2 Table Service Credit Plan For Disney Dining Plan

Joeamc

Original Poster
Hello Everyone! How Would everyone feel about a 2 Table Service Credit plan for the Disney Dining Plan?? For Example, The Basic Dining plan gives you one Quick service and one table service credit per day, The Deluxe plan gives you 3 Table service credits (per day). What I am proposing would be sort of in the middle of the 2 plans, offering 2 table service credits per day. I know this would be perfect for my family. What do you think?

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

Hello Everyone! How Would everyone feel about a 2 Table Service Credit plan for the Disney Dining Plan?? I know this would be perfect for my family. What do you think?
How many counter service and snack credits would you want with this plan?

JIMINYCR

We would be able to use it. When we're booking 2 table credit sites we have to figure out what other meal we want to pay out of pocket or not book.

DisAl

I would love to see a two table service plan.
MANY years ago when they first started using the dining plans only a three table service plan was available. While I and the wife enjoy that for our anniversary (us only) trips that is way too much wasted time and money when we take the grandkids. When we first started taking them we only did QS plans, now that they are a little older we do the one and one dining plan since they love to do the character meals. As they get older a two table service plan with two snacks would be perfect.

DisneyJoe

I would love to see a two table service plan.
MANY years ago when they first started using the dining plans only a three table service plan was available. While I and the wife enjoy that for our anniversary (us only) trips that is way too much wasted time and money when we take the grandkids. When we first started taking them we only did QS plans, now that they are a little older we do the one and one dining plan since they love to do the character meals. As they get older a two table service plan with two snacks would be perfect.
The current Deluxe Dining Plan has 3 meals per nights stay as well as 2 snacks per nights stay and the refillable mug. The 3 meals can be used for either Table Service or Quick Service.

DisAl

The current Deluxe Dining Plan has 3 meals per nights stay as well as 2 snacks per nights stay and the refillable mug. The 3 meals can be used for either Table Service or Quick Service.
You can use a TS for a QS meal, but using a table service credit for a quick service meal is the worst possible use of a table service credit. I don't remember the exact numbers by why would you use a meal credit that cost you $40 for a $17 meal? For our anniversary trips we do the Deluxe plan and do one "regular" table service and one signature restaurant every day. That is the only way I think we get full value for what we pay for the plan.
For me the ideal "set" of plans would be:
(All with 2 snacks per day)
2 QS
1 QS 1 TS
2 TS
3 TS
That should cover the needs of 99% of the needs of different situations.

Last edited:

Pixieish

You're missing the point. We would like 2 table service meals with 2 snacks. Zero quick service meals. And we'd like the price to reflect that.

DisAl

You're missing the point. We would like 2 table service meals with 2 snacks. Zero quick service meals. And we'd like the price to reflect that.
No, I didn't miss the point; I am in full agreement that they need a two TS meal plan with two snacks, and as you said at an appropriate price. Unless you do what we do with the one TS and one signature a day it is next to impossible (at least for me) to do three TS meals in one day without feeling like Jabba the Hut at the end of the day. What I thought you were suggesting was to use at TS credit for a QS meal which would be a waste. I am just too fiscally conservative (tight, cheap) to do that. :cautious:
I think Disney would be surprised at how many people would like to "upgrade" from a one TS one QS plan but find the three TS plan to be too much of a good thing. In fact, if it were available we would have a two TS plan booked for our next trip.

Pixieish

No, I didn't miss the point; I am in full agreement that they need a two TS meal plan with two snacks, and as you said at an appropriate price. Unless you do what we do with the one TS and one signature a day it is next to impossible (at least for me) to do three TS meals in one day without feeling like Jabba the Hut at the end of the day. What I thought you were suggesting was to use at TS credit for a QS meal which would be a waste. I am just too fiscally conservative (tight, cheap) to do that. :cautious:
I think Disney would be surprised at how many people would like to "upgrade" from a one TS one QS plan but find the three TS plan to be too much of a good thing.
It really is. A huge breakfast, a snack or two during the day, and a huge dinner are perfect for us. We really don't do QS at all because we feel like we end up eating chicken fingers and french fries our entire trip because #pickykids. Any of the buffet meals have something for all of us and we end up eating much healthier choices - even the kiddos.

DisAl

While we are discussing meal plans there is something else I wish they would do. Because of the size of our group (8 from my 89 year old mother to my 3 year old grandson) we have to have two rooms. That means half our meals are "assigned" to one room and half to the other. We have to make sure the right meals get charged to the right half of the plan since one half has 4 adults and the other half 2 adults and 2 children. We ran into a problem last time because my daughter and son-in-law took the worn out grandson to the resort while the rest of us stayed at the park. We then have a child with us whose meal plan credits are on her parents magic bands, not ours. It would be so much easier if you could pool a family group's meal plans and rooms into ONE reservation and meal plan rather than two. I can't think of any legitimate reason why they won't do that, especially since dear old granddad is paying for the whole thing anyway....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Instead of TS and QS, why not just have a 2 meals per day with one snack and a 3 meals per day with 2 snacks? Keep the 2 credits for signatures, show dining packages and CRT. Wouldn't that better fit how most people dine at WDW?

The price for the 2 meals could be somewhere between the current QS and regular DDP. And the 3 meals would be the same as the current deluxe plan. I'm all for giving guests as much flexibility as possible.

DisneyJoe

Instead of TS and QS, why not just have a 2 meals per day with one snack and a 3 meals per day with 2 snacks? Keep the 2 credits for signatures, show dining packages and CRT. Wouldn't that better fit how most people dine at WDW?

The price for the 2 meals could be somewhere between the current QS and regular DDP. And the 3 meals would be the same as the current deluxe plan. I'm all for giving guests as much flexibility as possible.
3 meals and 2 snacks IS the current Deluxe plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom