2 Resorts 1 Package Deal

Goofy36

Has anyone been able to book two resorts under one package. We are going in August using the free dining plan and would like to stay at two resorts POR & WL.

One thought I had was booking POR for the entire length of our trip to get the full dining plan. Then book WL for a few days cancelling the rest of POR while we are in WDW. If we did this could we lose the remaing days on the dining plan? Is there an easier wayt to do this - I haven't called reservations yet just wanted to see if anyone had any luck doing this.

Any info would be great. Thanks

Don't waste time asking the board on this one as I doubt anyone can give you a definite yes or no... just call reservations and they will let you know what they can do. Then post back and let us know what they said...muhahahaha.

Upvote 0

Kadee

ReallyBigKid said:
Don't waste time asking the board on this one as I doubt anyone can give you a definite yes or no... just call reservations and they will let you know what they can do. Then post back and let us know what they said...muhahahaha.

I'd bet a million that JPVonDrake can give a definite answer. To the OP, just wait for JPVonDrake to post. He is most helpful and very knowledgeable.

Upvote 0
Kadee said:
I'd bet a million that JPVonDrake can give a definite answer. To the OP, just wait for JPVonDrake to post. He is most helpful and very knowledgeable.

So JPV will be able to tell them if their dates are available as well.... isn't it just simpler to just call reservations, as even if JPV can give a definite answer and its yes... they still have to call reservations and possibly told no as there are no available for their nights. Again it is a simple 5 minute call and gives you a definitive answer.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

You might call CRO and be told that you cant do something that you want but if you know how to ask you might get it. JPV seems to be in the know about what to ask for to have the best luck getting what you want.
But my guess to the origional post is no you cant switch.

Upvote 0

Kadee

ReallyBigKid said:
So JPV will be able to tell them if their dates are available as well.... isn't it just simpler to just call reservations, as even if JPV can give a definite answer and its yes... they still have to call reservations and possibly told no as there are no available for their nights. Again it is a simple 5 minute call and gives you a definitive answer.

The OP wasn't asking anyone if the dates were available; he/she just wanted to know if switching resorts with the dining plan could be done. I'm guessing JP can answer that with 100% accuracy. Sometimes, it is not as simple as a 5 minute call; you may be on hold for a long time. There is nothing wrong with trying to get those kind of answers here. After all, that is what these boards are for, right? :wave:

They allow switching without the dining plan, so I really don't think it should be a problem with the dining plan. So good luck! I hope you are able to get exactly what you want!

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Anyways, the answer is "No."

The dining plan relates to the number of nights in a particular resort. 3 nights means 3 dining plan days. You cannot remove days and keep the plan, nor can you buy extra plan days over the time you stay. The plan benefits expire midnight the day you check out.

However, if the plan is offered for the resorts you want on the days you want, you can still do it if you're willing to split your tickets. That almost definately increase the ticket price (as buying more days costs less per day).

So, say you're going for 6 nights (You'd have to, the dining plan requires 3 nights minimum per reservation). You'd book a 3-night with whatever ticket you want at both resorts. I don't know the exact math, but if you want 7 park days, i'm pretty sure a 3day and 4 day is the best deal, though maybe a 6 and 1 might be cheaper.

You only have to buy a 1 day ticket for each resort stay. I'm going with the dining plan free too, but i'm an AP. Buying a 1-day non-hopper to keep and use later is cheaper than paying for the food :)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Did some research and math...

7 day ticket is $204

Split up:

3 day - 181
4 day - 195

Ouch, but...

6 day - 202
1 day - 63

So yeah, it ups your cost, but not past what the dining plan costs ($35 per day, so for 3 days that's $105) and certainly not past what the dining plan is worth ($100+ on sit down meals per day)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Goofy36 said:
Has anyone been able to book two resorts under one package. We are going in August using the free dining plan and would like to stay at two resorts POR & WL.

One thought I had was booking POR for the entire length of our trip to get the full dining plan. Then book WL for a few days cancelling the rest of POR while we are in WDW. If we did this could we lose the remaing days on the dining plan? Is there an easier wayt to do this - I haven't called reservations yet just wanted to see if anyone had any luck doing this.

Any info would be great. Thanks

I would be happy to give you an official and definite answer to your question.

And technically, yes, with travel dates, I could even give you current availability, however it most likely would change by the time I click submit.:lol: That you should call in for when you are ready to book.

If done correctly, yes what you would like to do can be done, but not in the way you suggested. You would be required to purchase 2 separate Magic Your Way Tickets per guest in your party, but would be able to purchase one vacation insurance plan, one round trip airfare, and/or one of any other package component you choose.

What you want to do is book two accommodation "packages" on one "reservation itinerary" meaning the two separate resort package stays are fully linked and integrated with one set of any other additional vacation components. Even if you are not exactly sure what I mean, the reservation agent should. Let me try to explain...

With our current system, the dining plan can not be not selected or sold separately. It can only be sold as part of a "package" including a Disney Resort stay and a Magic Your Way Ticket of your choice. And while you can choose any length MYW ticket with an expiration that is not linked to your resort stay, the dinning plan must be sold for exactly the same length as your resort stay, expiring at midnight on the date you check-out. If you check out early as you suggested, you dining plan will expire early too.

We can easily book multiple "package" components on your reservation, as long as each "package" is complete (room, ticket, dine) just as we can book multiple air components (different Guests arriving at different times or from different locations) or multiples of any other reservation component. The combination of each of these components forms your reservation itinerary.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
When you do two accomadations on one reservation itinerary, do you need to make two seperate $200 deposits or just one $200 deposit? We want to stay 12 nights at POP , I know we need to purchase two sets of one day tickets and we will just use the second set of tickets at a later date.

Upvote 0

snorgg

We are also going in Aug. for 10 days, and splitting resorts 5 days POR and 5 days WL. We booked POR for 5 nights where we are staying first and did a 10 day myw plus and of course with the free dining then we did WL for 5 nights with a 1 day base ticket (that we can use for future use because we won't be using the 1 day pass at all)i was really confused at first but the cm said it was the best way to go because it is cheaper to get a 10 day pass rather then 2 5 day passes. May sound confussing but i figured it out and we did save $$$. Good luck. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

DisneyMom06 said:
When you do two accomadations on one reservation itinerary, do you need to make two seperate $200 deposits or just one $200 deposit? We want to stay 12 nights at POP , I know we need to purchase two sets of one day tickets and we will just use the second set of tickets at a later date.

You do need to pay a $200 for each package component on your reservation.

And yes, you can save the second set of tickets for a future visit. Remember they do expire 14 days from the ticket's first use, but the clock doesn't start until you use the ticket for the first time. Just be sure not to used the wrong room key for admission once you transfer resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom