2 sets of Magic Bands needed?

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
We're staying Jan 1 at AofA for a room only reservation and then at Pop starting Jan 5th. I have customized the bands for each reservation. Will I need 2 sets for this or will Disney see this and send only the first set? We want to make use of the FP+, confused, please help me!

Rob562

You'll get two sets, but they can be used interchangeably. (Though check with the front desk to make sure that the Bands can work as your room key interchangeably)

Feel free to choose different colors for each reservation so that you have color options to choose from each day.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Disney sends a set of MBs for each resort hotel reservation. You will link them all to your MDE account once you receive them. However, as I understand it, only one of your bands can be "active" at a time. And I think you can just go into MDE and change the active band(s) at any time.

If you prefer to just use the one for your AoA reservation for the entire trip, you SHOULD be able to.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Disney sends a set of MBs for each resort hotel reservation. You will link them all to your MDE account once you receive them. However, as I understand it, only one of your bands can be "active" at a time. And I think you can just go into MDE and change the active band(s) at any time.

If you prefer to just use the one for your AoA reservation for the entire trip, you SHOULD be able to.
All your bands remain active on MDE unless you specifically deactivate them. We have used multiple bands (from different stays) interchangeably.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Interesting. So how do they prevent you from sharing a band?
For FP+ they can't. My son borrowed my MagicBand to ride Test Track. He got a funny look from the CM when my name appeared on the screen but was not stopped. Obviously you can't share a band for admission since the finger scans must match.

Tom

Beta Return
For FP+ they can't. My son borrowed my MagicBand to ride Test Track. He got a funny look from the CM when my name appeared on the screen but was not stopped. Obviously you can't share a band for admission since the finger scans must match.

Ah. Got it.

Rob562

Exactly. A Band (or a RFID card) is just a "pointer" to your profile on My Disney Experience. So even if you had six Bands and handed them out to your friends, they'd all be trying to gain park admission with the same ticket or AP (which requires the finger scan), and they'd all be trying to redeem the same person's FP+ reservations.

-Rob

stevehousse

We actually did this a few times. Since we had FP+ for our family, our youngest son is only 2 1/2 and didn't reunite a ticket. So we had 3 FP for everything. At all the ride my youngest son couldn't go on we always got a ride swap pass. So 2 of us would swipe our bands for FP+ to ride first, and then me and my wife would switch places and me and my son would use th pass, ultimately leaving a fast pass unredeemed. I went ahead a would change to unused FP+ to a different ride Space because I was the only one who wanted to ride it and my 5 year old is an inch too short to ride. I just carried her MB with me and scanned it not even wearing it, ad they could Clearly see my MB on my wrist and no one said anything wrong. So Definately take advantage of that if u can. Also if your FP for a ride is very short, just go in the standby line and switch your FP to something else...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom