20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

bobjl527

Original Poster
Yes, I know this was a pretty cheesey attraction. I rode it for the last time way back in 1991. I am so greatful that I recorded it on my old VHS camcorder. I can remember as a kid thinking, "Wow, we must be pretty deep underwater." Gone but not forgotten....by me anyway.:cry:

mary219

I loved it also.I will miss it this time,it was still there in 2000,the last time I went.I remember the first time i rode it in 1973,i was in awe.

EPCOT.nut

It scared me and my Dad had to calm me down.:ROFLOL:
This picture was taken that fateful day in 1978.

Attachments

• 20,000 Leagues 3 1978.jpg
    20,000 Leagues 3 1978.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 97

Jesùs_Carioca

From my faint childhood memory, i can still remember the submarine itself "plunging down"

Sadly though, that's about all... it was an amazing memory though, if it lasted since now.

A funny tidbit about this ride . . .

It was rumored that it was about to collapse into the tunnels, and that's why they got rid of it. The funny thing is that costuming was located just below it. I was waiting for the day for there to be reports of all Magic Kingdom cast members walking around in wet costumes because 20,000 Leagues had just collapsed!

RonAnnArbor

Greatest Memory: waiting THREE HOURS to ride this stinky thing...and the wait being almost always three hours no matter what time of year you went...ACK....

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I can remember riding it for the last time in 1991 when I was 8...

I was NOT a happy camper because the portly gentleman sitting next to me was omitting 'silent but deadly' noxious gases in my direction while we were inside the submarine. :hurl:

My dad actually started making comments after he'd covered his nose with his shirt such as, "Man, someone cut the cheese! Get it? Cheese? Mickey's a mouse? Mice love cheese... Nevermind." :lol:

I did love the ride and I'm still really tempted to buy some of the seaweed from the attraction on Mouse Surplus.

DocHoliday

I remember there was this little hole beside th ewindow and if you stuck your hand under it you could feel s__________g air. One of the other memories I have is of a crashed sub on the ocean floor.
Miss this ride, alot!

jonnykeogh

I loved it also.I will miss it this time,it was still there in 2000,the last time I went.I remember the first time i rode it in 1973,i was in awe.

I went in 96 and 98 and it was closed. I remember as it was the one ride my dad was properly looking forward to and it had been closed down. It was still there if thats what you meant but it wasn't open

I do wish I could have ridden it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom