up. I cant imagine they pulled up everything unless they wanted to preserve it for later use which I highly doubt...

Not exaclty the easiest place to rehab...In fact the ride may look more authenticate since everything is aged underwater :)

I was told that many of the ride pieces were shipped to Tokyo. The last time I was backstage there was some new Dumbo ride parts... and some old parts submerged underwater. Oh and the ducks that always hang out around the lagoon were hanging out back there!

djmatthews

Well, maybe we will never know, but lets face it, it cant stay in its current state forever! I would like to see a change to Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom