20,000 leagues

Mikejakester

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the building behind 20,000 leagues under the sea is drained out?? Or if it's being used for something?

In this picture

http://www.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll4/Roll04_004.htm

I came to notice how large that ride is... it takes up a whole chuk of the north part of Magic Kindom... with the naked eye you can easy fit any of the other rides in that whole land.

I was wondering if anyone knows if that building is bieng used for something? or if the ride it's just a sitting artificial lake taking up alot of space in Magic kindom?

All I know is that if they take off 20,000 leagues there is room for some big A$$ ride there... That is once they get that tunnel thing figured out.

meanmice

I think there was already a thread about this. I would search for it, but that darn thing never works right for me. anyway, if I remember right it ended in debate. Some said they drained part of it for the sake of the mechanics. Others said that it's full of water and deteriorating(sp?). Either or, that's pretty much how it works on this topic. Some people will say one thing and then there are others who will swear the opposite. Oh well, guess your gunna hafta sort it out on your own and make a logical guess.

Mikejakester

Original Poster
there has to be someone that works there that know whats going on with that building...

I know there a few people that used to or works there that can spill the real guts...

I know there someone called Maria I think and TKO I think.. that used to or work there...

But is there anyone that know anything about it that actually has gone there and seen it??

Sir Hiss527

I don't know if I can help you out. But I don't think there's still water back in that building. It's probally being used for storage, and crap. Or another secret passageway. All I know is the ride is not running anymore.

All Star Nathan

The building hasnt been drained as of the last time I was in there.
I don't actually think you can drain it. The parts that aren't waterlogged are filled with excess ride vehicles. Honeypots and Dumbos and tons of Autotopia cars. Its a workshop for engineering.

devilred

Originally posted by All Star Nathan
tons of Autotopia cars

Grand Prix/Indy cars not Autotopa cars. Unless they send the disneyland and disneyland paris cars to WdW for storage. Just trying to help with your disney sayings :lol: :lol: :lol:

mandib

Originally posted by devilred
Grand Prix/Indy cars not Autotopa cars. Unless they send the disneyland and disneyland paris cars to WdW for storage. Just trying to help with your disney sayings :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad somebody can keep everyone straight on Disney terms!

JEDI1138

Originally posted by Mikejakester
Does anyone know if the building behind 20,000 leagues under the sea is drained out?? Or if it's being used for something?
I was wondering if anyone knows if that building is bieng used for something? or if the ride it's just a sitting artificial lake taking up alot of space in Magic kindom?

All I know is that if they take off 20,000 leagues there is room for some big A$$ ride there... That is once they get that tunnel thing figured out.

Here you go. The building has water in it, you can't drain half of a swimming pool. The water is treated, all of it, again you can't treat half the water in a pool. The building has some areas that can be used for storage, one or two ride vehicles, not tons, rest are stored around building perimeter. There was never a rock slide, it's all made of concrete. It can be drained with no problems, and was done in the past for attraction rehabs. It's not over the Utilidor, it's beside it. The ride vehicles have now been laid to rest. Hope this covers it.

Mikejakester

Original Poster
It's not over the Utilidor, it's beside it.

I just noticed this on a tunnel map I saw on this Web Site.

This bring another question.
I remember there was a discussion on why the lagoon was still up after all this years of being closed down and could not be taken down or replaced by anything else becuase the utility doors where above it, and to take the lagoon down would be very expensive. or so I heard...

So now, If the utility doors are not even close to the lagoon., Why is it that it's still there???

are they keeping it for estatic issues? Looks? scenery? How cost effective is it to have that standing there?

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Mikejakester
Are they keeping it for estatic issues? Looks? scenery? How cost effective is it to have that standing there?

Leaving it there is much cheaper than doing anything with it.

Anyway, keep an eye on that area. Something is gonna happen pretty soon.;)

Mikejakester

Original Poster
What do you mean something is going to happen soon?

You know something we don't know?

* can anyone tell me why is it that I am not able to post attachments*?

My forum Rules Read

You may not post attachments.

Man this really bites

Dayma

They are problably keeping the tank there since it is very expensive and they want to make sure that they will never use it again. I am sure that many different ideas are being "tossed around" on what to do with the area.

meanmice

Is the water stagnet? if so this is the only support to my theory that WDW should have been made closer to me. You see in CT we have a law against stagnet water and how so much must circulate in so much time. This is to prevent West Nile virus from infecting New England. That darn pool would have been drained years ago and we would have a new ride, or we would have the old ride still. ha :lol:

mkepcotmgmak

i know someone will dispute this, and MAYBE it is totally wrong, but when i was in training, several people told us that the lagoon sits almost directly over the men's lockerooms in the utiladors, and when it rains a lot, it can flood the lockerooms... when i think about it, it seems like they do sit right over them, but im not great with direction like that... ha ha...
and i was also told that the lagoon couldn't be drained becuase it had been there for so long, and some of it was kind of unstable if it were drained it would collapse, but that i "DO" have trouble believing... oh well, i hope they do something amazing with it anyway... maybe a villains ride, or something more exciting for fantasyland...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom